2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 169 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
Filip Kirkorov is actually a Bulgarian who became a famous singer in Russia (He was born in Varna, Bulgaria. Varna is the sea capital of Bulgaria)... I read the article. Filip's daughter was training in Plushenko academy, but she left as her father thinks that the sport is dangerous. She joined Plushenko academy because she fell in love with Plushenko. :) I hope she can go to a gymnastics academy.
Hmm... And I started learning Russian (instead of German) in high school only because I was watching figure skating and Russians were everywhere in this sport.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Are we really discussing whether a woman answering to rumours that have been persistently asked for about three months with “none of your business“ is rude? Bit of a reach, isn‘t it? :scratch2:

I‘ve gotta admit, even after two years of this thread, it‘s still puzzling to me. I was trying to answer a question about the Evgenia-Plushenko coaching rumours a few pages back. Seems like a simple enough thing and yet we once again get back to the fundamentals of Evgenia‘s character and her life decisions. I mean, you all do you but... really? :laugh:
Aren't you the one that brought this comment of Evgenias this thread? ;) if she said that to a nosy reporter that's one thing if she said that to one of her fans who may buy Nike or Pantene products that she endorses that's another thing. All Zhenya had to say was she is very happy with Brian and his team and she would be at their facility now preparing for open skates in September if it wasn't for the pandemic. Reality is the pandemic has affected all aspect of life including sports and coaching and traveling. Zhenya has suffered with her ability to travel normally.

No, I only started following FS after the 2018 Olympics, so I couldn't really have an opinion about Yulia's career after Sochi.

If Alina left Eteri in an ugly way, I think I would be extremely surprised, as Alina has never been a controversial person. But I wouldn't turn against Eteri and of course I would wish Alina the best and would still be her fan.
I do wish Medvedeva, Trusova and Kostornaia well. Whatever happened between them and Eteri is already in the past and I look forward to see what comes next for them.
Perfectly answer to a very difficult question from mathman or whomever it was.

No one knows how her career will unfold but she is a monster in the making (V Zilla ;)) and potentially EGs greatest loss! Veronika pulls off these unbelievably difficult jumps like it's a piece of cake. Phenomenal. But let's be honest there's just too many people on the ice when she's at work. She was very close to colliding with someone from the video we just saw and if that happens her career is in jeopardy. Plushy needs to be a little bit careful about not bringing in too many skaters at one time for one rink. I know he's planning to build a couple more rinks for his academy but that takes time perhaps even years.

Scott512

Record Breaker
She looks very skinny!
Like a lot of girl figure skaters she's built like a ballerina. Ksenia
Looks like her mother and I think her mother is probably very lean too. Ksenia has a healthy glow to her so that's a good sign. I think we've learned through the Yulia case from years ago that you can't rely on coaches to stay on top of the well-being and health of their students. It's up to the parents first and foremost. Every Sports Federation in the modern world should have professional dietitians and nutritionists to work with athletes as a group or one-on-one. If that's not happening then these parents have to stay on top of things. Some girls are naturally reed then like Anna and Zhenya. And Ksenia.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Filip Kirkorov is actually a Bulgarian who became a famous singer in Russia (He was born in Varna, Bulgaria. Varna is the sea capital of Bulgaria)... I read the article. Filip's daughter was training in Plushenko academy, but she left as her father thinks that the sport is dangerous. She joined Plushenko academy because she fell in love with Plushenko. :) I hope she can go to a gymnastics academy.
Hmm... And I started learning Russian (instead of German) in high school only because I was watching figure skating and Russians were everywhere in this sport.

Interesting story. Figure skating is a very dangerous sport. I'm glad hervfather pulled her out of the plushenko academy.

ruga

Final Flight
Is it known at least the calendary of the junior test skates?
August 10

Ice dance, rhythm dance

Start - 15.00, finish - 17.0

August 11

Ice dance, free dance

Start - 15.00, finish - 17.00

August 14

Pairs, short program

Start - 15.00, finish - 16.15

August 15

Pairs, free skate

Start - 14.00, finish - 15.30

August 18

Girls, short program

Start - 14.00, finish - 16.45

Boys, short program

Start - 14.00, finish - 16.45

August 19

Girls, free program

Start - 14.00, finish - 17.00

Boys, free program

Start - 14.00, finish - 17.00
Moscow time

https://m.sports.ru/figure-skating/1087572593.html?

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Interesting story. Figure skating is a very dangerous sport. I'm glad hervfather pulled her out of the plushenko academy.

Kirkorov also always seems to show up at Eurovision these days (not this year though as it was cancelled). I don't know, but he seems to have much power in Russia and its music.

colormyworld240

Medalist
I think Sinitsina does look thin and maybe she did lose some weight for whatever reason. But no one here is qualified to diagnose her and no one knows specifics about her weight, build, diet, etc. Physicians will always tell you eating disorders are not diagnosed just by appearance, and certainly nothing can be diagnosed from a photograph alone. Many of the younger Russian ladies are going through their teenage years currently and their bodies will change. Actually, many women's weight and distribution are always changing. So let's leave them be in that area; none of these girls need comments about how skinny/fat they are, or speculating they have an eating disorder.

readernick

Medalist
I think Sinitsina does look thin and maybe she did lose some weight for whatever reason. But no one here is qualified to diagnose her and no one knows specifics about her weight, build, diet, etc. Physicians will always tell you eating disorders are not diagnosed just by appearance, and certainly nothing can be diagnosed from a photograph alone. Many of the younger Russian ladies are going through their teenage years currently and their bodies will change. Actually, many women's weight and distribution are always changing. So let's leave them be in that area; none of these girls need comments about how skinny/fat they are, or speculating they have an eating disorder.

100% agree. The young ladies receive far too much feedback from coaches/media/judges already about their appearance. I would just add that if Ksenia is struggling with something (not diagnosing, or speculating), that I hope the adults in her life are prompt about getting her help. I love her skating! She is uniquely gifted artistically and I hope she can skate for years to come. (If she wants to continue)

Scott512

Record Breaker
Adelina Sotnikova is opening her own school of figure skating in Moscow
Good luck Adelina. I hope she has the financial backing she needs.
Kirkorov also always seems to show up at Eurovision these days (not this year though as it was cancelled). I don't know, but he seems to have much power in Russia and its music.
I know nothing about him. if he has power I hope he's using it in a positive direction.

Well said world. it's not right to play doctor at the expense of this 16 year old girl. Ksenia seems to be on the upswing in her career. If there really are no health issues that upswing should continue even though now she will be skating in the deep waters with top Russians and other top ladies.

DougDorsey

On the Ice
Fran is so annoying... She tries to be supercool, but she always talks about the same things and repeats what the TSL guys think. Let the girls do the quads, I’m all in for it.

Couldn't agree more. She's so full of herself, yet so lacking in original thought. (Not that the TSL guys are particularly original either, nor are they all that informed on a lot of the things they opine about, but at least they're occasionally entertaining.)

She also can't take anyone disagreeing with her opinions.

I don't get how folks like her build a following.

Status
Not open for further replies.