2020-21 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Pairs' figure skating

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
There were times when ladies who didn't jump well went to pairs. Now the competition in russian ladies is so intensive, that even skaters with good jumping technique (that could be team leaders in many countries) choose pairs where their chances are higher. Though, during the last years we can see that competition in russian pairs is starting to be very intensive as well. Russian ladies and pairs could easily supply two or three other countries with top skaters.

It seems to me strategically she should be teamed with someone like a Radford who can do some big single jumps - they need to take advantage of her strengths - and while she may be seen as a weak jumper compared to some Russian ladies - wouldnt it be aeesome if she and her partner could do triple axels or quad toes. I would settle for a triple lutz and a triple toe triple toe double toe combo. Russia right now has a lot of very good paris teams but not superb or excellent. They kind of are in that era after 1994 before 1998. No speacial team though they wonn 2 out of 3 world championships lol Most countries would be thrilled with such resutls.

hanca

Record Breaker
It seems that there are these new pairs created this off season:

Karina Akopova/ Nikita Rahmanin (Akopova used to skate with Shagalov. Will be seniors because Rakhmanin aged out.)
Valeria Ponosova/ Dmitri Yalin (she has experience with pairs, skated it last season, but did not have very good results with her previous partner. Will be seniors because Yalin aged out.)
Dasha Boyarintseva/ Maksim Shagalov (Are both junior eligible, but Shagalov have been skating only in seniors the past year. There is less competition doing seniors B than fighting it with all those talented junior Russian pairs.)
Victoria Vasilieva/Nikita Volodin (She is new to pairs. Will be seniors because Volodin aged out.)
Polina Kostiukovich/Alexei Briukhanov (He was skating with Vyslobokova last season. They are still eligible for juniors.)
Veronika Varentsova/ Dmitri Bushlanov (She skated last season with Elisei Ivanov. Will be seniors because Bushlanov aged out.)
Stanislava Vislobokova/Elisei Ivanov - will be seniors because Ivanov aged out.

Someone also said that Alisa Efimova could skate with Semenenko, but I don't think it was meant that they are actually created.

Just to clarify, this is from discussions at Russian forum, so I can't guarantee that it is correct.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
It seems that there are these new pairs created this off season:

Karina Akopova/ Nikita Rahmanin (Akopova used to skate with Shagalov. Will be seniors because Rakhmanin aged out.)
Valeria Ponosova/ Dmitri Yalin (she has experience with pairs, skated it last season, but did not have very good results with her previous partner. Will be seniors because Yalin aged out.)
Dasha Boyarintseva/ Maksim Shagalov (Are both junior eligible, but Shagalov have been skating only in seniors the past year. There is less competition doing seniors B than fighting it with all those talented junior Russian pairs.)
Victoria Vasilieva/Nikita Volodin (She is new to pairs. Will be seniors because Volodin aged out.)
Polina Kostiukovich/Alexei Briukhanov (He was skating with Vyslobokova last season. They are still eligible for juniors.)
Veronika Varentsova/ Dmitri Bushlanov (She skated last season with Elisei Ivanov. Will be seniors because Bushlanov aged out.)
Stanislava Vislobokova/Elisei Ivanov - will be seniors because Ivanov aged out.

Someone also said that Alisa Efimova could skate with Semenenko, but I don't think it was meant that they are actually created.

Just to clarify, this is from discussions at Russian forum, so I can't guarantee that it is correct.

OK, I'll put it on the first page as not confirmed yet.

hanca

Record Breaker
OK, I'll put it on the first page as not confirmed yet.

Akopova/Rakhmanin have been confirmed. It looks that Klimov is coaching them.

Elisei Ivanov won’t be skating with Vislobokova, he will be skating with Alina Solovieva. Vislobokova is looking for a partner.

Kudriavtseva/Spiridonov (Russian senior pair) split up. He will be skating with Maria Pavlova. Kudriavtseva is looking for a partner.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Akopova/Rakhmanin have been confirmed. It looks that Klimov is coaching them.

Elisei Ivanov won’t be skating with Vislobokova, he will be skating with Alina Solovieva. Vislobokova is looking for a partner.

Kudriavtseva/Spiridonov (Russian senior pair) split up. He will be skating with Maria Pavlova. Kudriavtseva is looking for a partner.

Added.

lost3iron

More Rock & Roll please!
On the Ice
Sorry if I missed it somewhere but do we have any news about Dmitrii Ialin? Has he found a partner?

Edit: Sorry I've found the previous post about Dmitry

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Sorry if I missed it somewhere but do we have any news about Dmitrii Ialin? Has he found a partner?

Edit: Sorry I've found the previous post about Dmitry

It was mentioned here he paired with Valeria Ponosova, still unconfirmed.

hanca

Record Breaker
Russianforum says that Simenenko was skating with Efimova but it didn’t work out (apparently they kicked him out of the skating group, but don’t say more details about this.)

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Does that mean Bestemyanova/Bobrin are doing the FS for B/K?

I really hope so because, in my personal opinion, every program they've done for them so far has been a home run

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Does that mean Bestemyanova/Bobrin are doing the FS for B/K?

I really hope so because, in my personal opinion, every program they've done for them so far has been a home run
seems so.

btw I always dreamed of 'My Sweet and Tender Beast' for BK. :love:

Pairs broadcast of juniors test skates are on Aug 14 & 15

Links

SP (15-00 MSK)
https://www.1tv.ru/sport/predsezonn...i-yuniorov-2020-21/raspisanie?date=2020-08-14

LP (14-00 MSK)
https://www.1tv.ru/sport/predsezonn...i-yuniorov-2020-21/raspisanie?date=2020-08-15

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
You can watch later, there is no scoring and competition. ;) My best regards to Prague.

Thank you and best regards to you :agree:

I'll watch in saturday evening :)

BTW I hope we will see Mukhametzianova/Mironov, I haven't seen them on the list of participants.