Panfilova and Rylov: 'We need to move on' | Golden Skate

Panfilova and Rylov: 'We need to move on'

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Russian pair skaters Apollinariia Panfilova, 17, and Dmitry Rylov, 18, came off a golden year this season, winning each competition they entered at the junior level, including the Youth Olympic Games and the 2020 ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships. They only finished off the podium at the highly competitive senior nationals where they placed sixth but won the national junior title. The team from Perm excels in lifts and throws as well as in other pair elements, however, were only lacking a solo triple jump. Now, they are determined to add that element to their repertoire as they gear up for the senior level.

"The conditions of the pandemic affect our training plan," coach Pavel Sliusarenko said. "We are practicing online every day in two sessions. We do choreography the same way. We have the opportunity to work on pair elements as the kids are in Perm."

The next thing to tackle is a side by side triple jump. The skaters know they need that in order to be competitive at the senior level, and Rylov promised “100%” that they will include one.

More...

What do you feel this team specifically improved on since the 2018-19 season? What kind of music would you like to see them perform to?

Last edited:

dancelion21

On the Ice
If this team can get just one side-by-side triple jump, they can be world champions. Their pair elements, especially the twist and the throws, are gorgeous and huge. All they need is one triple toe or triple salchow, and then I think they can win everything.

zounger

Medalist
If this team can get just one side-by-side triple jump, they can be world champions. Their pair elements, especially the twist and the throws, are gorgeous and huge. All they need is one triple toe or triple salchow, and then I think they can win everything.

Their lifts are very good too. I hope they will get the triples soon. They are a pair that can give you goosebumps.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I think they are an outstanding couple with huge potential. Their twist, throws and lifts are amazing, up there with the very very best in the world. The SBS jumps, however, do need work. They have said they are working on the Salchow or the toe but they have yet to make an appearance in competition.

It will be interesting to see how they are judged on PCS, again I’d say they are competitive but I think first year seniors could struggle to score big. Russia has already 4 very strong senior pairs, it will not be an easy task to make a European or Worlds team. However I think they can do it.

One of the best performances of the season for me was their gold medal performance from the YOG.
https://youtu.be/Wx_UtLH5r-A

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

I think they need to aim bigger. they need at least two triples or be able to land a triple toe triple toe and a double axel for the single jump

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
I think they need to aim bigger. they need at least two triples or be able to land a triple toe triple toe and a double axel for the single jump

Their plans were to insert two triples to their programmes during two senior seasons. Now they just consider which one goes first and which to add later.

icetug

Medalist
Apollinariia is etheral and Dmirty is very strong what results in the best twist lift in the field right now - and in very scary and painful falls when she misses landing in throw jumps. Surely SBS jumps are their weakest point but what I'm concerned a lot is her endurance. Wish them injury-free entry into seniors.