2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbitrary

Medalist
I expect the overall level of TUT girls will be greatly improved with Trusova dismissed.
No jumper before your eyes helps to concentrate...

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Coaching changes, please add the Zhilina sisters (or at the very least Veronika) from Tutberidze to Plushenko.

Is the junior team not set? I thought it was: Valieva, Usacheva, Khromykh.

Not officially, I believe. Of course anyone please link any info related to still missing info, I will put it into empty columns gradually. The same for russian pairs.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
BTW I hope somebody will settle the new threads for men and ice dance, it would be too much for me taking care of all four categories ;)

Dr Flutz

Match Penalty
BTW I hope somebody will settle the new threads for men and ice dance, it would be too much for me taking care of all four categories ;)

If you take care of the main/good one, that ought to be sufficient...

Personally, I'd like to see more nations represented at the highest level of ladies singles.

But then again...I'd rather watch the highest level of ladies singles rather than a weaker "parade of nations".

Should all the best skaters come from just a single nation, so be it.

Post Scriptum:
I am not Russian.
I support citius, altius, fortius.
Let be, what may be.

Resa

On the Ice
The "3A" shorthand needs to be abandoned now. Not only do some (or maybe all) of them not like it themselves, but w/ Trusova in Plushenko camp, and Zagitova "back" in Eteri camp, it's unclear whether third A is Trusova of original 3A which with Zagitova became 4A, or if 3A means A.K.+A.S.+A.Z. so better just drop it now for next season.

I remember everyone using 4A for Trusova, Tarakanova,Kostornaia,Shcherbakova in 2017. Tarakanova had such good chances!!

Dr Flutz

Match Penalty
I remember everyone using 4A for Trusova, Tarakanova,Kostornaia,Shcherbakova in 2017. Tarakanova had such good chances!!

I think the correct and polite thing is to drop the 3A forever, not only for the aforementioned reasons but also to avoid confusion of current vs previous usage of it.

In any case, these ladies are all individuals first, and TT second, despite the propaganda stating the opposite.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Can anyone explain why Samodurova and Konstantinova are not in the 'likely to get GP' list despite being in the top 25 world rankings? Samodurova is not on the main team anymore and Konstantinova is off the team completely, but aren't countries obliged to invite someone who's in the top 25? Or does Russian Federation have the last word? Sorry, I keep forgetting how this process works. :/

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Can anyone explain why Samodurova and Konstantinova are not in the 'likely to get GP' list despite being in the top 25 world rankings? Samodurova is not on the main team anymore and Konstantinova is off the team completely, but aren't countries obliged to invite someone who's in the top 25? Or does Russian Federation have the last word? Sorry, I keep forgetting how this process works. :/

It's top 24 WS and SB that are guaranteed a spot if their country submits them for consideration (which is how Gubanova and Tarusina got none, despite being on the SB list). Stanislava is 25th, so not guaranteed anything if she's submitted, and with so many skaters ahead of her, she's unlikely to get one.

Sofia's 10th in WS but off the SB list, so guaranteed 1 spot if submitted. I personally think she'll get at least 1 (with the other going to Vasilieva), if not 2 (and Vasilieva not getting any, though I prefer the first option).

Dr Flutz

Match Penalty
Or does Russian Federation have the last word? Sorry, I keep forgetting how this process works. :/

You got it. Federations can pick and choose as they wish but tend to follow somewhat loose guidelines of some sorts if there are a lot of legit contenders and not just overwhelmingly obvious choices.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
It's top 24 WS and SB that are guaranteed a spot if their country submits them for consideration (which is how Gubanova and Tarusina got none, despite being on the SB list). Stanislava is 25th, so not guaranteed anything if she's submitted, and with so many skaters ahead of her, she's unlikely to get one.

Sofia's 10th in WS but off the SB list, so guaranteed 1 spot if submitted. I personally think she'll get at least 1 (with the other going to Vasilieva), if not 2 (and Vasilieva not getting any, though I prefer the first option).

Okay, it's clear to me now. Thanks! I hope to see Sofia on the GP.

Dr Flutz

Match Penalty

Sofia is ranked fairly high in the seniors list but she, as an alternate, is actually by no means guaranteed any spots unless an injury or withdrawal (Zagitova, perhaps?) opens up a spot, and even then, fed has final say. I'm rooting for her, she has nice Southern Russian style and flair, if never ever not quite the TES that she needs in order to medal.

icestorm

Rinkside
Sofia is ranked fairly high in the seniors list but she, as an alternate, is actually by no means guaranteed any spots unless an injury or withdrawal (Zagitova, perhaps?) opens up a spot
Russia has 18 spots. If 16 of them go to 3A, Zagitova, Tuktamysheva, Medvedeva, Sinitsyna and Vasilieva, then who can fill in 2 remaining spots, if not Samodurova?

Resa

On the Ice
Russia has 18 spots. If 16 of them go to 3A, Zagitova, Tuktamysheva, Medvedeva, Sinitsyna and Vasilieva, then who can fill in 2 remaining spots, if not Samodurova?
Maybe one goes to Tarakanova? Lakernik once spoke about how FusFed recognises that she has a great talent. Maybe her programs this year will be good enough to justify giving her a spot?

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
The "3A" shorthand needs to be abandoned now. Not only do some (or maybe all) of them not like it themselves, but w/ Trusova in Plushenko camp, and Zagitova "back" in Eteri camp, it's unclear whether third A is Trusova of original 3A which with Zagitova became 4A, or if 3A means A.K.+A.S.+A.Z. so better just drop it now for next season.

When I see "3A" I always think triple axel.

macy

Record Breaker
regarding "3A" as others have said, most here use it as an abbreviation when talking about or referencing all 3 athletes instead of having to type each name out. i think the media has used it to group them together and talk about them in more of a team aspect rather than individual athletes, and i think that's what the girls and their families don't like.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

It's possible Gulyakova could get a host spot, since she did quite well at Nationals and then won the Cup Final. But, I agree that Samodurova will most likely get at least one spot - and I look forward to seeing her on the GP! I'm hoping she has a redemption season :pray: and delivers skates she is happy with :)

Ziotic

Medalist
How are people anticipating GP matchups this time around?

Will they keep Alina, Anna. and Aliona separate and match them up with Liza, Sasha and Evgenia or will they still keep Aliona, Anna and Sasha separate? Or will there just be a random mix up where even three of them end up in the same event?

Since there is no seeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.