Best Figure Skaters That Never Won Olympic Gold | Golden Skate

Best Figure Skaters That Never Won Olympic Gold

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Since there’s thread of favorite skaters that never won an Olympic or World medal in their career, I thought it would be fun to reminisce on some of the best skaters of all time that never won the Olympic Gold Medal.

Who are some of your favorite skaters that won major championships (4CC, GPF, Europeans, Worlds) but not the olympics? They may have medaled at the olympics, but didn’t take the title.

You can also post one of their title-winning programs, and share why its your favorite!

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
Michelle Kwan, Zhenya, Brian Orser, Tonya Harding [emoji23] (come judge me about Tonya), I’m too tired to think of others now

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Ballade88

On the Ice
Janet Lynn
Michelle Kwan
Mao Asada
Kurt Browning (It's hard to believe he doesn't even have an Olympic medal.)
Daisuke Takahashi

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Kurt Browning
Patrick Chan
Javier Fernandez
Paul Wylie

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am constrained because they need to have *won* a major comp other than the Olys? Oh, fiddlesticks, I'm ignoring the rules. :biggrin:

Toller, Toller, Toller and Toller.

Graduation Ball, Skate Canada 1975 (yes, I've linked it a thousand times, and I'll do it a thousand times more :) )

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
Yeah, all duplicates here from others already mentioned.

Michelle, silver, bronze, no gold, what a heartbreaker.

Toller Cranston, bronze in 1976. This guy was CRAZY unique.

Kurt, Kurt, Kurt, Kurt, Kurt. 4 gold, 3 silver Canadian Championships. 4 gold, 1 silver World Championships. No Olympic medal. HOW?

Triple loop

Rinkside
The two legends whose names start with M. Michelle Kwan and Mao Asada. Both contributed so much to the sport and when they were in the sport. I’ll always remember Michelle for her artistry and emotional performances. And Mao for her triple axels, step sequences, flow,, and elegance. I watch them periodically on You tube and deeply miss their style of skating.

sworddance21

On the Ice
I concur with many of the above. Off the top of my head, I'd add Sasha Cohen and Shoma Uno. Jeremy Abbott, as well.