2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 93 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruga

Final Flight
Quite a good choice! Considering that Aliona got to choose Twilight, I wonder if she also chose this one herself too.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
finally! Although I also hoped it would be something lyrical

The first part of the program is lovely by ItsAMoney and it is a violin cover of the song so you get a little classical at the beginning of the program :)
---
Also just listened to lovely by galpe. It seems like the Step Sequence is at the end of the program since the cover by galpe is the one shown in the video :)

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Also just listened to lovely by galpe. It seems like the Step Sequence is at the end of the program since the cover by galpe is the one shown in the video :)

Yes that seems to be the case! I think thats good because imo her step sequence for Twilight was a little bit underwhelming. Not badly done or anyting, just not as amazing and dramatic as it could be, but I think this music better suits a more dramatic/emotional step sequence. And what's shown in the video looks good!

sparklestan

On the Ice
WOW. I literally did not expect that. I don‘t know what to think at all, honestly, I don‘t love the music. But this sounds modern and somewhat unusual and the step sequence looks promising, so I’m definitely intrigued. Also, Twilight was trashy and downright bad and Aliona still sold it so much that it‘s now one of my most re-watched programs. So... who knows. :biggrin:
Alena does have a habit of making bad music fabulous to watch on the ice :biggrin:
I remember her saying that she preferred skating to modern music so I’d bet she had a say in this. I think she will sell it a lot and that will lead to some memorable performances!!
I’m excited!!!

Fluture

Record Breaker
https://sport24.ru/news/other/2020-...shchenko-rudkovskaya-trusova-vozrastnoy-tsenz

There‘s also an interview with Elizaveta Nugumanova. You can run it through google translate, it works fairly well.

A lot of it is about social media but some of the main skating points I got:

- It‘s her dream to get a GP event one day, that‘s why she‘ll be working hard next season and try to do well at the Challengers

- she was trying the quad sal before the quarantine but then got ill/injured and had to stop. But she thinks she has a chance at landing it

- her SP music is already chosen but they‘ll have to try it on the ice

- Sasha Trusova has the best quads in ladies and she really respects her

- She thinks the age limit should be raised to 17 as the body is fundamentally different then. There was a point when she thought she‘d always jump as easily as she did when she was a kid but it all got harder.

-she likes the idea of artistic and technical programs and thinks/hopes they‘ll be implemented after the Olympics

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Poor Nugumanova. I’m sure she’s been working hard over these years. I too will be happy for her if she gets a chance at a GP someday. I still remember one of her performances at nationals some year; she performed well, and at the ending pose she looked pleased and happy. But in the K&C her tech score wasn’t high at all and when she saw, her face crumpled. She looked devastated.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCeMxeaIxs5/

Alyona's free program music announcement!!!

Look's like three different version's of Billie Eilish and Khalid's 'Lovely', starting with an instrumental version, going on to the original, and then going on to a sort of remix version? The last part is whats in the video I think?

Not what I would've expected for her, but the step sequence looks promising?

Interesting, unexpected and promising I have to admit. I hope she can interpret this genre well, it might be a great program for her.

Ophelia

Record Breaker

Look's like three different version's of Billie Eilish and Khalid's 'Lovely', starting with an instrumental version, going on to the original, and then going on to a sort of remix version? The last part is whats in the video I think?

J'adore it. Billie Eilish is the Lana Del Rey for Gen Z.

Kostornaia seems to prefer more contemporary music selections.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I don't care much about music choices. It's all about how you sell it anyway. And I think Alëna can sell anything...so.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
https://sport24.ru/news/other/2020-...shchenko-rudkovskaya-trusova-vozrastnoy-tsenz

There‘s also an interview with Elizaveta Nugumanova. You can run it through google translate, it works fairly well.

- It‘s her dream to get a GP event one day, that‘s why she‘ll be working hard next season and try to do well at the Challengers

- she was trying the quad sal before the quarantine but then got ill/injured and had to stop. But she thinks she has a chance at landing it

- She thinks the age limit should be raised to 17 as the body is fundamentally different then. There was a point when she thought she‘d always jump as easily as she did when she was a kid but it all got harder.

-she likes the idea of artistic and technical programs and thinks/hopes they‘ll be implemented after the Olympics

Great stuff! I also wish Nugumanova will get a GP someday. She really really deserves it.

Shayuki

Record Breaker

Not what I would've expected for her, but the step sequence looks promising?
Not a fan, but at least it's different. Not a whole lot of music to skate to at all, so I guess the idea's to just have a separate performance and have the music sort of as background music not really having a whole lot to do with the program.

I wish "modern" wasn't just some synthetic music, though. How about death metal figure skating, now that'd be modern and fresh.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Not a fan, but at least it's different. Not a whole lot of music to skate to at all, so I guess the idea's to just have a separate performance and have the music sort of as background music not really having a whole lot to do with the program.

I wish "modern" wasn't just some synthetic music, though. How about death metal figure skating, now that'd be modern and fresh.

Death metal modern and fresh???:scratch2::noshake:

I guess I do care about the music after all...

Amei

Record Breaker
Death metal modern and fresh???:scratch2::noshake:

I guess I do care about the music after all...

Yeah, when they announced that skaters would be able to use music with lyrics and thus more "popular" music I thought it was a good thing and might help bring in more fans, could help skaters connect more to their programs, but now a few seasons in with some of the choices, I really hate a lot of the music that's been selected. I'm hoping that its no lyrics, I get that Eilish is a popular "singer", I detest her mumbling style of music, its awful.

Amei

Record Breaker

How coincidental that's the age she picked, what age is she....oh yeah she's 17.

colormyworld240

Medalist
I love the music choice for Alena's FS and the steps look cool! I know many of her fans want her to have lyrical pieces, but I believe Alena has said in an interview that she prefers different music, and energetic faster music. I'm not a big fan of hers but I do think it's important skaters should chose what they enjoy. After all, isn't a big criticism of Eteri's that her girls don't get to chose their own music? That would be the case if they just gave Alena something lyrical.

Plus we have to realize that these are teenage girls; how many teenagers do you know prefers classical/lyrical to pop? I'm sure some do, but not too many and from Alena's interviews it doesn't look like she's one of them.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Little Liza may have the best smile in figure skating and she's a social media Queen. But I find it peculiar that at 17 years of age she thinks the age limit in figure skating should be raised to 17. Hmmm. But I bet she didn't think that when she was 14. ;)

While Liza has underachieved in her career she has generally been underscored without question. That happens a lot to the girls from St Petersburg.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I think choices like Kostornaia's are the best way to get more public interested in FS, especially the young generation. Skaters tend to choose contemporary music for galas, but competitive programs are better for showcasing how FS goes with the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.