2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 168 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the reasons ever posted here, that could be at least somehow called reasons, could be reduced to "I don't like it because..."

Whatever follows the "because" is the reason.

You cannot say that people do not have reasons for their beliefs just because the reasons that they state do not convince you to join them.

Anyway, the reason :) I brought this up again was not to present any arguments for or against raising the age limit. I was responding to to the poster who claimed that "most people want the age raised to 18." I think that this is factually incorrect. I think that "most people" do not want this. (Although I haven't taken a scientific poll on the question. If I did, I might change my mind on the the issue of what % of people want 18 and what % want 15 (or 16).)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
All the reasons ever posted here, that could be at least somehow called reasons, could be reduced to "I don't like it because..."

I would hope so in any opinion on, well... anything?? "I don't like it for no reason at all" is the only alternatove and wouldn't get you very far.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Not here, she posted updates in her ig

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDhHG_fpNb6/

Oh, no... :( She looks a bit like Mai Mihara did when Mai was bedridden the past season. I'm very concerned.

This type of weight loss would not help with rotating jumps. Trusova/Valieva/Scherbakova are thin, but not to that point - they still have normally-proportioned faces and lean muscles. There is a certain threshold of body fat (14% for females) beyond which bone density, hormonal function (not just reproductive - also blood pressure/thermoregulation/sleep/cognition) etc. become adversely affected. The body will begin to break down muscular tissue for fuel because the fat stores provide insufficient energy. For certain reasons I neared that point once (18% BF) and developed similar facial features (hollowness around cheek and eye area) due to lack of oestrogen. It didn't feel any easier to jump, plus I had bradycardia/chills/lethargy.

I hope to enjoy Ksenia's skating for years to come, but those pictures are very worrying. :no:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Anna's older sister actually attended high school in Switzerland and is now is in university in Netherlands, so it wouldn't at all be weird for Anna to live and train abroad, as far as her family goes.

Not saying the rumor is true - I still don't buy it - but just wanted to point that out.

I think even my head would explode

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Very nice and very touching to see. They love princess Aliona so much and will miss her.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
Maybe she just grew taller.

This type of weight loss is not due to gaining height. I’ve had an eating disorder at her age and I’m about to graduate from Med School, teenagers at her age don’t just lose weight out of nowhere. Never. We could think about causes for weight loss at this age - chronic disease? Don’t think so. Malnourishment? Don’t think so. Eating disorder? Maybe. If a teenager comes to an appointment and we check weight loss this severe, we have to investigate very well what is going on, that’s almost like a rule in Medicine.

Edit: I’ve rechecked her Instagram photos and it’s actually hard to tell how severe and if there was in fact weight loss. It seems like there was, but Kseniia was already a tiny girl - if we compare skaters in normal clothes versus skaters with tights and costumes, they’ll usually look thinner in regular clothes. I wouldn’t jump to conclusions without seeing a video, because pictures lie sometimes, but her face seems thinner, and a teenager usually doesn’t lose cheek fat until her twenties, unless there’s severe weight loss. In conclusion: I can’t tell. I’m sorry if I jumped to conclusions before.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Edit: I’ve rechecked her Instagram photos and it’s actually hard to tell how severe and if there was in fact weight loss. It seems like there was, but Kseniia was already a tiny girl - if we compare skaters in normal clothes versus skaters with tights and costumes, they’ll usually look thinner in regular clothes. I wouldn’t jump to conclusions without seeing a video, because pictures lie sometimes, but her face seems thinner, and a teenager usually doesn’t lose cheek fat until her twenties, unless there’s severe weight loss. In conclusion: I can’t tell. I’m sorry if I jumped to conclusions before.

Yes, the loss of cheek fat is exactly what worries me. The appearance of weight loss that Nussnacker was referring to is specifically from the last 2-3 photos. In photos before that period, Kseniia looks exactly as she has done for the past couple of years, slender but healthy. Also, she was wearing fairly loose clothes in her test skate video from last August - you can refer to that for comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYEKMAOXgXE

I'm also aware of the dangers of jumping to conclusions, and of inappropriately commenting on girls' appearances, so I don't want to speculate too much. People's jaws lengthen with puberty which can make their faces appear longer. However, very low body fat gives a distinct look (skin thins and looks more translucent, blood vessels become more prominent). I've seen it before in myself and a family member, and that photo stirred up uncomfortable memories. I haven't gotten that from any other current skater so far, slim as they may be.

Last edited:

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I noticed Kseniia had lost weight too. You can definitely see it, and her skin looks yellowy and unhealthy too [emoji20] I’m not criticising her cause I am naturally thin myself and got picked on for it but compared to before, Kseniia was “normal” and healthy looking, and now I’m worried [emoji20] people go calling Eteri’s girls anorexic but unhealthy weight loss is not evident in them unlike in Kseniia’s instance (not saying she’s anorexic though, I don’t want to assume)
I hope she’s okay...she doesn’t need to lose weight

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I want to share a little colorful news :) I don't remember where it was in this thread or in Aliona's leaving Eteri thread someon worried about the young girls who will train in the academy of the cruel Plushenko. Filip Kirkorov one of the greatest Russian popstars told in his new interview:

Daughter fell in love with Plushenko Sr.

- Alla-Victoria was in love with figure skating, - says Philip. - More precisely, in the prince. Not the little Gnom Gnomych that many have talked about. And in senior Plushenko. That is why she wanted to do figure skating. But I still think this sport is traumatic. Therefore, I am more for earthly adventures.

Источник: https://sobesednik.ru/shou-biznes/20...doch-vlyubilas
© Sobesednik.ru

The blond "Russian adonis" era is gone. :laugh: What can that 8 y. o. girl see? A not too young man with big nose , :laugh: his hair isn't that shiny anymore ;) but she fell in love with him. It seems the kidness, the cuteness, the fun are there...those are so charming for the little ones.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there any news from the junior test skates? We should at least hear about programs??...

Status
Not open for further replies.