2020-21 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2020-21 South Korean Figure Skating

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Question about jump content for ladies: regarding you young at 2020 4CC: I understand that you’re allowed to do 8 triples in a long program. But are u allowed to do a 3lutz-3toe, a 3lutz-3salchow AND a 2A-3toe as your combinations? I didn’t know u could have a triple as the backend of a combination three times in a program.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Question about jump content for ladies: regarding you young at 2020 4CC: I understand that you’re allowed to do 8 triples in a long program. But are u allowed to do a 3lutz-3toe, a 3lutz-3salchow AND a 2A-3toe as your combinations? I didn’t know u could have a triple as the backend of a combination three times in a program.

There's no rule that states otherwise about the backend triples. It just has to be one 3-jump (3Lz-1Eu-3S) and two 2-jump (3Lz-3T, 2A-3T), as long as you're not violating the repeating triples rule. Young does two lutzes and two toeloops, and she also does a solo 3A which would replace one of her solo triples and thus allow it to be tacked onto a combination.

Similarly, all three combinations that Trusova does also have backend triples, and her having at least one quad is indirectly what makes this possible.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Seoyeon training a 4Lo
https://twitter.com/watchingkfigure/status/1279072691111096320?s=20
She really is going for that senior debut! 3A and Quad in the training.
Hope she stays healthy :) !

Seoyeon's not eligible this season, but she definitely is aiming for a spot at the Olympics (which she is eligible for). All the 05 trio are going for difficult elements it seems (Haein was spotted trying a 3A and a 4T, Seoyoung was jumping a 3A in harness, and now this)

Edit: I didn't find any footage of Seoyeon training a 3A, I'm assuming you're confusing her with my beloved Seoyoung (also transliterated as Seoyeong). It happens, their names are very similar.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Seoyeon's not eligible this season, but she definitely is aiming for a spot at the Olympics (which she is eligible for). All the 05 trio are going for difficult elements it seems (Haein was spotted trying a 3A and a 4T, Seoyoung was jumping a 3A in harness, and now this)

Edit: I didn't find any footage of Seoyeon training a 3A, I'm assuming you're confusing her with my beloved Seoyoung (also transliterated as Seoyeong). It happens, their names are very similar.

Sorry, I mixed them up (again probably):D
Yes, I meant Seoyeong with my senior debut and 3A comment. My bad *shakes head in shame*

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
There's no rule that states otherwise about the backend triples. It just has to be one 3-jump (3Lz-1Eu-3S) and two 2-jump (3Lz-3T, 2A-3T), as long as you're not violating the repeating triples rule. Young does two lutzes and two toeloops, and she also does a solo 3A which would replace one of her solo triples and thus allow it to be tacked onto a combination.

Similarly, all three combinations that Trusova does also have backend triples, and her having at least one quad is indirectly what makes this possible.

Thanks. I think I understand..... so, the triple axel is what enables her to do 3lutz-3toe and 2A-3toe and 3lutz-eu-3sal in one program? Say, she didn’t do the 3A; could her jump content be this:
3lutz-3toe
3loop
3flip
2A-3toe
3lutz-eu-3sal
2A

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
With the JGP circuit being cancelled this season the JGP qualifiers aren't going to happen, this means that there will be no domestic competitions until the ranking competition (assuming it takes place, that is)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
With the JGP circuit being cancelled this season the JGP qualifiers aren't going to happen, this means that there will be no domestic competitions until the ranking competition (assuming it takes place, that is)

given the large number of domestic competitions they have to enter this may not be bad.

DougDorsey

On the Ice
Does anyone have a link to Haein's Whitney Houston "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" gala program? Thanks in advance!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Any new news from our lovely Korean skaters on their programs, training, etc.?

Asking the same thing too.
It's September already yet it's so eerily quiet when concerned about Young, Junhwan, Yelim, Eunsoo and Sihyeong. I understand the juniors being more silent about it because their season is cancelled but for reals I need to know programs deets!

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
The reason not much news has come out is that our skaters aren't getting ice time, Taeneung ice rink (the main rink for the national team) is still closed and due to social distancing enforcements only about an hour of ice time is allotted at other rinks like Mokdong rink (if allowed at all). Sihyeong recently posted an instagram story (gone down now) about not being able to go on ice because of enforced social distancing measures, until the resurge dies down and measures are loosened a bit again I don't think there'll be updates on new programs (tremendous sigh)

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
The reason not much news has come out is that our skaters aren't getting ice time, Taeneung ice rink (the main rink for the national team) is still closed and due to social distancing enforcements only about an hour of ice time is allotted at other rinks like Mokdong rink (if allowed at all). Sihyeong recently posted an instagram story (gone down now) about not being able to go on ice because of enforced social distancing measures, until the resurge dies down and measures are loosened a bit again I don't think there'll be updates on new programs (tremendous sigh)

That's interesting, since I would think Korea can allow more restrictions being lifted due to managing corona so well.
But I know there's been a second wave too..

Where's Young You atm? is she training with Mie in Japan?

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
That's interesting, since I would think Korea can allow more restrictions being lifted due to managing corona so well.
But I know there's been a second wave too..

Where's Young You atm? is she training with Mie in Japan?

I haven't seen any news of Young's return, so I'm assuming she's still in Colorado. I'll post on this thread if I see any news.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
^ She trains there long-term? If the GP series does take place, it would be cool to see You win SA, although Bradie and Mariah are both strong skaters too.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
About Seoyuon (sp?) Ji: she skated to 3 pieces of music in her free skate last season. I know the first one is Lovely by Billie Eilish. What were the other 2?