2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 185 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Anyone knows why thus year team eteri is very quiet about the programms, i mean we have no ideawhat alina is doing? Will she even compete? I mean yes she said she had chosen songs right? but could she have changed her mind?and wehave noideaehat anna will do ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Scott512

Record Breaker
Anyone knows why thus year team eteri is very quiet about the programms, i mean we have no ideawhat alina is doing? Will she even compete? I mean yes she said she had chosen songs right? but could she have changed her mind?and wehave noideaehat anna will do ?

I think the pandemic and the uncertainty from so many events being cancelled or rescheduled has caused delays in knowing the programs of these skaters. I hope we know well before open skates in a month for the Russian seniors but it's possible we may have to wait till then if EG or danil do not go public with it.

Amei

Record Breaker

It's been an offseason of a lot of changes for that Team, they probably had to focus on other things than program announcements. And they did start to announce programs about the usual time they announce programs when they did a small preview of Kostornaia's FS program but then she left shortly after that, so that probably affected continuing.

Perhaps we'll get some more in the next month but we will definitively know something about all of them about this time next month given that test skates will happen.

Amei

Record Breaker
I think it's possible that the peaks of these great skaters like 3A could be a two or three-year peak. If Sasha can hit her quads most of the time and adds a triple axel to the short program she will be virtually unbeatable.

That's what everyone was saying last year, last year it was discussed not a question of if she would win but by how much, and we all saw how that turned out.

Good luck. But it surprises me that she would want to be in the media.

interview she gave (disclaimer I'm reading based off Google translate):

My impression is that journalism makes sense for her because she's got issues giving interviews (per her own words in the interview), if she's going to continue to do shows and modeling then it makes sense to work to be better at media. Which I'm all for, I've said for the last couple of years that the skaters need media training; Zagitova has had issues before of things she says in interviews highlighting unhealthy dietary habits in the past - something she yet again repeated in this interview with the below question.

Question: Is it customary for you: not to drink, not sleep, not eat in order to achieve a result?

Answer: Maybe yes. Well, in sports you can't do without sleep - you need to recover. But if it will be necessary for business - ready, of course!

Zagitova has had issues before of things she says in interviews highlighting unhealthy dietary habits in the past - something she yet again repeated in this interview with the below question.

The other way to look at it is that she is just being honest. Many athletes in training rely on draconian measures to keep their weight optimal for their sport. Boxers and wrestlers, for instance, go thru a lot to make weight on the day of the fight.

brakes

On the Ice
I like this girl..
Everybody does. :agree:

She's beautiful, passionate skater, she's fun, talkative and cordial girl outside the rink, etc.. There is literally nothing not to like about Stasya, except devastating influence of her performances on her fans' nerves. :drama:

Mawwerg

Final Flight
The other way to look at it is that she is just being honest. Many athletes in training rely on draconian measures to keep their weight optimal for their sport. Boxers and wrestlers, for instance, go thru a lot to make weight on the day of the fight.

Sometimes they find themselves in a hospital even before the fight.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Everybody does. :agree:

She's beautiful, passionate skater, she's fun, talkative and cordial girl outside the rink, etc.. There is literally nothing not to like about Stasya, except devastating influence of her performances on her fans' nerves. :drama:

Well, some favoritism for Stanislava in the old days did not contribute to the love of fans. Now that it's in the past, it looks like. Yes, she is a beautiful skater.

moonkat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
She will not.
Even landing all hers and reaching 110-115 TES means only her PCS being zeroed.

Don't ask Intel for 6GHz CPU. Don't ask Toyota for 2L/100km car.
Don't rush the progress too fast.

Money rules. Money likes slow pass. Better to add one quad every 3-4 years... Slowness of the profit brings more profit...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

She'll be fine as long as she stays healthy. Quads aren't easier at 21. Who even has zero PCS?

Scott512

Record Breaker
we don't know that yet, and i don't think we will be able to say for another year or 2 whether or not they hit their peaks this past season.
Trrue. Got to give it time because these girls are 16.
That's what everyone was saying last year, last year it was discussed not a question of if she would win but by how much, and we all saw how that turned out.

interview she gave (disclaimer I'm reading based off Google translate):

My impression is that journalism makes sense for her because she's got issues giving interviews (per her own words in the interview), if she's going to continue to do shows and modeling then it makes sense to work to be better at media. Which I'm all for, I've said for the last couple of years that the skaters need media training; Zagitova has had issues before of things she says in interviews highlighting unhealthy dietary habits in the past - something she yet again repeated in this interview with the below question.
Sasha will have the highest scoring content and ladies figure skating for whatever type of season we have and if she hits her quads she wins if she doesn't she opens the door to someone else. That's what happened last season.

Good point about Alina and the media and why journalism could help her. I think the Russian Federation needs to supply media experts to train their young athletes not just in figure skating but other sports so they're more comfortable dealing with the media.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Go to see her back on ice. Stanislava always has a beautiful presence about her.
She will not.

Money rules. Money likes slow pass. Better to add one quad every 3-4 years... Slowness of the profit brings more profit...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Sasha isn't going to go slow. ;) that's not how she's built she wants to win now not 3 years from now. She's a very impatient girl and that's one of the reasons she left TT. She wants to do 5 quads in her free skates TT wanted her to do only three.
Well, some favoritism for Stanislava in the old days did not contribute to the love of fans. Now that it's in the past, it looks like. Yes, she is a beautiful skater.
Oh I still liked her a lot even through the favoritism she received even though it devastated one of my favorites and damaged her career and growth. Stasya is super likeable so I never really took it out on her. I'm just sorry when she got those opportunities that stasya did not take advanstage of them and that's being kind.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Sasha finished her mission back in 2018. Landed two different quads in one program. Landed 4T.
ISU accepted with happiness.

Later she landed 4Lz. ISU became angry yet decided to pass the score. Thought it was all over.

Sasha was adamant. 4F... Four quads... Five quads...

ISU said it's enough. Too fast. Well too fast...

Sasha finished her mission back in 2018. Landed two different quads in one program. Landed 4T.

Later she landed 4Lz. ISU became angry yet decided to pass the score. Thought it was all over.

I do not understand this at all. Somehow the ISU will make more money if Sasha spreads out her quads over the years than if she adds them to her repertoire too fast?

Scott512

Record Breaker
we don't know that yet, and i don't think we will be able to say for another year or 2 whether or not they hit their peaks this past season.

She will not.

I do not understand this at all. Somehow the ISU will make more money if Sasha spreads out her quads over the years than if she adds them to her repertoire too fast?

It truly makes no sense. In Russia the lady figure skaters have to fire fast because you never know when someone coming up behind you will push you out of the way.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

huh?

I still think if Trusova lands all her quads, she beats Kostornaya and Shcherbakova in any field: Russia, Canada, Japan,... the advantage technically is soo big, you can't make up some 20 points in components to balance things out.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Did she do 3F-3Lo?

Speaking of 3F+3Lo's. I wish Shcherbakova would go back to that combination. She used to be super solid on those. Her 3Lz+3Lo combo's though have a tendency to end in a stand still, and she often get URs on them. Switching back to 3F+3Lo wouldn't mean any point loss, she can do 3Lz+Eul+3S to even things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.