AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
2020-2021 US Ladies’ Figure Skating

Big Questions:

1. Will there be a season?
2. Can the US ladies regain 3 spots for the Beijing 2022 Olympics?
3. Can Alysa Liu continue to excel at the junior level leading up to Beijing?
4. Will Gracie Gold make a splash on the world stage once again?
5. Can Ting Cui make a successful comeback after injury?
6. Will Bradie and Mariah remain as 2 top senior level ladies?

Main Contenders:
Bradie Tennell
Mariah Bell
Karen Chen
Gracie Gold
Ting Cui
Amber Glenn
Alysa Liu
Starr Andrews
Hanna Harrell

2020 Grand Prix Assignments: TBA

2020 ISU Challenger Series Assignments: TBA

2021 ISU Four Continents Championships Team: TBA

2021 ISU World Championships Team: TBA

2021 World Team Trophy Team: TBA

Notes From Last Season:
- Alysa Liu: 2019 JGPF Silver Medalist, 2020 US National Champion, 2020 World Junior Championships Bronze Medalist
- Bradie Tennell: 2019 GPF Qualifier (5th Place), 2020 US Nationals Bronze Medalist), 2020 4CC Bronze Medalist
- Mariah Bell: 2019 IDF Bronze Medalist, 2019 Cup of Russia Bronze Medalist, 2020 US Nationals Silver Medalist
- Karen Chen: 2020 US Nationals Pewter Medalist, 7th Place 2020 4CC
- Amber Glenn: 5th Place 2020 US Nationals, 9th Place 2020 4CC
- Gracie Gold: 12th Place 2020 US Nationals
- Starr Andrews: 6th Place 2020 US Nationals

dancelion21

On the Ice
Thanks for the new thread! I'm curious how GP assignments are going to work with seeding. It would also be interesting how many spots the US can get at next year's worlds. They could keep at the same spots gained after 2019 Worlds for 2021 Worlds, they could try to use world rankings or season's best to determine. There are just so many question marks.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
Thanks for the new thread! I'm curious how GP assignments are going to work with seeding. It would also be interesting how many spots the US can get at next year's worlds. They could keep at the same spots gained after 2019 Worlds for 2021 Worlds, they could try to use world rankings or season's best to determine. There are just so many question marks.

It'll be really interesting. With respect to the field, the U.S. ladies were particularly shafted by not having Worlds this year. Bradie and Mariah had a solid shot at getting 3 spots for Worlds with their performances this season. You also have to wonder how many of the ladies will be "ready" for a GP season. Some may be on the ice now, but some may not be.

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
I would love to see Gracie continue her comeback. I hope the time off the ice hasn’t hindered progress for her. I will always believe that had she skated a clean LP at her last Worlds she would’ve beaten Medvedeva. I believe she was the only skater in the world that could truly challenge Medvedeva at that time (when skating clean)

It’ll be interesting to see how Bradie and Bell progress as well. Both have beaten Zagitova (Bradie at GPF and Bell beat her solidly, but only in the LP....but that’s an amazing feat for Mariah). It might not be a big deal to some, but it’s the first time a US lady has come close to the Russia ladies in some time. I also feel these ladies would’ve had a great shot at getting back the 3 spots for the US.

And of course Alyssa. Huge potential. Already a star. It’ll be interesting to see how she grows with the sport and if she is able to keep her jumps and not let the pressure get to her. We know she’s going to be a huge contender in the next few years if she stays healthy.

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
What about Hanna Harrell? Probably not spelled correctly, sorry Hanna. I don’t see her on the list. I really like her skating. She is one that I believe will make a huge splash. Has she stopped skating?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
US really got shafted with no Worlds this year. The Ladies had a great chance at getting a 3rd spot and who knows what would have happened in Pairs even though they probably wouldn't have gotten a 3rd spot but they probably had the best chance in over a decade. Canada got a huge break because they were looking to lose two spots on their World team for the 2nd year in a row.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
What about Hanna Harrell? Probably not spelled correctly, sorry Hanna. I don’t see her on the list. I really like her skating. She is one that I believe will make a huge splash. Has she stopped skating?

She was injured last season and didn’t perform to the highest standard. She also missed US Nationals in 2020. Like Ting, I hope we see a comeback from her! I really enjoyed her jumps and spunk in the 2018-2019 season!

Happy Skates

Final Flight
If there really is no JGP/GP this year it will really be a shame for everyone, but especially imo for Ting and Alysa. Alysa because she is barely old enough for the Olympics and already has minimal international competition experience before Beijing, and the JGP is a nice place for her to practice competing against some tough contenders, and Ting because her long awaited senior GP debut would have to be pushed off again, to the Olympic season which isn't ideal. Both of them seem to be athletes that benefit from competing their routines a lot and imo seem to improve throughout the year. Also I just miss Ting and can't wait anymore to see her perform that gorgeous free program that she debuted last year. I honestly think that has the potential to be one of my favorite free programs ever.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
It's probably worth it to include Sierra Venetta as well. She had a strong showing at U.S. Nationals (7th with a 5th place finish in the FS) and at Challenge Cup (5th with a 3rd place finish in the SP). I know there are popular names like Gracie, but there are some rising stars with potential worth keeping an eye on also.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Great thread! Will follow Lindsay Thorngren's progress after winning Junior Nationals ..
Hope all ladies, junior and senior have the chance to shine in the new season.

macy

Record Breaker
US really got shafted with no Worlds this year. The Ladies had a great chance at getting a 3rd spot and who knows what would have happened in Pairs even though they probably wouldn't have gotten a 3rd spot but they probably had the best chance in over a decade. Canada got a huge break because they were looking to lose two spots on their World team for the 2nd year in a row.

they really did. both Mariah and Bradie were trending upwards (especially Mariah) and it was a huge opportunity lost to get 3 spots back. i really think they could have done it.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
I am very curious about how the US ladies will do. It's been upward season for them. Mariah seems to have found her thing, hopefully she gets more programs that suit her. Her SP to Britney Spears was so much fun... and she proved you can skate to Britney and still medal.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Have there been any recent reports of the ladies are training, if at all? Mariah built so much momentum at the end of the season and I worry as this break gets longer and longer.

macy

Record Breaker
Have there been any recent reports of the ladies are training, if at all? Mariah built so much momentum at the end of the season and I worry as this break gets longer and longer.

Amber Glenn is back on the ice in Texas. besides that, i haven't heard of any other ladies resuming training yet as i don't know if other states have opened up that much already.

sparklestan

On the Ice
According to TSL, Alysa, Gracie, and Ting were seen training in Delaware. Not sure how accurate that is.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
I feel especially sorry for Ting who didn't even have time to make a senior debut, and lost her GP spots due to injury. I hope she gets a spot. And I'd like to see Gracie keep skating. Also, Mariah vs Bradie will be exciting to watch. :popcorn: