2020-21 U.S. Ice Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2020-21 U.S. Ice Dance

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
If Vadym still wants to skate, I am guessing it might be a citizenship thing? Alas...

composer

On the Ice
I’m sad about Nguyen and Kolesnik. From the wording on their insta posts it does sound like Kolesnik has already found a partner (no mention of searching for a partner). I hope Nguyen manages to find a partner.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I will miss them without question. Avonley is so musical, expressive and talented so the search should go well. No matter what happens they still have the Junior championship Gold and, we have “Demons”!!!

litenkyckling

Final Flight
I’m sad about Nguyen and Kolesnik. From the wording on their insta posts it does sound like Kolesnik has already found a partner (no mention of searching for a partner). I hope Nguyen manages to find a partner.

I don't thats the case - he was quoted saying “The collapse of our partnership? There were reasons. Some of them are personal. I will look for a new partner. Perhaps outside the United States,” in this article. (Translation from twitter, not me)

composer

On the Ice
Aah. I wonder who he is considering. If he wants to go to the next Olympics and not skate for the US he would need somebody /some federation with pull that can get him released. It’s a shame. I feel like I just discovered them and here they are splitting already.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
2020-21 envelope funding for U.S. skaters was announced today. Ice dance is below. Notably missing is Carreira/Ponomarenko.

Team A:
Chock/Bates
Hubbell/Donohue

Team B:
Hawayek/Baker
Green/Parsons

Team C:
Pate/Bye
Wolfkostin/Chen
Brown/Brown
Shilling/Petrov

Team D:
DelCamp/Somerville
Ling/Wein
Carhart/Horovyi
Peal/Peal
Shadid/Shadid

Edit: Christina confirmed USFS left them off in error on Twitter. I assume the website will be updated to show them on Team B.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
2020-21 envelope funding for U.S. skaters was announced today. Ice dance is below. Notably missing is Carreira/Ponomarenko.

Team D:
DelCamp/Somerville
Ling/Wein
Carhart/Horovyi
Peal/Peal
Shadid/Shadid

Edit: Christina confirmed USFS left them off in error on Twitter. I assume the website will be updated to show them on Team B.

But another oversight is that Cesanek/Yehorov should be included in Team D of envelope funding.

They still are listed in the ISP, and they took part together just a few days ago in USFS dance camp (virtual this year) -- so I think it is safe to say that it is an oversight.

I hope that USFS will make this correction as well.

ETA:
BTW, today (Jul 1) an update on the fate of USFS qualifying season is supposed to be announced as well.​

Vadim said he would continue skating and is looking for a new partner possibly outside of US

Just to clarify, he said he might be looking outside of the U.S.

To me, larat's post already was clear: "looking for a new partner possibly outside of US" -- with "possibly" being a direct translation of "восможно," which is the word from Vadym's quote in Russian.

I look forward to cheering for Vadym's new partnership, no matter what. I just want whatever is best for him.
That said, if(???) he were to end up skating for another country, I think it would be a huge loss for U.S. ice dance. I would love to see him continuing to represent Team USA.

Vadym and Avonley both have so much talent and experience to offer.
Wishing them the best with their respective searches for new partners.

She is the niece of Juris Razgulajevs I believe ....

Unrelated to discussion of potential partnerships, I simply was interested to hear that Irina is the niece of Juris. I had not known. Thanks for the information.

Ross74

Medalist
To me, larat's post already was clear: "looking for a new partner possibly outside of US" -- with "possibly" being a direct translation of "восможно," which is the word from Vadym's quote in Russian.
I completely agree with you. I apparently missed seeing any reflection of "possibly" in the original post at the time and I remember looking for it. Oh well, my brain must have taken the day off.

dancelion21

On the Ice
In an interview that Jason Brown did the other day, he mentioned that Kaitlin Hawayek and Jean-Luc Baker managed to cross the border back in Canada on June 22nd, and we know that all the skaters at Gadbois have returned to the ice. It seems that most US ice dancers have been able to resume training.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I completely agree with you. I apparently missed seeing any reflection of "possibly" in the original post at the time and I remember looking for it. Oh well, my brain must have taken the day off.

Not to worry. My own brain remains addled by the end of Vadym and Avonley's partnership. :(

In an interview that Jason Brown did the other day, he mentioned that Kaitlin Hawayek and Jean-Luc Baker managed to cross the border back in Canada on June 22nd, and we know that all the skaters at Gadbois have returned to the ice. It seems that most US ice dancers have been able to resume training.

If my addled brain remembers correctly, I do not think there have been sightings of Caroline/Michael back on the ice?
Ditto for the Browns and Molly/Yehor?

But I agree re "most." And good for H/B.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Does anyone think the ShibSibs will come back for another go at the olympics? I feel like they’ve been left out of the ice dance conversation for a while (last time I checked they didn’t rule out making a comeback).

macy

Record Breaker
Does anyone think the ShibSibs will come back for another go at the olympics? I feel like they’ve been left out of the ice dance conversation for a while (last time I checked they didn’t rule out making a comeback).

i doubt it. Maia's had a lot of health problems as of recent and i think it would take her a long time to get back into competitive shape, if she actually could. they were quite serious issues if i recall.