All About Aviation | Golden Skate

All About Aviation

macy

Record Breaker
Anyone else a fan of aviation? I'm not a huge die hard fan, but planes really fascinate me and i think they're so cool.

i'm eagerly awaiting to see how many A380s return to the sky (i saw the first ones fly since the groundings from Etihad, Emirates, Air France and Qantas on the flightradar24 tracker this week!)

also can we just talk about the Antonov AN-225 :love: that thing is just magnificent!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am the only aviation fan here, I am afraid. I am a pilot and aircraft mechanic. I attend the Oshkosh EAA flyin and the Reno Air Races every year. My love is warbirds and history. I love talking with the Tuskegee Airmen.

Attachments

• aaa craig.jpg
    aaa craig.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 36

macy

Record Breaker
I am the only aviation fan here, I am afraid. I am a pilot and aircraft mechanic. I attend the Oshkosh EAA flyin and the Reno Air Races every year. My love is warbirds and history. I love talking with the Tuskegee Airmen.

looks that way :) thanks for sharing, very cool!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
looks that way :) thanks for sharing, very cool!

Love this guy...Gen. Charles McGee...he was introduced at the State of the Union Speech. Voted for him for president. 100 years young.

Attachments

• A col.jpg
    A col.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 37

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Anyone else a fan of aviation? I'm not a huge die hard fan, but planes really fascinate me and i think they're so cool.

i'm eagerly awaiting to see how many A380s return to the sky (i saw the first ones fly since the groundings from Etihad, Emirates, Air France and Qantas on the flightradar24 tracker this week!)

also can we just talk about the Antonov AN-225 :love: that thing is just magnificent!

I used to go into Boston once a week. The route of the bus took it through Logan Airport. I would look forward to seeing British Airways' A380 parked at the terminal. I have only seen an A380 once or twice in the air (holding pattern). There really aren't too many around here. Although the last few times I made that trip, I would sometimes see an Emirates A380.

Also, there is a high-speed ferry to Boston that passes by Logan Airport in Boston Harbor. It was a really exciting moment when a 747 passed directly over the ferry right before landing at the airport. The amount of wheels on the landing gear was unbelievable.

macy

Record Breaker
I used to go into Boston once a week. The route of the bus took it through Logan Airport. I would look forward to seeing British Airways' A380 parked at the terminal. I have only seen an A380 once or twice in the air (holding pattern). There really aren't too many around here. Although the last few times I made that trip, I would sometimes see an Emirates A380.

Also, there is a high-speed ferry to Boston that passes by Logan Airport in Boston Harbor. It was a really exciting moment when a 747 passed directly over the ferry right before landing at the airport. The amount of wheels on the landing gear was unbelievable.

i want to fly on an A380 and a 747 so badly, but i'm afraid my chances have gotten much slimmer this year with so many jumbo groundings/retirments. i've never seen either of them in real life. they are both engineering marvels.

Kifoze

Spectator
For sure I love flying especially when it is for holidays :) Was never scared to fly to be honest

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Budapest2006

Rinkside
Hi, well, I have always been amazed by everything flying from planes to rockets, but what I like the most is the history of aviation, the success has the failures.. Because I love to see all the efforts, different ideas and solutions that people have brought during history to rule this problem : how to make the human to fly ?

And though some ideas were just crazy or funny, some ideas were very innovative, very interesting even if it didn't always work as the inventors planned.. And well, in fact it is a bit like figure skating, everybody tries to come up with new ideas to push the sport (or the field) further..

When I was younger, I could spend hours collecting videos and photos of every flying machine, and I still look at planes like a kid