Skating Awards go digital | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Skating Awards go digital

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Well, I sit here reading this thread chuckling at the extreme negativity to the ISU Awards concept. Well, just so everyone knows, I hope the ISU Annual Awards does continue long into the future of the sport if nothing more than to TRIGGER all you who hate the concept. Have a wonderful day.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
ISU ignoring Alina once again...
https://twitter.com/ISU_Figure/status/1278312404896677890?s=20

:disapp:

Like sorry, there is even Kurakova. I like to see Lilbet there, but if she wasn't skating this season or wasn't nominated, that removes all the objections why Alina as a reiging olympic and world champion has not at least honourable mention in those teasers. If this is some kind of revenge from ISU I would like to know what for.

As I say, skating awkwards.

P.S. That ad that is showing together with every last comment in any thread is starting to be annoying.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I just tuned in. Tanith treating this like it’s totally legit, while Charlie looks like he is struggling to keep a straight face.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
ISU would never have been able to done this live at Worlds, it would have been boring for the audience in the arena.

The online event provided background information, and was not as shallow as I feared. The actual awards, well, we all have our own opinions on their validity. Zakaryan plugging his show, obviously, but it had Zagitova :)

Many foreign skaters and coaches speak good English, Kostornaya, You, Tutberidze

Shcherbakova seems already fluent, very well spoken, Anna.

Elaine

On the Ice
I'm still not sure about what to think of this ISU Awards..
Anyway, congratulations, Aliona! The best new comer! (It was very predictable, to be honest.)

readernick

Medalist
Most exciting award for me was the lifetime achievement award that Kurt received, he has to be one of the best all around skaters of all time. That footwork! And, the first quad. Truly a legend.

Also good to see that the ISU is not stupid, they gave Yuzuru the MVP award. Think of the uproar if he hadn't won. ( to me all the nominees were deserving, but there is no doubt he has the most devoted fans)No doubt he is a GOAT.

Also happy for beautiful skater Aliona. Bubbly choreographer Shae Lynn and the always fabulous Madison Chock who is always the best dressed.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I have to admit having a lot of fun watching this, fluff or not. Good to see the designer of the winning costumes getting a lot of credit, it was lovely to see performences to Aloe Blacc, Tanith looked absolutely stunning in her simple pink dress while Charlie was his good looking self, great to see Shae-Lynne getting all emotional when she watched skaters performing her programmes (but I'm sure Marie-France and Lori would have done the same), I found the Most entertaining Programme very difficult to judge (I would have been happy with either of them) but did love Fame. I felt sorry for Anna and Alexandra for not winning anything but at least they were nominated. And Yuzu as the most valuable skater was no surprise. He truly has made the sport very popular, and not only in Japan. and, let's not forget all his efforts in helping with the consequences of the Earthquake in 2011. And, Kurt was a real surprise, a nice one. I never recognised the cows but the rain and the clown...yeah!

Fluture

Record Breaker
I‘ve only watched a few clips on instagram but the ones I did see were sensationally boring. To think that they were actually planning to do this instead of the gala... no words. I hope they won‘t do it again next year but it‘s the ISU, so I should probably prepare myself for the worst, lol.

Anyway, congratulations to the winners. Among them, I was rooting especially for Shae-Lynn, Yuzuru and Aliona. :clap:

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I‘ve only watched a few clips on instagram but the ones I did see were sensationally boring. To think that they were actually planning to do this instead of the gala... no words. I hope they won‘t do it again next year but it‘s the ISU, so I should probably prepare myself for the worst, lol.

Anyway, congratulations to the winners. Among them, I was rooting especially for Shae-Lynn, Yuzuru and Aliona. :clap:

I watched the whole thing and let me tell you, they streched a content of 30 minutes into 2 hours.. I nearly fell asleep

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

I think the online event went well for a launch, and IMO added something extra by providing information.

But to have this at the Gala Exhibition? Even in shortened form, it will be most boring to the paying audience.

We'll have to wait how ISU and trade press/sports insiders evaluate this, and wether it will be broadened beyond the scope of Zakaryan's shows.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I think the online event went well for a launch, and IMO added something extra by providing information.

But to have this at the Gala Exhibition? Even in shortened form, it will be most boring to the paying audience.

We'll have to wait how ISU and trade press/sports insiders evaluate this, and wether it will be broadened beyond the scope of Zakaryan's shows.

I'm with you. I quite enjoyed it, but it can't replace a Gala exhibition. As you say, it might be boring. It wasn't now (well to me that is) and having Kurt as a winner of the life Time thing made me happy. But obviously, it's no more or less than a 'sportsman/woman/team of the year award. The kind of thing I don't watch! Having said that, I rather enjoyed this, but mostly because there is so little to follow at the moment. Give me either a competition or a show any day!