2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 172 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Sasha's free skate is Romeo and Juliet.https://www.instagram.com/p/CDtsJXKjwW7/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link Not sure how I feel about that, but I'm glad they're going softer with her. But do every R&J programs have to have the same music?

I think Sasha can pull off a softer program; her Vivaldi free skate from her first junior season was softer and that's still one of my favorite programs she's ever done. Romeo and Juliet will be interesting for sure. Can't wait to see the whole thing at test skates!

macy

Record Breaker
Sasha's free skate is Romeo and Juliet.https://www.instagram.com/p/CDtsJXKjwW7/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link Not sure how I feel about that, but I'm glad they're going softer with her. But do every R&J programs have to have the same music?

Edit: also, is this a 4Lz-3T in the second half?

well...i think this depends on the music cuts as to how i feel about it. if it's the darker themes and not so much the slower romantic parts, it might not be bad. but i am skeptical.

also, her lutz air position looks much tighter and she gets into it much quicker.

Supernovaimplosion

Final Flight
well...i think this depends on the music cuts as to how i feel about it. if it's the darker themes and not so much the slower romantic parts, it might not be bad. but i am skeptical.

also, her lutz air position looks much tighter and she gets into it much quicker.

I'm skeptical of every Romeo and Juliet program because I can only listen to Leonardo DiCaprio's voiceover in Kissing You so many times

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Sigh. Romeo and Juliette? Really.. ??? There are so many other pieces out there that would have fit Sasha more and that would be brand new songs and not the warhorse of the warhorses.

Supernovaimplosion

Final Flight
Sigh. Romeo and Juliette? Really.. ??? There are so many other pieces out there that would have fit Sasha more and that would be brand new songs and not the warhorse of the warhorses.
Romeo and Juliet is so broad you could make a program with songs no one's ever skated to before and yet everyone uses the same 3 songs.

Happy Skates

Final Flight

I know she is using Romeo and Juliet, but she is using the Montagues and Capulets, which is not often used (and is personally my favorite R&J piece of music). She is also using Come, Gentle Night for the second part which is nice.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I know she is using Romeo and Juliet, but she is using the Montagues and Capulets, which is not often used (and is personally my favorite R&J piece of music). She is also using Come, Gentle Night for the second part which is nice.

I would have loved if they had choosen the Tschaikovsky version or even the soundtracks from the R&J musical since no one uses them... but Kissing you is just a huge disappointment. That song will haunt me forever :(

Fluture

Record Breaker
Romeo & Juliet... okay, I did expect a lot but not that. Diplomatically spoken, I‘m puzzled and sceptically curious. The song chosen does sound like it’s a little more on the dramatic side and not as overused, which is good. I‘ll definitely try to wait for the program before judging too harshly. But still... there are literally so many pieces of beautiful music if you want something lyrical - why does it have to be Romeo and Juliet again??

Also, the lutz looks under but she seems quicker in her take-off and the toepick looks a little better from what I can tell from that angle (which is not a lot)

Fluture

Record Breaker
Another thought: 4Lz+3T... does that mean she‘ll go back to repeating the 4Lz instead of the 4T?

dlco

Rinkside
who else is coming down the line after Zhilina and Akatyeva? do we know who will be in the generation following?
Akatyeva, Zhilina V., Berestovskaya, Gorbacheva, Dmitrieva, Zakharova, Kulikova, Vazhnova
Rubtsova, Titova, Melkumova
Dzepka, Shifrina, Zhilina A.
Marasanova
Kostyleva

icybear

Medalist

Edit: also, is this a 4Lz-3T in the second half?

I'm curious who chose the music. Alexandra doesnt strike me as someone who likes classical warhorse. To me this feels like they are thinking that giving her a classical warhorse renowned for artistry coupled with the coach change to a supposedly more artistic coach will give the judges an excuse to inflate her pcs under the illusion that her artistry has improved enormously in under 5 months. I'm sure if she skates close enough to clean, they'll gladly hand her over 90pcs. Otherwise I seriously cannot understand how they managed to come to the idea of Alexandra and Juliet being perfect match.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Another thought: 4Lz+3T... does that mean she‘ll go back to repeating the 4Lz instead of the 4T?

I was thinking that too... so far they have only shown quad lutzes, maybe she hasn't restored the 4T yet? Or maybe she is still repeating the 4T and using the euler combination. Also, I'm pretty sure that the music playing is from the Montagues and Capulets, which is the third song.

Status
Not open for further replies.