2020-21 U.S. Ice Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2020-21 U.S. Ice Dance

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Does anyone think the ShibSibs will come back for another go at the olympics? I feel like they’ve been left out of the ice dance conversation for a while (last time I checked they didn’t rule out making a comeback).

Doubtful.

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
i doubt it. Maia's had a lot of health problems as of recent and i think it would take her a long time to get back into competitive shape, if she actually could. they were quite serious issues if i recall.

She had a cancerous tumor removed from her kidney, so yes, very serious. As much as I would love for them to make a comeback, I highly doubt they will.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
It would be great if they could train with Marina Zueva, since she coached Anton with his former partner. Lorraine and Quinn seemed to struggle to find their footing packaging-wise, and Marina would be a real asset if she has interest in taking them on.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
I don't see them leaving WISA, as much as I would *love* for them to go to Marina Zueva. I think Marina would give them their best Olympic chances, since she's more of a political weight as well.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
I don't see them leaving WISA, as much as I would *love* for them to go to Marina Zueva. I think Marina would give them their best Olympic chances, since she's more of a political weight as well.

I think you're right, sadly. Being at another rink with another coach also just seems like it would also be better than competing for attention at their home rink with Green/Parsons as they're trying to find themselves as a pair. Even before Lorraine and Quinn split, it seemed time for a new coaching arrangement.

dancelion21

On the Ice
It would be great if they could train with Marina Zueva, since she coached Anton with his former partner. Lorraine and Quinn seemed to struggle to find their footing packaging-wise, and Marina would be a real asset if she has interest in taking them on.

I think Marina would be the best choice for them as well. She knows how to package, she has the political leverage, and they can get her undivided attention since she has no top ice dance teams at the moment.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
I think Marina would be the best choice for them as well. She knows how to package, she has the political leverage, and they can get her undivided attention since she has no top ice dance teams at the moment.

That and the programmes she gave R/A last season were great - I'm also a big fan of the Pride and Prejudice programme she gave L/P in the last Olympic season. She really does still have it, imo

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Lorraine has found a new partner! She will be competing with Anton Spiridonov! I checked his ISU profile, and it looks like he was born in the United States, so there should be no problems on the citizenship front.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCMLnrdpG9T/

This is Anton's ISU profile with his past partner.
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00101029.htm

Good luck to the new partnership. :)

Non-internationally, he most recently competed in the 2019-20 season in juniors with Gianna Buckley (a former partner of Jeffrey Chen, BTW).
Gianna/Anton won their U.S. sectionals, but did not compete at the U.S. Ice Dance Final (I don't know why?).
In the summer, they had placed fifth at Lake Placid IDC (non-international).​

Interesting. Where will they train?

It does not mean anything in answer to your question ... but FWIW, in the video, Lorraine/Anton happen to be at Ion ITC in Virginia.

mom2cavs

Rinkside
I'm shocked. She is much, much , much better than him. He's never even competed seniors. I know Green hadn't either but they were tops at juniors and she was very good for her age. Vadim might not be tall enough but he certainly is closer to her ability.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm shocked. She is much, much , much better than him. He's never even competed seniors. I know Green hadn't either but they were tops at juniors and she was very good for her age. Vadim might not be tall enough but he certainly is closer to her ability.

Bruno Massot didn't have as much of a resume to look at before he teamed up with Savchenko. Who knows what could happen? I know it's different disciplines and Massot had senior experience before teaming with Savchenko, but still.

Lana05

Final Flight
Lorraine has found a new partner! She will be competing with Anton Spiridonov! I checked his ISU profile, and it looks like he was born in the United States, so there should be no problems on the citizenship front.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCMLnrdpG9T/

This is Anton's ISU profile with his past partner.
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00101029.htm

Idk why but I feel that this partnership won't last long as well. Maybe it's because of recent events with so many duets gone

slider11

Medalist
I feel good vibes for Anton and Lorraine. Just their video "entrance" showed a lot of class and maturity.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I haven't paid much attention to this board for the last few months with everything that's going on but i'm shocked that N/K have split. They were the future of US Ice Dance and while they were most likely not going to make the Olympic team for 2022 since they would only have a couple of seasons to try to climb over at least 3 other teams they had such huge potential. To be honest the perfect pairing for Avonley would be Anthony but i know that won't happen but together i think they would be dynamite and have a great chance at making the Olympic team. One of Avonley's biggest strength is her beautiful perfect posture which to be honest is one of Christina's biggest weaknesses and Nguyen also seems to be a stronger competitor. Someone as good as her sitting on the sidelines without a partner is almost a crime.