2020-21 US Women's Figure Skating | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2020-21 US Women's Figure Skating

natsulian

Final Flight
Alysa recently deleted her Tik Tok, dozens of Instagram posts, and only posts about the Black Lives Matter movement, LGBTQ+ awareness, or on very special days like her birthday. I’m glad she’s not as active on social media because people online are ruthless and she doesn’t need that kind of negative attention. Wishing her the best!

On a much more positive note, the Cup of Colorado begins this Friday and includes Courtney, Karen, Sarah, Audrey, Pooja, and many others! There seems to be a livestream available as well so if you have the chance, check that out (I know we’ve all been deprived of skating)!

Per Sylvia:
https://twitter.com/SylviaUnseen/status/1293202517610954753?s=20

macy

Record Breaker
Alysa recently deleted her Tik Tok, dozens of Instagram posts, and only posts about the Black Lives Matter movement, LGBTQ+ awareness, or on very special days like her birthday. I’m glad she’s not as active on social media because people online are ruthless and she doesn’t need that kind of negative attention. Wishing her the best!

On a much more positive note, the Cup of Colorado begins this Friday and includes Courtney, Karen, Sarah, Audrey, Pooja, and many others! There seems to be a livestream available as well so if you have the chance, check that out (I know we’ve all been deprived of skating)!

Per Sylvia:
https://twitter.com/SylviaUnseen/status/1293202517610954753?s=20

everything on her instagram is gone through february...does she have someone controlling her social media? i really hope so...if she's getting THAT much negativity she should absolutely not be dealing with it herself. she is only 15...i feel horrible for her. and she's been dealing with this since what, her first national title at 13?

natsulian

Final Flight
everything on her instagram is gone through february...does she have someone controlling her social media? i really hope so...if she's getting THAT much negativity she should absolutely not be dealing with it herself. she is only 15...i feel horrible for her. and she's been dealing with this since what, her first national title at 13?

Sadly, she’s been dealing with it since she became the youngest person to land a 3A internationally. She’s a grounded and immensely insightful young lady so I’m hopeful that she’s dealing with this as best she can.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Isn't this sad. I know she'd probably not be in favor of this but, I wish she had a parent or trusted friend who could pre-read through the posts she receives and remove the posts they see as hurtful. Twitter and Tik Tok did not exist when I was teaching but, I remember crying dancers coming to class if we didn't win an event after going in as the favorite. I can tell you, this hurts coaches and parents. Such a sad situation.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I’d guess Alysa has separate anonymous social media now where she can use it without being harassed.

macy

Record Breaker
Isn't this sad. I know she'd probably not be in favor of this but, I wish she had a parent or trusted friend who could pre-read through the posts she receives and remove the posts they see as hurtful. Twitter and Tik Tok did not exist when I was teaching but, I remember crying dancers coming to class if we didn't win an event after going in as the favorite. I can tell you, this hurts coaches and parents. Such a sad situation.

i can't imagine she doesn't at this point. i hope she has her own private account for family and friends so she can still enjoy social media.

macy

Record Breaker
apparently Amber Glenn competed in a virtual competition and debuted her 3A? anyone know anything about this?

natsulian

Final Flight
apparently Amber Glenn competed in a virtual competition and debuted her 3A? anyone know anything about this?

From her Instagram, that’s all we know. It was her short program and she attempted a 3A, 3F+3T, and 3Lo layout. She seems very ecstatic about it so I’m sure it went well!

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Just a guess, but I think that Amber's protocol probably is from the July edition of the Colonial Cyber Series.

"Starting the week of Aug. 10th" was the scheduled time frame for critiques/results for the July edition.

The leaderboard for the series (which began with the June edition) can be seen at the link above.

For Senior Ladies SP, the only score on the leaderboard is for Amber. IIRC, it is her score from the June edition? In other words, I do not know whether or not the leaderboard has been updated with results from the July edition.

(For inquiring minds: I do not know whether any Colonial Cyber Series video has been made available to the public. I am not aware of any.)

For fans of Isabeau Levito, I finally am remembering to (belatedly) post (for posterity) the USFS "Proud Member 2020" fluff video.
She speaks at several points in the video, the first time at approx. 0:22.

(The young Isabeau already has been a member of USFS for ten years.)

macy

Record Breaker
not sure when her score was from, but it's a pretty good score of 70.24

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
The Hershey (PA) Open begins today! Among those competing is Violeta Ushakova! Remember her? There’s a whole professionally done interview with her and her mom (coach) on YouTube back when she was novice. I haven’t heard anything from her since and wondered if she was still competing, active on social media, etc.

Elana

On the Ice
The Hershey (PA) Open begins today! Among those competing is Violeta Ushakova! Remember her? There’s a whole professionally done interview with her and her mom (coach) on YouTube back when she was novice. I haven’t heard anything from her since and wondered if she was still competing, active on social media, etc.

I think she went to sectionals last year, just didn't make it to nats. She competed as senior last year too and has both a skating and personal instagram where she posts a decent amount.

Also it seems that Emilia Murdock is moving to Toronto. Not sure who she is training under or if she left MJM completely, but hopefully this move will allow her to improve and get that much needed 3+3!

natsulian

Final Flight
Hershey Open has a livestream on FaceBook and you can access it by visiting their website.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Hershey Open has a livestream on FaceBook and you can access it by visiting their website.

Has anyone here been to this rink? Is it on or near the grounds of Hershey Park? If so, it's an absolutely beautiful area. Even the street lights were made of Hershey's Kisses.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
FWIW, new "virtual" score for Amber Glenn:

70.65 is her SP score for July for Colonial Cyber Series, which now has updated its leaderboard.​

not sure when her score was from, but it's a pretty good score of 70.24

Nice to see that the updated leaderboard has separate columns :cool: for Jun and Jul, with 70.24 now in the Jun column for Amber's SP scores.​

BTW:

Jessica Lin's virtual Junior Ladies SP score is 58.25 for July, per Colonial Cyber Series leaderboard.

The series is scheduled to continue with August and September editions.​

Ohamyooo

Rinkside
Has anyone here been to this rink? Is it on or near the grounds of Hershey Park? If so, it's an absolutely beautiful area. Even the street lights were made of Hershey's Kisses.

Yep, it's right on the edge of Hershey Park. Folks waiting to get on the monorail were treated to a closeup view of my daughter and some of her friends warming up with their coach just outside of the arena :palmf::laugh:

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
So, it looks like both Bradie and Mariah are training triple axel. I want them both to land it so badly, to prove that a lady over 18 (heck, over 21!) and over 5’6” can land an ultra C element.