2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

starlight97

Final Flight
Anna is a great technician? What about her quad lutz, which in reality is a 3.5 flip?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

It may be, but that's more than all but one of the other female senior skaters on this planet right now can do.
And if you look at my post, I'm trying to make the point that she is a great technician for even being able to perform these skills, but that I personally don't really enjoy them as much because of what I stated. For me Alina's best versions of a 3Lz-3Lo is much more enjoyable to watch.
But I highly doubt that Anna could care less of what we enjoy to watch while polishing her medals

Pantsu

On the Ice
She has a bit more prerotation on her quads, so what. Most ladies jump ~2,5 triple Lz/F. Anna still rotates a lot more in the air and has a good height on her quads

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
She has a bit more prerotation on her quads, so what. Most ladies jump ~2,5 triple Lz/F. Anna still rotates a lot more in the air and has a good height on her quads
It is the same with her triples too. 2.25 rotation. Skaters with legit triple axel rotate more than Anna.
Not to mention that her triples have small height and distance.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Actually, this video of Elena Radionova has almost 22 mill views!

But I would always go back to rewatch Yulia's iconic skate more.

Wow, never seen that one before... It's interesting that it was uploaded in 2016 and there's a lot of comments from recent months. Seems like YT put it in a lot of random people's recommendations :laugh:

starlight97

Final Flight
Radionova has the best exhibitions, hands down.
Her zombie one from juniors was so watchable. It's like she was made to skate in shows.

What happened to her if I may ask so obliviously? Did she retire before 2018? I remember she was stellar as a junior and in her first 2 senior seasons.
She got a bit overlooked during 2014s olympic hype around Yulia but she had that "Nero" SP that I loved.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Wow, never seen that one before... It's interesting that it was uploaded in 2016 and there's a lot of comments from recent months. Seems like YT put it in a lot of random people's recommendations :laugh:

Actually this was one of the first videos I've seen when I started to be interested about the sport :biggrin:

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Her zombie one from juniors was so watchable. It's like she was made to skate in shows.

What happened to her if I may ask so obliviously? Did she retire before 2018? I remember she was stellar as a junior and in her first 2 senior seasons.
She got a bit overlooked during 2014s olympic hype around Yulia but she had that "Nero" SP that I loved.

She had issues w injuries and never came back

Amei

Record Breaker

Radionova was 'overlooked' during the 2013-2014 season because she wasn't old enough to compete at the Olympics. She's never really been the same since her 2015-2016 seasons. Withdrew from both her GP events and nationals in the 2018-2019 season and wasn't assigned anything last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.