2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Gorbacheva has a quad? Any video?

Is she old enough for the JGP?

She will be old enough for JGP 2021-22. I don't believe there is a video of her landing it, CSKA isn't super active showing their new jumps on social media but she went for it at novice nationals, probably meaning she has landed it in practice. She also mentioned a trixel like another dozen or so of Russian juniors.

Here is her attempt from novice nationals, downgraded and fallen so idk if I should inlcude her (maybe if I include her I should include Liza's 4S as well) but around 1:06 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz9njQZE6xI

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
She will be old enough for JGP 2021-22. I don't believe there is a video of her landing it, CSKA isn't super active showing their new jumps on social media but she went for it at novice nationals, probably meaning she has landed it in practice. She also mentioned a trixel like another dozen or so of Russian juniors.

Here is her attempt from novice nationals, downgraded and fallen so idk if I should inlcude her (maybe if I include her I should include Liza's 4S as well) but around 1:06 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz9njQZE6xI

Ahhh too bad she won't be eligible this year. I was really impressed with her at Jr. Nationals. I think a video of the skater landing the quad cleanly in practice counts as them doing it for the purposes of the list but you could mark it as landed in practice only. I also like that you included skaters with attempts in competition so we know who is getting close; you could mark them as attempts with the result (so for Gorbacheva <<fall). I've been a bit behind lately so I really appreciate the list!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Ahhh too bad she won't be eligible this year. I was really impressed with her at Jr. Nationals. I think a video of the skater landing the quad cleanly in practice counts as them doing it for the purposes of the list but you could mark it as landed in practice only. I also like that you included skaters with attempts in competition so we know who is getting close; you could mark them as attempts with the result (so for Gorbacheva <<fall). I've been a bit behind lately so I really appreciate the list!

She is less than a month youger than required for JGP. Similarly to Sofia Akatieva, who is just one week younger.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Eteri Tutberidze

As for Muravyova, so far Davydov is officially stated as her coach (and before she skated in Sambo with Tchaikovskaya), but she was in some kind of transition (she was all alone in the K&C during junior nationals) so I'm not sure what her statrus really is.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
BTW, if you post some important info that you think it should be put in the first comment and I wouldn't react for a long time, feel free to PM me about it.

Azikin

Medalist
Similarly to Sofia Akatieva, who is just one week younger.
I was hoping she could get an exception if JGP starts later this season, because frankly it's ridiculous she's still not eligible. ;) But who knows what will be... :scratch2:

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
As for Muravyova, so far Davydov is officially stated as her coach (and before she skated in Sambo with Tchaikovskaya), but she was in some kind of transition (she was all alone in the K&C during junior nationals) so I'm not sure what her statrus really is.

Sofya left Davydov in Feb; was on trial in Khrustal'nyi till Apr; the switch will be officially confirmed by RusFed slowpokes in June, together with all transfers.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
F-i-n-a-l-l-y! 2020-2021 Russian Ladies thread. If ISU canceled World Championships 2020 on April 16, released their World Standings and their 2020-2021 preliminar Schedule on April 20, why continuing posting on the 2019-2020 thread?

Thank you so much Flanker.

GP assignments are given according to the current ISU World standing http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsladies.htm following some basic rules.
The first 3 seeds can choose their two assignments, ISU will decide whether to accept them or not.
Kihira is first, Tennel is second, Anya is third. They can only meet once in a stage of the GP.
Sasha is fourth, Kostornaia is sixth, and Alina is eighth.

When was it announced that GP seedings would use the WS? :think:

Resa

On the Ice
So, since coaches older than 65 are not allowed to personally participate in trainings of the athletes by the Federation, does this mean that Mishin won't go to Kislovodsk with Liza et. al.?

VenusHalley

Final Flight
Mr. Scherbakov specifically referenced fans who use "3A" online as what Anna did not like.

"Anna doesn't like the TSCK nor 3A nor any other shortcuts. I bet nor the other girls. They spend so much time and effort to be liked. As a nice gesture the fans could spend a second of their time and type their name. Of course the shortcuts are comfortable online, but don't expect the girls to like it."

https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ick-around-interview-with-the-parents.107250/

Now of course fans can do what they are going to do, and nicknames will always persist. :) But the girls are individuals, not interchangeable members of a "team", I can understand why they would want to be referred to as individuals. I always use first names so I don't need to type so much, so I am lazy that way :biggrin:

Kinda funny about the taking time to type thing. I seen people typing lenghty superlatives starting with an A and a hashtag and i always thought "so you took time to write all that but you dont bother with their actual names?"

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Quick question, where are the Snow Leopards and CSKA people going to drain? Is the training only for national team members for now? If so they should name the junior and novice national teams so Davydov can take Samodelkina and Panova can take Sinitsyna somewhere to train

And the JGP looks unlikely to happen so it's not as important for Samodelkina as it will be for Sinitsyna who will probably have two senior GP spots.

Resa

On the Ice
Isn't it interesting that in gymnastics, the "no one over 65" rule greatly affects every single discipline, but in Ladies Figure skating, it only really affects team Mishin? Or do I forget someone major?

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Isn't it interesting that in gymnastics, the "no one over 65" rule greatly affects every single discipline, but in Ladies Figure skating, it only really affects team Mishin? Or do I forget someone major?

What exactly do you mean every single discipline? Do you mean MAG, WAG, T&T, RG, Acro, Tumbling, all of that?

I remember when Andrei Rodionenko, one of the main coaches of the Russian AG team at age 77, originally tested positive for the virus but it turned out to be a false alarm thankfully. So does this mean Mishin, Moskvina, and Tarasova will all not be able to coach their students in person?

Resa

On the Ice
What exactly do you mean every single discipline? Do you mean MAG, WAG, T&T, RG, Acro, Tumbling, all of that?

I remember when Andrei Rodionenko, one of the main coaches of the Russian AG team at age 77, originally tested positive for the virus but it turned out to be a false alarm thankfully. So does this mean Mishin, Moskvina, and Tarasova will all not be able to coach their students in person?

Yes, I meant that by discipline. Irina Viner and head coach of synch. swimming are also over 65.

About Mishin, I wonder too. Is he already in Kislovodsk?

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
Kinda funny about the taking time to type thing. I seen people typing lenghty superlatives starting with an A and a hashtag and i always thought "so you took time to write all that but you dont bother with their actual names?"

I’m glad the girls themselves are finally speaking out about not liking the nicknames. Its disrespectful towards the skaters to not see them as individuals but only part of Team Eteri. Skating is about the skaters, not the coach or team.

I’m glad the girls themselves are finally speaking out about not liking the nicknames. Its disrespectful towards the skaters to not see them as individuals but only part of Team Eteri. Skating is about the skaters, not the coach or team.

I think there is a reason, though. If just one unique super athlete comes along and can outperform everyone else, well, that happens in sport. But if three come up together and elevate the whole sport to a new technical plane all out of the blue, that invites a different kind of question.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think there is a reason, though. If just one unique super athlete comes along and can outperform everyone else, well, that happens in sport. But if three come up together and elevate the whole sport to a new technical plane all out of the blue, that invites a different kind of question.

Maybe, but I also think it is a "team approach" that I simply do not understand in skating. After all, Alysa Liu's name starts with an "A". Is she included?

These girls are individuals. They want to win as individuals. Anna wants to beat Sasha and Alina, Alina wants to beat Anna and Sasha, and Sasha wants to beat Anna and Alina. That is why they are skating, not for the glory of some "team". (of course the Olys promote nationalism, but that is different). Of course they skate for Russia and are proud to skate for Russia, but figure skating is not a team sport. Not even for these accomplished ladies.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Maybe, but I also think it is a "team approach" that I simply do not understand in skating. After all, Alysa Liu's name starts with an "A". Is she included?

These girls are individuals. They want to win as individuals. Anna wants to beat Sasha and Alina, Alina wants to beat Anna and Sasha, and Sasha wants to beat Anna and Alina. That is why they are skating, not for the glory of some "team". (of course the Olys promote nationalism, but that is different). Of course they skate for Russia and are proud to skate for Russia, but figure skating is not a team sport. Not even for these accomplished ladies.

Now you are mixing two different things. How the skaters are called or how they wish to be called, and the coaching. Every sport's part is coaching, and pretty important one. Sometimes it really liooks like some people here are living in a different world. In many sports, esp. the popular ones, the coach is a big part of a discussion. When a coach of e.g. football national team is selected (or released and replaced), it is a big topic. And if you object that "but it is a team sport", I say it makes no difference. After all, in tennis the question of a coach is also often raised.

In skating of course the athletes choose their coaches due to some conclusion. Of course nobody ias forced to discuss coaches but nobody should tell the others what "the sport is or is not about" just because they don't like what the others like or talk about.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now you are mixing two different things. How the skaters are called or how they wish to be called, and the coaching. Every sport's part is coaching, and pretty important one. Sometimes it really liooks like some people here are living in a different world. In many sports, esp. the popular ones, the coach is a big part of a discussion. When a coach of e.g. football national team is selected (or released and replaced), it is a big topic. And if you object that "but it is a team sport", I say it makes no difference. After all, in tennis the question of a coach is also often raised.

In skating of course the athletes choose their coaches due to some conclusion. Of course nobody ias forced to discuss coaches but nobody should tell the others what "the sport is or is not about" just because they don't like what the others like or talk about.

You are right that I conflated using "3A" with being part of Eteri's team, and that could be incorrect (particularly now that it is no longer true). These are three individual skaters, and they skate their very best to win gold for themselves, and for their country. They should be referred to as the individuals they are, and evidently that is what they prefer.

I'm not understanding part of this, however. Have I ever said that someone should or should not talk about coaches? Of course we will talk about coaches and whether we think they are good or bad. :scratch: But I stand by what I said that for me, skating is an individual sport. My favorite coach is whoever coaches my favorite skater:biggrin: And skaters, with the exception of rare team competition circumstances, are skating for individual gold. I will never be able to wrap my mind around anything else:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.