2020-21 Team China Updates | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Team China Updates

brakes

On the Ice
How is An Xiangyi? Afaik she's scheduled to debut on JGP this season, right?

Any videos of her latest trainings/run-throughs? :popcorn:

yqs100

On the Ice
Liu Jiaxi (Chelsea) and Xie Zhong splitted.

Chelsea has returned to the states?

Xie got a new partner. from the photo posted by CFSF, the new partner is Wang Yuchen Wang who was splitter with Huang Yihang.

HoneyBear

On the Ice
Xie got a new partner. from the photo posted by CFSF, the new partner is Wang Yuchen Wang who was splitter with Huang Yihang.

I've lost count of how many partners Xie has gone through. Let's hope this partnership works out.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I really wanted to see the juniors from China at this year’s jgp but with it being canceled, I now have to wait for nationals. Who is the favorite to win the title in ladies and dance?

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I really wanted to see the juniors from China at this year’s jgp but with it being canceled, I now have to wait for nationals. Who is the favorite to win the title in ladies and dance?
Probably Nini (An Xiangyi) and Wang/Liu.

yqs100

On the Ice
Looks like Wang/Liu are back in beijing, don't know when they can return to Toronto.

yqs100

On the Ice
Chinese pairs are in the work with Lori for the new season programs. The preparation is not only for this season but also next season. the team has spent quite an effort on the music selection, "how to better tell chinese story" is a key........

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Chinese pairs are in the work with Lori for the new season programs. The preparation is not only for this season but also next season. the team has spent quite an effort on the music selection, "how to better tell chinese story" is a key........

Happy that they're going for this strategy! I've wondered how many were going to realize that they have essentially two seasons to create and practice Olympic-worthy programs.

HoneyBear

On the Ice
My two cents on telling good Chinese stories. So far there are only a couple of warhorses that the CFSA leadership would consider for use in international competitions. CTHD with some other Tan Dun compositions sprinkled in, Butterfly violin concerto, The Yellow River piano concerto, Turandot, and maybe The Last Emperor soundtrack and some other Zhang Yimou film soundtracks (The Road Home, Red Sorghum, etc). Make no mistakes, these are great pieces but there are so many other diverse and interesting music pieces that tell good Chinese stories. They are just not famous enough for the leadership to see them as "safe" choices.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
My two cents on telling good Chinese stories. So far there are only a couple of warhorses that the CFSA leadership would consider for use in international competitions. CTHD with some other Tan Dun compositions sprinkled in, Butterfly violin concerto, The Yellow River piano concerto, Turandot, and maybe The Last Emperor soundtrack and some other Zhang Yimou film soundtracks (The Road Home, Red Sorghum, etc). Make no mistakes, these are great pieces but there are so many other diverse and interesting music pieces that tell good Chinese stories. They are just not famous enough for the leadership to see them as "safe" choices.

Well, I didn't understand if yqs100 meant only the Pairs were going for that or every Chinese team member - but in the second case we might see a variety of stories, especially from the singles field :agree2:

HoneyBear

On the Ice
Well, I didn't understand if yqs100 meant only the Pairs were going for that or every Chinese team member - but in the second case we might see a variety of stories, especially from the singles field :agree2:

I would expect the higher-ups to want Chinese-themed programs from the top pairs and Boyang. At Pyeongchang alone, we've seen Turandot, Butterfly Violin Concerto and CTHD. Yu/Zhang surprisingly didn't have one, but Zhang's done CTHD and Yellow River with Peng at Sochi.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Wait, it's confirmed? Yu split with Zhang and Lei Wang split with Xuehan? I'm sad for Xuehan if so, but happy that Shiaoyu can continue.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Wait, it's confirmed? Yu split with Zhang and Lei Wang split with Xuehan? I'm sad for Xuehan if so, but happy that Shiaoyu can continue.
Wang Xuehan is apparently filing for retirement.

Zhang Hao IIRC was coaching around December last season. I think he said he wanted to go on, but maybe he was being indecisive still, so Yu decided to pair up with Wang Lei.

yqs100

On the Ice
wang lei is not that young either,,,, dunno how long this pair can stay....