Amazing Skaters Who Never Won an Olympic or World (individual) Medal | Golden Skate

Amazing Skaters Who Never Won an Olympic or World (individual) Medal

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The Season is sadly over. But who are your outstanding skaters who never won an olympic or world medal? Dig deep!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Okay I will start off.

1. She still might win a world or olympic individual medal but I am thinking Gracie Gold - power, amplitude, huge jumps and good artistry. A real treasure. In light off good skater but amazing like Tanja Sawchenko, Holly Cook, and I believe Vanessa Gusmeroli winning world bronze Gold seems much more worthy and talented.
2. Ditto to Josee Chouinard. Okay she had problems with nerves but she had like Gracie had it all power, fire, and lots of charm in Chouinard's case. She had first rate programs too.
3. Emanuel Sandu - okay when he is bad he is bad but when he was on Plushenko couldn't match him. It is sad how his skating in the end crumbled so badly.
4. Olga Markova - an innovator and heck if rather nice but nondescript skaters like cook and Sawchenkocan win a bronze why notO Olga who had such style.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
A few obscure stars that perhaps not many know of but:

Anastasia Kostyuk. I can't for the life of me understand why she was never put on the JGP, even in the Russian depth. She seems to have retired. Her charisma, great spins, solid jumps, and great skating skills.

Ilia Skirda. Lot of charisma, we all thought JGPF 2016 was the beginning for him but it was the peak of his career. The best charisma, head toss, leg wrap, arm wrench, and miming of his day. Well I take that back because he skated in the day of Medvedeva. But after that breakout season he never really got 3A or 4S, and never even made it to junior nationals again before leaving Eteri and retiring. He tried dance with Zhulin but now seems to be coaching.

Also, Polina Tsurskaya and Marin Honda.

I can't imagine if Sasha Trusova gets added to this list. I hope she doesn't, she's too special!

rain

Record Breaker
Angela Nikodinov
Shawn Sawyer
Cynthia Phaneuf
Liam Firus
Jeremy Abbott
Lucinda Ruh
Annenko/Sretenski

colormyworld240

Medalist
Polina Tsurskaya and Karen Chen, both massively (literally) talented jumpers and beautiful skaters who could never put it all together.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
I believe hes already been mentioned, but Emanuel sandhu won GPf but never worlds or Olympics medal

Would also like to throw chenjiang li who won 4CC and 3rd at GPF but highest worlds placement was 4th.

Alexander abt was also brilliant but never modelled at worlds or olympics

Ilia klimkin was GPF silver medalist but never modelled at either

EDIT: Kevin Van Der Perren was 2x at GPF but in same boat as above.

Nobunari Oda medaled at 4 GPF but never worlds or Olympics.

2nd EDIT: Thomas Verner was amazing when on but inconsistent so never medaled in either.

3rd EDIT: Can't believe I forgot about Florent Amodio. Amazing skater, could have been like Javier Fernandez if he was more consistent.

Also Takahito Mura was amazing Japanese skater who went to GPF and never medaled at worlds or Olympics

4TH EDIT: Maxim Kovtun. By no means my favorite skater, but he had a good track record other than Worlds and Olympics.

lzxnl

Final Flight
Rika Kihira. Which is kinda weird to say. And I know, it's a bit of a copout as she's only been senior for two years, but she hasn't won a Junior Worlds medal either so I feel ok with this.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Maybe because his fashion choices at GPF were enough.

reasonable assumption.

I'll stop editing my previous reply and just add to this one:

Jason Brown - you did say amazing skaters not mentioning amazing jumpers, and he went to GPF :?.
Adam Rippon - as above.

Sergei Voronov - fantastic technician, bronze at GPF, was very good back in the day but often overshadowed by Plushenko or "Up and coming" skaters.

Keegan Messing - went to GPF, often overshadowed in the past by Patrick Chan.

Arbitrary

Medalist
1. Tonya Harding - my absolute favorite female single skater of all times.
Not sure if she never won a medal at WC?

2. Dmitriy Dmitrenko

3. Ilia Klimkin (yet, he has JWC gold)

4. Viktoria Volchkova

I'd not include current skaters/pairs as anything may happen next year.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Joshua Farris. And he would have. I know he would have.

:cry:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Two great skaters, but Joubert is a World Champion, and Weir a World Bronze Medallist.

Oh, sorry, my bad!:eek:: I know it! :yes:I didn'read exactly the title of the thread. I concentrated to the OG medals.:palmf: