2020-21 Team China Updates | Golden Skate

2020-21 Team China Updates

yqs100

On the Ice
Team China started one month earlier than previous years.

- Coach Hongbo's team is in the training campus in Sanya, China.

- Cong Han just had a surgery in Beijing, recovering is ongoing as planned.

yqs100

On the Ice
2020 Cup of China will be in Chong Qing again.

GPF will be back in beijing capital gymnasium after renovation for 2020 olympics

Moaray

Rinkside
Any news about Ān Xiāngyí?
An Xiangyi and the other Chinese athletes (Including Zhao Hongbo's camp in Sanya) are preparing for the fitness text demanding by the Chinses sports authority.
They have to pass the test otherwise the authority would stop funding them.

Ykai

On the Ice
2020 Cup of China will be in Chong Qing again.

GPF will be back in beijing capital gymnasium after renovation for 2020 olympics

Beijing has cancelled all sports events as of 6/12 indefinitely due to the virus situation. I doubt either CoC and GPF will be happening.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i saw on the news that there's an (contained) outbreak in Beijing, i think this must be the reason

yqs100

On the Ice
yesterday #zhanghao became a hot topic on weibo (chinese version of twitter)

the reason is ridiculous and funny. Some KOLs who know nothing about figure skating accused Hao Zhang "treated his partners (dan zhang and xiaoyu yu) badly, especially when they failed the throws (dan zhang fell on the quad throw in 2006 olympics and xiaoyu yu fell on the trip throw in 2018 olympics). they describe hao zhang threw his partner without any emotions, and treated her like a sandbag, and its failure of feminism.

some comments saying hao zhang should retire, and give more chances to young skaters, such as nathan chen and boyang jin.......

---------------------------------------------

can't believe this happens in the 2022 host country, figure skating as one of the most popular sports in winter olympics, and a lot of people know nothing about it. instead, just abusing athletes all the time.

I hope china figure skating association can stand out and make some statement, from figure skating perspective, Hao Zhang is one of the best pairs skating athletes in China, maybe his achievements are not as good as shen/zhao, pang/tong, but he was the top pair skater for almost 15 years, and he should get the basic respect.

Dan Zhang - Hao Zhang's ex-partner said on her weibo: memory can't be seen as good or bad, it is a process of shaping myself, I thank myself in the memory which makes me aware that it is right to work hard and concentrate. but i believe no athlete will joke around in olympics, this is one thing im very sure.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
yesterday #zhanghao became a hot topic on weibo (chinese version of twitter)

the reason is ridiculous and funny. Some KOLs who know nothing about figure skating accused Hao Zhang "treated his partners (dan zhang and xiaoyu yu) badly, especially when they failed the throws (dan zhang fell on the quad throw in 2006 olympics and xiaoyu yu fell on the trip throw in 2018 olympics). they describe hao zhang threw his partner without any emotions, and treated her like a sandbag, and its failure of feminism.

some comments saying hao zhang should retire, and give more chances to young skaters, such as nathan chen and boyang jin.......

---------------------------------------------

can't believe this happens in the 2022 host country, figure skating as one of the most popular sports in winter olympics, and a lot of people know nothing about it. instead, just abusing athletes all the time.

I hope china figure skating association can stand out and make some statement, from figure skating perspective, Hao Zhang is one of the best pairs skating athletes in China, maybe his achievements are not as good as shen/zhao, pang/tong, but he was the top pair skater for almost 15 years, and he should get the basic respect.

Dan Zhang - Hao Zhang's ex-partner said on her weibo: memory can't be seen as good or bad, it is a process of shaping myself, I thank myself in the memory which makes me aware that it is right to work hard and concentrate. but i believe no athlete will joke around in olympics, this is one thing im very sure.

What's a KOL?

And it's ok if China doesn't care much for skating. Popular winter sport or not, it's just not that well known or respected overall. Doesn't really matter.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands

I won't go into the whole post because this Weibo thing treats Hao Zhang rather unfairly, and the poster delves into that part already. These comments however are rather funny. A bit like saying Timothy Leduc should retire, so Vincent Zhou gets more chances. Or, even, that Vladimir Morozov should retire so Vincent Zhou can go forward.

Moaray

Rinkside
What's a KOL?

And it's ok if China doesn't care much for skating. Popular winter sport or not, it's just not that well known or respected overall. Doesn't really matter.

Those KOLs are the FAKE radical 'feminists' in China who always promote radical ideas and intensify the hostility between male and female.
They thought the way Zhang Hao threw the girls was a huge disgrace to all the women, and they also insisted that he let those girls fall on purpose.

yqs100

On the Ice
What's a KOL?

Key opinion leaders - those accounts with millions followers

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Sui and Han both posted a short video today for the Olympic Day tomorrow.

Sui showed several dry land training moves.
https://weibo.com/2342329387/J7MPpt2HA

Han should be in recovery after the sergury. He also showed a little training footage.
https://weibo.com/2051260445/J7ML8r27t

So anyone remember in an interview in 2018, Sui said she want to cut her hair short and Han added that he would like longer hair?
Now Han is having a hair style somewhere between a ponytail and man bun.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Sui and Han both posted a short video today for the Olympic Day tomorrow.

Sui showed several dry land training moves.
https://weibo.com/2342329387/J7MPpt2HA

Han should be in recovery after the sergury. He also showed a little training footage.
https://weibo.com/2051260445/J7ML8r27t

So anyone remember in an interview in 2018, Sui said she want to cut her hair short and Han added that he would like longer hair?
Now Han is having a hair style somewhere between a ponytail and man bun.

So is he suggesting hair like Sui's? A ponytail usually means you have enough hair for a man bun. Or do you mean a top not where hair is under cut - so you don't have to wait for that awkward bob or chin length where you can't get a man bun or pony tail unless you undercut it? I amnot sure I want to see Han have similar hair to Sui. But whatever.