2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

GINO

On the Ice
How are people anticipating GP matchups this time around?

Will they keep Alina, Anna. and Aliona separate and match them up with Liza, Sasha and Evgenia or will they still keep Aliona, Anna and Sasha separate? Or will there just be a random mix up where even three of them end up in the same event?

Since there is no seeding?

If Alina continues to skate, then the GP matchups is obvious. Eteri will not push her students against each other and also Sasha can’t meet with Anna and Alena according to results of this season. I think Trusova vs Zagitova, Kostornaya vs Tuktamysheva and Shcherbakova vs Medvedeva

Ziotic

Medalist
If Alina continues to skate, then the GP matchups is obvious. Eteri will not push her students against each other and also Sasha can’t meet with Anna and Alena according to results of this season. I think Trusova vs Zagitova, Kostornaya vs Tuktamysheva and Shcherbakova vs Medvedeva

There is no seeding since worlds didn’t happen. Sasha, Anna and Aliona can compete against one another.

GINO

On the Ice
There is no seeding since worlds didn’t happen. Sasha, Anna and Aliona can compete against one another.

Yes, we still need to wait for seeding rules from the ISU, but I’m sure that RusFed will not put two girls from 3A on the same stage(I mean that this is RusFed and you can wait for anything, but they are not so stupid and love gold)

SkateSkates

Medalist
We don’t know how the seeding will work out - depends on if they use SB, WS or season WS.

If SB, Aliona, Anna and Sasha can’t meet
If WS, Anna can meet both Aliona and Sasha, but Aliona and Sasha can’t meet each other
If season WR, Aliona and Anna can’t meet but Sasha can meet both of them.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Yes, we still need to wait for seeding rules from the ISU, but I’m sure that RusFed will not put two girls from 3A on the same stage(I mean that this is RusFed and you can wait for anything, but they are not so stupid and love gold)

They can use either the season best or the world standing for that. The season best may be a more reasonable choice, with Kostornaia-Trusova-Shcherbakova and Kihira-Medvedeva-You as seeds, but this should place four russians where normally we have three, at max.

Mixing the 4CC and Euros podiums may not be an option, without a rank.

As for the world standing, well... placing Sakamoto as seed after the last season just don't seems logic.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
YES! I would even be glad to see all three of them together once. Let be. :devil:

SkateSkates

Medalist
I hope they use Season Best to create the seeding for the GP. It’s the best indicator of the current level of the competitors - world standings taking into account past seasons skews it too much back in time, and season world ranking unfairly disadvantages skaters who didn’t do multiple challengers or skipped other events.

I wonder what will happen if GP events start to get cancelled - will skaters assigned to those events be allowed to be added to an expanded field in another event? It would be so unfair if, for example, Skate Canada and IDF end up being cancelled and a skater was assigned to both events. Would they then have to miss the entire series? Meanwhile, someone assigned to Rostelecom and NHK wouldn’t be affected? Doesn’t seem fair. This is all hypothetical of course, but is something the ISU needs to think about when they meet and distribute the assignments.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
regarding "3A" as others have said, most here use it as an abbreviation when talking about or referencing all 3 athletes instead of having to type each name out. i think the media has used it to group them together and talk about them in more of a team aspect rather than individual athletes, and i think that's what the girls and their families don't like.

Mr. Scherbakov specifically referenced fans who use "3A" online as what Anna did not like.

"Anna doesn't like the TSCK nor 3A nor any other shortcuts. I bet nor the other girls. They spend so much time and effort to be liked. As a nice gesture the fans could spend a second of their time and type their name. Of course the shortcuts are comfortable online, but don't expect the girls to like it."

https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ick-around-interview-with-the-parents.107250/

Now of course fans can do what they are going to do, and nicknames will always persist. :) But the girls are individuals, not interchangeable members of a "team", I can understand why they would want to be referred to as individuals. I always use first names so I don't need to type so much, so I am lazy that way :biggrin:

Last edited:

Dr Flutz

Match Penalty
I hope they use Season Best to create the seeding for the GP. It’s the best indicator of the current level of the competitors - world standings taking into account past seasons skews it too much back in time, and season world ranking unfairly disadvantages skaters who didn’t do multiple challengers or skipped other events.

I wonder what will happen if GP events start to get cancelled - will skaters assigned to those events be allowed to be added to an expanded field in another event? It would be so unfair if, for example, Skate Canada and IDF end up being cancelled and a skater was assigned to both events. Would they then have to miss the entire series? Meanwhile, someone assigned to Rostelecom and NHK wouldn’t be affected? Doesn’t seem fair. This is all hypothetical of course, but is something the ISU needs to think about when they meet and distribute the assignments.

I would expect some events to be cancelled and the upcoming season to have a lot of troubles. Thus, nobody is guaranteed any spots and how the Feds will assign skaters to any events that do actually end up happening is likely to be a very flexible operation compared to previous seasons, including the cancelled Montreal event and how that affects assignments. Fed finances, event finances are not in a good state this year.

I always use first names so I don't need to type so much, so I am lazy that way :biggrin:

I am the opposite. For some reason I get a kick out of writing Shch. I was proud of myself when I learned how to spell (Armin) Mahbanoozadeh.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
A few more minor tweaks to the OP: Anna Tarusina and Alena Kanysheva both retired last season, and Ludmilla Alferova is the Zhilina sister's mother. :)

Which Russian ladies do you presume will make GPF and JGPF assuming it happens?

I'm torn between thinking that the Trusova, Shcherbakova, and Kostornaia may not be as dominant this season and thinking they will be more dominant than ever, especially seeing how scoring was at Europeans. I'm going to say all three of them will make GPF, along with either Medvedeva or Tuktamysheva, and Sinitsyna might make it to the top 10 as well.

For JGPF the field is so deep, I'll put a wild prediction out there that at least 4 o the 6 will be Russian. I'll go with Valieva, Usacheva, Petrosyan, Samodelkina, and eithe Khromykh or Muravyova

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Oh and also since there was a quad/triple axel section on last year's OP this is what I have, feel free to add if I missed anyone:

QUAD SQUAD:
Aleksandra Trusova, 4T, 4Lz, 4F, 4S(?)
Anna Shcherbakova 4F, 4Lz
Kamila Valieva 4T
Maya Khromykh 4S
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 4T
Elizaveta Berestovskaia 4T
Alina Gorbacheva 4S
Sofia Akatieva 4T
Veronika Zhilina 4S, 4T

Triple axel squad:
Alena Kostornaia
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Aleksandra Trusova
Anastasia Guliakova
Veronika Zhilina
Sofia Samodurova (?)
Sofia Akatieva
Sofia Samodelkina
Sofia Titova

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I am the opposite. For some reason I get a kick out of writing Shch. I was proud of myself when I learned how to spell (Armin) Mahbanoozadeh.

:agree: I was proud of myself when I finally learned how to pronounce Armin's last name.

Skuratov

On the Ice
F-i-n-a-l-l-y! 2020-2021 Russian Ladies thread. If ISU canceled World Championships 2020 on April 16, released their World Standings and their 2020-2021 preliminar Schedule on April 20, why continuing posting on the 2019-2020 thread?

Thank you so much Flanker.

GP assignments are given according to the current ISU World standing http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsladies.htm following some basic rules.
The first 3 seeds can choose their two assignments, ISU will decide whether to accept them or not.
Kihira is first, Tennel is second, Anya is third. They can only meet once in a stage of the GP.
Sasha is fourth, Kostornaia is sixth, and Alina is eighth.

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Oh and also since there was a quad/triple axel section on last year's OP this is what I have, feel free to add if I missed anyone:

QUAD SQUAD:
Aleksandra Trusova, 4T, 4Lz, 4F, 4S(?)
Anna Shcherbakova 4F, 4Lz
Kamila Valieva 4T
Maya Khromykh 4S
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 4T
Elizaveta Berestovskaia 4T
Alina Gorbacheva 4S
Sofia Akatieva 4T
Veronika Zhilina 4S, 4T

Triple axel squad:
Alena Kostornaia