2020-21 Japanese Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Japanese Ladies' Figure Skating

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
She also wants to do new spins. What new spins, do you guys think, she'll want to do?

I noticed she didn’t do a sit spin in the free (like last year) and opted for flying camel instead. Perhaps she wants a better sit spin? I also think she wants to be able to hit more aesthetic positions, but I hope she understands that beauty isn’t beautiful if the eye doesn’t notice. Her spins are already centered, controlled, and the positions are held. Look how long she holds her Biellmans. Her haircutters are also quite fast. I also hopes she leaves her I-spin alone. Her leg, shoulders, and back are straight, like they’re supposed to be. You lose the body line if this spin is done with poor posture with a bent head or back. She just needs a little more speed. Leave the position alone.

But I can see her going for another position in her donut. As for entirely new spins...how is Kihira with touching her toes? Uno does this spin a lot and there’s a junior skater - I want to say Liu, but I’m not sure - that does it beautifully. I hope she goes for that. I hope not to see an A-spin unless it’s a transition into a I-spin.

Ballade88

On the Ice
I hope Marin Honda makes a comeback. She really is the most talented and I liked how she tried to broaden her artistry after leaving Hamada.

As for her projection to an audience, I think increased work with David Wilson would work wonders on Rika.

I hope he gives her better programs than that Clair de Lune SP. I prefer she works with Shae Lynn Bourne. Wilson's choreography doesn't work for everyone. He never really figured out Hanyu's best style or Evgenia for that matter.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
I hope Marin Honda makes a comeback. She really is the most talented and I liked how she tried to broaden her artistry after leaving Hamada.

I hope he gives her better programs than that Clair de Lune SP. I prefer she works with Shae Lynn Bourne. Wilson's choreography doesn't work for everyone. He never really figured out Hanyu's best style or Evgenia for that matter.

This is true, but he did some Brilliant work with Yuna and Javi!

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I don't know where to find the Japanese men thread, but apparently Daisuke Murakami was released by JSF for the USFS?

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
^ Oh, he's been released to become a US coach? Looking forward to seeing him alongside his skaters.

The men only have the 2019-20 thread here - https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?81903-2019-20-Japanese-Men-s-Figure-Skating . A new one hasn't been started yet. Unfortunately, male Japanese skaters other than Yuzuru, Shoma and Daisuke (and maybe the three young ones- Shun, Kao and Yuma) don't seem to inspire as much love here as the Ladies. :( Pity.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
^ Oh, he's been released to become a US coach? Looking forward to seeing him alongside his skaters.

The men only have the 2019-20 thread here - https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?81903-2019-20-Japanese-Men-s-Figure-Skating . A new one hasn't been started yet. Unfortunately, male Japanese skaters other than Yuzuru, Shoma and Daisuke (and maybe the three young ones- Shun, Kao and Yuma) don't seem to inspire as much love here as the Ladies. :( Pity.

Apparently to make a comeback.

surimi

Record Breaker
Apparently to make a comeback.

wow! The young ones better watch their backs then. This is the guy who won a GP once.

ETA: another wow. The guy's turning thirty next year, and yet he's coming back to competition. Inspiring.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker

I could make a new thread for 20-21. Actually I was thinking about adding pairs and ice dance to it as well.

surimi

Record Breaker
I could make a new thread for 20-21. Actually I was thinking about adding pairs and ice dance to it as well.

Please do! I'd follow it. I am interested in the Japanese pairs and dance as well.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/figureskatingm1/status/1283661846952570880

Moa Iwano is keeping her 19/20 programs.
She announced recently that she would be competing as a senior at domestic events this season (as JSF would not be assigning skaters to the JGP). Although it looks like the first half of the senior GP is also off the table now.
Will we see other junior ladies do the same? I wonder if Tomoe, Mana, Shiika, Nana would all move up this year?

mikeko666

Final Flight
https://twitter.com/figureskatingm1/status/1283661846952570880

Moa Iwano is keeping her 19/20 programs.
She announced recently that she would be competing as a senior at domestic events this season (as JSF would not be assigning skaters to the JGP). Although it looks like the first half of the senior GP is also off the table now.
Will we see other junior ladies do the same? I wonder if Tomoe, Mana, Shiika, Nana would all move up this year?

I wish she had brought back her FS from 2018-2019 season, Jeux d'eau.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Kihira is currently in Switzerland training with Stephane Lambiel. She’s also doing 3F+3Lo. She’s been training loop combinations for awhile, but never attempted in competition. So maybe it’s just for fun? In any case, her 3F has gotten a lot bigger.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Kihira is currently in Switzerland training with Stephane Lambiel. She’s also doing 3F+3Lo. She’s been training loop combinations for awhile, but never attempted in competition. So maybe it’s just for fun? In any case, her 3F has gotten a lot bigger.

It’s easy to tell Kihira WANTS it. She wants to be the top skater. She’s doing everything to up her jump content. She’s trying different themes for her programs, trying to make a “moment.” Unfortunately she is not an absolute, unapposed favorite of the powers that be. That matters a lot.

lzxnl

Final Flight

Her flip has gotten huge now indeed, almost comparable to Kostornaia's 3F.
I wonder what else she's been up to. It's been a while since her last practice videos.

3F-3Lo for short? In the free, with a 4S and 4T, a 3F-3Lo would mean she then wouldn't need any doubles, which would be a first in ladies' skating. No double jumps across both programs.