JunHwan Cha competes on S. Korea's "Masked Singer" | Golden Skate

JunHwan Cha competes on S. Korea's "Masked Singer"

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
I’m tickled. He sounds pretty good, too. Well, he has something to fall back on if the day job doesn’t pan out.

The guests are surprised to find out who’s singing behind the mask.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
He is awesome!!!

He's a fabulous skater but with his dashing good looks I think there's always a pop/acting career should he ever decide to quit skating.

khtmyzr

Final Flight
I was surprised when it appeared on my timeline. These athletes are so multitalented. Yuna could also sing quite well didn’t she? and another S.Korean skater is currently on an idol survival program!

bennorii

On the Ice
I was surprised when it appeared on my timeline. These athletes are so multitalented. Yuna could also sing quite well didn’t she? and another S.Korean skater is currently on an idol survival program!

Park Sunghoon is competing on I-Land! Apparently he was a trainee at BigHit (the same company that BTS is under) while he was competing internationally. I couldn't imagine all the effort that goes into doing both!

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Sounds good! Is Junhwan really famous now in South Korea?

I can't imagine many figure skaters going on the Masked Singer in the U.K. (other than Torvill/Dean or Cousins, if they wanted to)

noskates

Record Breaker
He is such a cutie. And has a pretty good singing voice, too. I obviously don't understand Korean but in one of the clips they showed his calves and legs - maybe guessing he is an athlete?

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
He is such a cutie. And has a pretty good singing voice, too. I obviously don't understand Korean but in one of the clips they showed his calves and legs - maybe guessing he is an athlete?

Yeah, exactly that. His ankles being tanned apparently gave it away, not his developed muscles :think:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Sounds good! Is Junhwan really famous now in South Korea?

I can't imagine many figure skaters going on the Masked Singer in the U.K. (other than Torvill/Dean or Cousins, if they wanted to)

Junhwan is quite the star in Korea.

Also one thing to keep in mind that Jun also was a child actor and model when he was younger. He was in a few dramas. He was also part of Yuna Kim's Kiss & Cry show -- that's where me met Yunho of the popular boy group TVXQ -- it was a Dancing with the Stars but on Ice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpEiVkmDerQ

Last season -- he got to present on a major awards show and was on a variety show where they did this fun thing obstacle course on ice (he got to meet up with Yunho again too!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_NNyhuvUf0

bennorii

On the Ice
I think they might have been referencing that he has leg hair, which is a no no for male k-pop idols lol. Since many k-pop idols frequently come on the show, they could rule out the person behind the mask being an idol.

noskates

Record Breaker
I think they might have been referencing that he has leg hair, which is a no no for male k-pop idols lol. Since many k-pop idols frequently come on the show, they could rule out the person behind the mask being an idol.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh - bwahahaha. That makes sense. Thanks Bennorii.

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Yeah, exactly that. His ankles being tanned apparently gave it away, not his developed muscles :think:

I was watching the episode.
Most people thought that he was probably an athlete because of his calves and thighs, but a lot of people thought he was possibly a cyclist because of his 'tanned' ankles. No one ended up guessing who he was.
After he was unmasked he explained that his ankles weren't tanned, but that the flesh was kind of 'bruised' because of how tight he has to put on his skates every day.

dlynndao

Spectator
So talented! He also performed a short dance cover (BTS 'On') on King of Masked Singer. Will try to find a link.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Jun for leading man in a tragic Korean series when he retires I say!!!!!

hehe I am a huge fan of Korean dramas! I will get such a kick if he is in a drama a decade from now!