2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 100 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orlov

Medalist
I will answer for you in privat. But I can tell you I know and read many Russian Fs fans who respect him :)

As an athlete, yes. I respect him for his victories and achievements for the Motherland, too. Are you sure you're not talking about this type of respect?

Plus, many of those russians who are now "on the side of Plushenko" are just anti-fans of Eteri.

Scott512

Record Breaker
As an athlete, yes. I respect him for his victories and achievements for the Motherland, too. Are you sure you're not talking about this type of respect?

Plus, many of those russians who are now "on the side of Plushenko" are just anti-fans of Eteri.

He for sure deserves great respect for his achievements and victories for the motherland.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

Oh, but you are a fan of Eteri. I understand everything.:laugh: No, I don't talk about such type of respect because those persons who don't like him forgot about his achievement, too. :yes: What is totally incomprehensible! I have never encountered such a thing, only in the case of the Russians. All of the nations respect their athletes but not the Russians! So shame. So much hatred for Medvedeva, Zagitova, Sotnikova, etc.

Did you read any Japanese who attacks Yuzuru because he didn't retire? Of course, not. He won everything! Let the young skaters come!:biggrin:

You know Plushenko and his wife's fame is already at a level where they gathers a lot of haters. In the media they do this, they do that, they showed that, he said it, she.....etc.! The people start to hate them , but they are interested in every moment of their life. This happens with many celebrities in the world.

I wrote a private message for you probably you are going to understand more things. And I waiting concrete examples from you.

Orlov

Medalist
What is totally incomprehensible! I have never encountered such a thing, only in the case of the Russians. All of the nations respect their athletes but not the Russians! So shame.

Once again, everyone normal russian respects him as a athlete. But we Russians have strict requirements for the quality of human personality (the legacy of Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, etc.) So we can respect a person for one thing, but condemn them for another. May be it's paradox for you.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Once again, everyone normal russian respects him as a athlete. But we Russians have strict requirements for the quality of human personality (the legacy of Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, etc.) So we can respect a person for one thing, but condemn them for another. May be it's paradox for you.

That is very fair of you. We do that here in America as well respect and appreciate someone for their achievements but condemn them when needed.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

No. That is not paradox for me. But Jesus! You do not pretend to be the most moral persons in the world! I know the history of Russia well enough and I remember our history, too. I remember 1945.... :( I grew up in the soviet era, you know. I said here I'm a russiaphil if I'm talking about arts, ballet, literature, I adored the Russian skaters all the time from my childhood ! :love: but...

But what did Sotnikova do, for example? What did she do what offends your delicate moral tastes?

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
This whole discussion whether Pluschenko is a good or a bad person won’t lead us anywhere.

It’s the same as the Eteri is a good or a bad person. Every fan has their opinion about the subject, and that won’t change based on comments here.

I, for example, really can’t say whether I like either of them or not. Maybe I prefer Eteri slightly, but let me develop it more:

Pluschenko’s behavior in social media and exposing his child bothers me, and his wife seems like a mafia woman. However, I truly believe he has the potential to be a good coach and to have a successful skating school. Does it make me his fan? I don’t know. I like his skating, I appreciate his achievements. I don’t love him as a person, though. About the whole Sima/Tarakanova problem, although I wouldn’t expose students on the media, even if they were terrible students, I think we can’t say for sure whether these girls were good to work with.

Tarakanova, as lovely as she is, seems like a more demanding student in terms of psychological support. There’s a reason why she changes coaches every single year since she left Eteri. Why did she leave Eteri, anyways? Is that a reason for him to expose her on the media? Absolutely not! But she seems like a more demanding and difficult student.

Serafima, on the other hand, has given many worrying and controversial interviews. She seems to be a little arrogant about her skating. I remember when she said in one interview something like “I could beat Evgenia/Alina (I can’t remember each of the two), the judges were unfair, and I think I was a better skater than they were”. If someone could find this interview to correct me, I would be glad, because I’m not sure if those were her exact words, but she sounded so arrogant and unable to recognize her mistakes that it gave me the impression that she might be annoying to work with. The number 1 step to be a good skater is to be humble, recognize your mistakes and work on them. Serafima doesn’t seem like that. But, please, correct me if I’m wrong, because I may be mistaking her for someone else.

And about Eteri, I think she wasn’t appropriate when Yulia and Evgenia left her. The way she tried to expose Evgenia and said she supposedly asked her to leave Alina at Juniors... even if it was true, that’s low... and the way she talked about Orser, like he was challenging her and later said in an interview Boitano was her favorite skater ever... that’s shady. But I recognize Eteri is an amazing coach, who has done amazing things for figure skating, and she seems to treat her current students really well, even giving them more space to choose music etc. Eteri seems to be learning from her previous mistakes as a coach, and I admire her for that. I also think she’s a very motherly figure for these girls and the girls IDOLIZE her. The girls talk about her presence as if she were a goddess, her beauty, her style, her power. Eteri deserves all the recognition and achievements she has gotten so far.

Am I a fan of Eteri/Pluschenko?

If I had to pick one of them, I would totally choose Eteri, but both of them react very poorly to rejection from their students. But Eteri is a fighter, a person who overcame all the adversities of life, who almost starved when she lived in the USA. This woman has fought for every single piece of success she has today, and even if I don’t love her and have my doubts about her sometimes, I have to admit Eteri is an amazing person. Controversial, but amazing.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
That is very fair of you. We do that here in America as well respect and appreciate someone for their achievements but condemn them when needed.

Scott, you are funny. :) In my country, too! And in every country, too, probably. But what's the reason when anybody can start criticizing someone? That is very debatable! Especially if we are on skating forums where almost all people are a little bit biased. ;)
I didn't receive any other evidences from Orlov to prove how bad person Plushenko is what you didn't mention, for example. Nothing new. Both of you are Eteri fans. ;) No matter, if you remember I respetc her.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
What I find a bit ironic about Plushenko saying that Sasha deserved best newcomer is that it brings attention to the idea that Sasha actually was doing pretty well with her previous coaching team and her results and achievements were so good, they didn't justify a coach change.

Scott512

Record Breaker
This whole discussion whether Pluschenko is a good or a bad person won’t lead us anywhere.

It’s the same as the Eteri is a good or a bad person. Every fan has their opinion about the subject, and that won’t change based on comments here.

I, for example, really can’t say whether I like either of them or not. Maybe I prefer Eteri slightly, but let me develop it more:

Pluschenko’s behavior in social media and exposing his child bothers me, and his wife seems like a mafia woman. However, I truly believe he has the potential to be a good coach and to have a successful skating school. Does it make me his fan? I don’t know. I like his skating, I appreciate his achievements. I don’t love him as a person, though. About the whole Sima/Tarakanova problem, although I wouldn’t expose students on the media, even if they were terrible students, I think we can’t say for sure whether these girls were good to work with.

Tarakanova, as lovely as she is, seems like a more demanding student in terms of psychological support. There’s a reason why she changes coaches every single year since she left Eteri. Why did she leave Eteri, anyways? Is that a reason for him to expose her on the media? Absolutely not! But she seems like a more demanding and difficult student.

Serafima, on the other hand, has given many worrying and controversial interviews. She seems to be a little arrogant about her skating. I remember when she said in one interview something like “I could beat Evgenia/Alina (I can’t remember each of the two), the judges were unfair, and I think I was a better skater than they were”. If someone could find this interview to correct me, I would be glad, because I’m not sure if those were her exact words, but she sounded so arrogant and unable to recognize her mistakes that it gave me the impression that she might be annoying to work with. The number 1 step to be a good skater is to be humble, recognize your mistakes and work on them. Serafima doesn’t seem like that. But, please, correct me if I’m wrong, because I may be mistaking her for someone else.

And about Eteri, I think she wasn’t appropriate when Yulia and Evgenia left her. The way she tried to expose Evgenia and said she supposedly asked her to leave Alina at Juniors... even if it was true, that’s low... and the way she talked about Orser, like he was challenging her and later said in an interview Boitano was her favorite skater ever... that’s shady. But I recognize Eteri is an amazing coach, who has done amazing things for figure skating, and she seems to treat her current students really well, even giving them more space to choose music etc. Eteri seems to be learning from her previous mistakes as a coach, and I admire her for that. I also think she’s a very motherly figure for these girls and the girls IDOLIZE her. The girls talk about her presence as if she were a goddess, her beauty, her style, her power. Eteri deserves all the recognition and achievements she has gotten so far.

Am I a fan of Eteri/Pluschenko?

If I had to pick one of them, I would totally choose Eteri, but both of them react very poorly to rejection from their students. But Eteri is a fighter, a person who overcame all the adversities of life, who almost starved when she lived in the USA. This woman has fought for every single piece of success she has today, and even if I don’t love her and have my doubts about her sometimes, I have to admit Eteri is an amazing person. Controversial, but amazing.

This is an amazing post. I feel like calling you sir today . Fair points all the way around especially about EG and had to overcome so much in her life and career . She is beautiful but as tough as an alley cat. But far from perfect even flanker and I know that.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
What I find a bit ironic about Plushenko saying that Sasha deserved best newcomer is that it brings attention to the idea that Sasha actually was doing pretty well with her previous coaching team and her results and achievements were so good, they didn't justify a coach change.

And that is true. No doubt.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
This is an amazing post. I feel like calling you sir today . Fair points all the way around especially about EG and had to overcome so much in her life and career . She is beautiful but as tough as an alley cat. But far from perfect even flanker and I know that.

Well, well, well....same here about Plush. ;)

Scott512

Record Breaker
Scott, you are funny. :) In my country, too! And in every country, too, probably. But what's the reason when anybody can start criticizing someone? That is very debatable! Especially if we are on skating forums where almost all people are a little bit biased. ;)
I didn't receive any other evidences from Orlov to prove how bad person Plushenko is what you didn't mention, for example. Nothing new. Both of you are Eteri fans. ;) No matter, if you remember I respetc her.

Thank you for appreciating my sense of humor.

And I don't think Evgeni is a bad person. I think he's had bad moments running his mouth. I trust you find this point of view from a reasonable and acceptable.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I never had any problem with Plushenko as a person or skater, possibly even a coach. But he’s became increasingly alike to his wife in his words, posts and scandals he’s getting into, and I don’t like that at all.
I mainly don’t understand his wife, she’s done quite some controversial things in her life, she’s obsessed with views and likes on Instagram to a worrying degree.
She constantly is in one controversy or the other, there’s a new one every week, like coming in just this week, because she DMd some other celebrity and called them cheap and not worthy of LV, because of LV promo photo they made.
Other Russian celebrities have a lot of controversies with her, and it’s not because they’re just a jealous bunch of haters, let’s be real here.
For example, a football player once commented that it looks like her son is forced to be filmed in these constant Instagram videos. Her reply was making her son record a video speaking back to that football player, that he’s wrong and little Sasha is totally going to show him who’s the boss when they meet in person.
I don’t know if that’s the right response in that situation, I personally would never do that :(

Needless to say, she was extremely proud when one audio clip of her son became a TikTok trend in Russia. That audio clip being from one of the videos where her son said he’s tired of being constantly filmed. I don’t know if she’s not taking her son‘s words seriously, but it’s very worrying.

She also recently started having friendly commentary exchanges with one infamous blogger, you know, the one which wants to „slash 16yo‘s face“. I hope and believe she doesn’t realize who she was talking to.

Scott512

Record Breaker

That's a very interesting point Lopsi. I like your take.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Has Diana won medals?

Thank you for this article on the great coach and for changing the subject from the best newcomer controversy which should not be a controversy at all.

See her results here:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...Gleb-Smolkin&p=2211521&viewfull=1#post2211521

And here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana_Davis_(figure_skater)

Of course so far not big victories but thee medals from three JGP series competitions, bronze at Russian Junior Nationals and victory at Volvo Open Cup is not bad for a couple that is relatively new to ice dance.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
As for Plushy, to be honest, what made me definitely alienated about him was when in his "infamous" speech at the end of the last year he explained why skaters should come to him the way "I have money and influential friends" or something like that. Man should never let the money speak for him.

Just like Orlov, I can respect someone's achievements in his profession, sport or art, while not liking him as a person.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
As for Plushy, to be honest, what made me definitely alienated about him was when in his "infamous" speech at the end of the last year he explained why skaters should come to him the way "I have money and influential friends" or something like that. Man should never let the money speak for him.

Just like Orlov, I can respect someone's achievements in his profession, sport or art, while not liking him as a person.

I agree, just because he has power and influence within RussiaN skating, it doesn’t mean he can bribe his way through the ISU. His skaters actually have to produce in competition as well.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
I never had any problem with Plushenko as a person or skater, possibly even a coach. But he’s became increasingly alike to his wife in his words, posts and scandals he’s getting into, and I don’t like that at all.
I mainly don’t understand his wife, she’s done quite some controversial things in her life, she’s obsessed with views and likes on Instagram to a worrying degree.
She constantly is in one controversy or the other, there’s a new one every week, like coming in just this week, because she DMd some other celebrity and called them cheap and not worthy of LV, because of LV promo photo they made.
Other Russian celebrities have a lot of controversies with her, and it’s not because they’re just a jealous bunch of haters, let’s be real here.
For example, a football player once commented that it looks like her son is forced to be filmed in these constant Instagram videos. Her reply was making her son record a video speaking back to that football player, that he’s wrong and little Sasha is totally going to show him who’s the boss when they meet in person.
I don’t know if that’s the right response in that situation, I personally would never do that :(

Needless to say, she was extremely proud when one audio clip of her son became a TikTok trend in Russia. That audio clip being from one of the videos where her son said he’s tired of being constantly filmed. I don’t know if she’s not taking her son‘s words seriously, but it’s very worrying.

She also recently started having friendly commentary exchanges with one infamous blogger, you know, the one which wants to „slash 16yo‘s face“. I hope and believe she doesn’t realize who she was talking to.

I really feel for little Alex. At first, it was cute. Now, it’s totally being against his will, and the videos are so unnecessary. Their content is only about showing how rich they are. It annoys me. I really hope little Alex can grow to be as big in figure skating as he aspires to be, but having the mother he has, I wouldn’t doubt if all of a sudden he starts rebelling against everything coming from his parents (even figure skating). Not to be more dramatic, but things could turn out pretty badly for him considering the values he’s learning from his mother (only money matters, let’s expose 100% of our rich fake happy lives on social media so that we can monetize on things, etc).

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
See her results here:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...Gleb-Smolkin&p=2211521&viewfull=1#post2211521

And here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana_Davis_(figure_skater)

Of course so far not big victories but thee medals from three JGP series competitions, bronze at Russian Junior Nationals and victory at Volvo Open Cup is not bad for a couple that is relatively new to ice dance.

It’s spread online that Diana is going to switch partners to the current junior world champion (that’s supposedly why Eteri was in the US). I mean, between her and Gleb, I totally agree he’s the weak of the pair. He lacks charisma, while Diana is star on her own, has lots of charisma and potential to be a star (not necessarily a champion, but definitely a star).

Status
Not open for further replies.