2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 184 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
What is the new list of junior ladies going to the test skates next week? Will they add another girl now that Kamila won’t be there?

micks

Rinkside
Looks like Tuktamysheva participated in senior test skates when she was still a junior back in 2010

"The only thing that saddens is the lack of an opportunity to participate in adult tournaments: for a whole year, Lisa, together with the winner of the third stage of the Grand Prix, Adelina Sotnikova, will have to work according to the junior calendar." (Sotnikova was not invited)
https://www.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/reviews/790523/8082737884/

Mishin: Tuktamysheva is a mature master
https://www.newstube.ru/media/mishin-tuktamysheva-zrelyj-master
Professor is talking about how she is so tiny (13y) and yet so mature, also mentioned incoming Sochi Olympics
The video is taken right after the test skates
The rules was different at that time.

micks

Rinkside
I'm wondering what's going on with Anna? It seems that Eteri does not see her as a serious rival to Sasha and Alena, and therefore pushed the decision to take Valieva into senior test skates.
Have one skater is a good, have two skaters is the better. :)

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
the move of Valieva to senior Test slates makes me excited for the ladies field even less :coffee:

good luck to Plushy tho. At least now he seems kind of exciting rival to her predicrtability.

brakes

On the Ice
OK, so apparently Anna may not be feds or/and coaching staff favourite... again. So what? :cool:

- at 10.5yo, she didn't have triples and Eteri sent her away from the group,
- at 12, she broke her hand and missed Junior Nationals,
- at 13, she broke her leg and missed whole international season and after couple of months of Trusova's showtime many fans lost sight of her,
- at 14, she wiped the ice on every single quad she attempted in the JGP, including 5th place at the Final so people advocated on leaving her in juniors for one more year,
- at 15, she botched the quad at the test skates, so people predicted her fighting for the third spot in the team max.

Yet, she never put her hands down and worked, worked and worked... and it even ended with 2019 TAT's "she's been falling through the whole warm-up, maybe they removed her quad after all..." and 2020 Ted's Barton "she's somewhat the forgotten one..."! :yay:

Davai Anyutik! :cheer2:

Arbitrary

Medalist
Sport-Express states Alina Zagitova's enlisted for the Russian Government's Academy for the next year, effective September.
The wants to become a journalist.

It may be the decision made. Not necessarily bad, but...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Without any bias (unconscious or not) and by the use of just pure common sense I would say that this situation has nothing to do with the upcoming olympics which is in year and half (in the best case scenario).

My impression is that the Russian figure skating establishment puts a lot of thought into the Olympic Games. Anna Shcherbakova and Aliona Korrornia hit their peak this past season. Alexandra Trusova the year before. Alina Zagitova a year before that. Evgenia Medvedeva a year or two previous, etc.

That was then; this is now; 2022 is the future. I cannot blame any skating federation for looking ahead rather than back.

Last edited:

GINO

On the Ice
Anna Shcherbakova and Aliona Korrornia hit their peak this past season. Alexandra Trusova the year before.

I don't think so. Alexandra had a 220 average score last season and never landed 3 clean quads while this season her average score is 235 and she landed 3 clean quads 6 times.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I don't think so. Alexandra had a 220 average score last season and never landed 3 clean quads while this season her average score is 235 and she landed 3 clean quads 6 times.

If Sasha can do her free skate clean or even just 90% clean she will be a monster. She will be Sashzilla! 😎😜

macy

Record Breaker
How do you know they won't peak coming or next season?

we don't know that yet, and i don't think we will be able to say for another year or 2 whether or not they hit their peaks this past season.

Scott512

Record Breaker
we don't know that yet, and i don't think we will be able to say for another year or 2 whether or not they hit their peaks this past season.
I think it's possible that the peaks of these great skaters like 3A could be a two or three-year peak. If Sasha can hit her quads most of the time and adds a triple axel to the short program she will be virtually unbeatable.

Maybe her course of study includes being a TV commentator and producing shows.

It's very possible. But I want Alina to continue to skate competitively for the next couple years. I hope all this university studies and discussion does not mean she's ready to pack it in.

mrrice

Record Breaker
:eek:topic: Sorry you guys. I was bored and watching old videos and I came across Elena Sokolova. She was always so much fun and she was brilliant at Worlds in 2003. What is she up to these days......:confused2:

Arbitrary

Medalist
If Sasha can do her free skate clean or even just 90% clean she will be a monster. She will be Sashzilla! [emoji41][emoji12]
She will not.
Even landing all hers and reaching 110-115 TES means only her PCS being zeroed.

Don't ask Intel for 6GHz CPU. Don't ask Toyota for 2L/100km car.
Don't rush the progress too fast.

Money rules. Money likes slow pass. Better to add one quad every 3-4 years... Slowness of the profit brings more profit...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.