2020-21 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Pairs' figure skating

siela

On the Ice
Moscow FS federation has published a document about club switches today which deals with two people. It confirms Viktoria Vasilieva's switch from SCKA and it mentions another switch - Anastasia Kostyuk to 'Vorobiyovy Gory' school. So apparently Nastya is in pairs now as well - here is a short video of her with her new partner Andrei Rud: https://twitter.com/SashaWitchProj/status/1291121770276302848
I am glad she is not done yet. I liked her quite a lot. Hope to see this pair at some competition soon.

hanca

Record Breaker

The interview doesn’t say anything new. He continues skating, but did not want to confirm who the new partner is yet (if it is Ponosova as people on Russian forum think). :( Why would anyone bother to give interview if they don’t have anything to say?

- - - Updated - - -

Moscow FS federation has published a document about club switches today which deals with two people. It confirms Viktoria Vasilieva's switch from SCKA and it mentions another switch - Anastasia Kostyuk to 'Vorobiyovy Gory' school. So apparently Nastya is in pairs now as well - here is a short video of her with her new partner Andrei Rud: https://twitter.com/SashaWitchProj/status/1291121770276302848
I am glad she is not done yet. I liked her quite a lot. Hope to see this pair at some competition soon.

The more pairs the better! But isn’t the guy a bit short for her?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
The interview doesn’t say anything new. He continues skating, but did not want to confirm who the new partner is yet (if it is Ponosova as people on Russian forum think). :( Why would anyone bother to give interview if they don’t have anything to say?

- - - Updated - - -

The more pairs the better! But isn’t the guy a bit short for her?

If you take e.g. James/Cipres as a comparison, Vanessa didn't look that small beside Morgan (20 cm what it is in pair skating :) ).

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia

It was an interview to a mainstream newspaper from his home town. They are interested in their fellowregionman and asked him what was new in his career. And he was rather diplomatic because he was not sure about if his partnership would work out or be dissolved by the coaching team.

I remember an interview of Ekaterina Borisova, to her home town media as well, a few years ago when she was having a tryout with Andrei Deputat and didn't say a potential partner's name either, just described him as a skater with international pairs' skating experience. Finally it was worth because their team was not approved by the coaches.

siela

On the Ice
Interview with coaches of junior pairs that participated in the test skates - https://fsrussia.ru/news/5066-kontrol-nye-prokaty-yuniory-parnoe-katanie.html
Some interesting information about new pairings:
Velikov confirmed the following pairs: Kostyukovich Bryukhanov, Ponosova Yalin, Vislobokova Shaderkov, Glukhareva Marinskiy, Solovyova Ivanov. He said, though, that he was not sure Vislobokova Shaderkov will last.
Minchuk confirmed Tumanova Kunitsa and Storublevtseva Gritsaenko
Slyusarenko was not very particular. He just said the total number of pairs in the group was 12. And Safina Bakhmat is probably one of the new teams.

Cannot wait to see them all at competitions :luv17:

hanca

Record Breaker
Interview with coaches of junior pairs that participated in the test skates - https://fsrussia.ru/news/5066-kontrol-nye-prokaty-yuniory-parnoe-katanie.html
Velikov confirmed the following pairs: Kostyukovich Bryukhanov, Ponosova Yalin, Vislobokova Shaderkov, Glukhareva Marinskiy, Solovyova Ivanov. He said, though, that he was not sure Vislobokova Shaderkov will last.
Slyusarenko was not very particular. He just said the total number of pairs in the group was 12. And Safina Bakhmat is probably one of the new teams.

Wow, it looks that the majority of the gossip from the Russian forum had been spot on! Skating world is so small, one can’t hide a new partner.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker

Wow, this a big number of them :yahoo:

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
I wondered if Artem Butaev somehow related to Alina Butaeva of Georgia. And now the interview confirmed they are siblings.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I was hopping for a new one ... but I think is smart and probably they won't be the only ones to do that ... Why risk in FS that probably won't be ready if they have only one shot to get to the final in the GP'

I would like that T/M did the same ..

I think its a smart move considering the amount of training time they already lost. Reusing a program they already know and are comfortable with will give them the chance to keep working on improving/perfecting their skating skills instead of wasting time rushing to learn a new program.

I am going to assume M/G will get a new program though. At least B/K's FS was crafted by Moskvina and co. so keeping it wouldn't be an issue as their team hasn't changed. I would think M/G's new coaching team wants something new that reflects the new goals they have.

chooey

On the Ice
Country
Indonesia
Russian Cup Assignment:

Syzran (September, 18-22):
Tarasova/Morozov, Panfilova/Rylov

Moscow (October, 10-13):
Tarasova/Morozov, Pavluchenko/Khodykin, Mishina/Gallyamov, Pepeleva/Pleshkov

Sochi (October, 23-27):
Boikova/Kozlovskii, Pavluchenko/Khodykin, Pepeleva/Pleshkov

Kazan (November, 8-12)
Mishina/Gallyamov

Moscow (December, 5-8)
Boikova/Kozlovskii, Panfilova/Rylov

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CEKM6BIJsrT/?igshid=ucvzsh5j51fj

starla16

Medalist
Galliamov / Mishina moved to Moskvina ? wow
this could be interesting they can certainly challenge Tamara's current pupils the much hyped and unproven Boikova / Kozlovskii.

Mishina / Galliamov only lacked the speed and skating skills while they blow B/K out of the water in everything else
power, technicality and consistency.

My prediction this seaon

1 Mishina / Galliamov
2 Boikova / Kozlovskii
3 Pavlyuhcneko / Khodykin
4 Tarasova / Morozov (they had their chance last season and they are not getting younger, shes 26 I think Morzov is now 30 ? they are like Tuktamysheva who are from the bygone era, although props to Tuk who is 27 years old and still sticking to skating despite her age)