Rescoring of 2010 Olympics | Golden Skate

Rescoring of 2010 Olympics

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
In light of a previous "wrong Olympics results thread", I have started a thread to rescore 2010 Olympics and see how interesting it would be.

I have made an excel document with 8 Skaters from 2010: Daisuke Takahashi, Johhny Weir, Stephane Lambiel, Evan Lysacek, Patrick Chan, Oda Nabunari, Takahiko Kozuka, Evgeni Plushenko.
I have set it up with all the elements they did, the values of the elements etc.

All I need is 9 people to fill in GOE for each of the skater (1-3), as well as Fill in the PCS categories. The SoV is from 2010. The GOE system is 2010 system, the Average GOE will be the average of all the scores - and then element value will be element value + GOE scale factor * GOE.
Deductions are done to the Total score rather than TSS.

Reply to this thread if you want to be a part of this and I will give you Judge Number, and then you fill out the excel spreadsheet for each skater - the Sp and Fp and then PM me your filled out form - with GOE and PCS categories filled out under the judge number I've allocated you. Fill out SP and FP on each page. I will fill out the excel spreadsheet with all 9 judges, and then I shall publish the results.
https://gofile.io/d/h2q7ah is a link to download the excel document.
only 9 judges will be accepted so reply if you are keen to be a judge - remembering you will have to watch 2010 SP and FP Olympic figure skating and fill out for 8 skaters.

EDIT:
I'll roll the ball:
Judge Number 1: Kolyadafan2002
Judge Number 2: Ladyjane
Judge Number 3: Ziotic
Judge Number 4: Blades of Passion
Judge Number 5: Daniel1998
Judge Number 6: randomfan
Judge Number 7: CanadianSkaterGuy
Judge Number 8: Baron Vladimir
Judge Number 9: Cherryy

EDIT: I Made a huge mistake with GOE system on first release.

EDIT: Sorry, second final version (hopefully final for real this time): https://gofile.io/d/VNxGaS

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
In light of a previous "wrong Olympics results thread", I have started a thread to rescore 2010 Olympics and see how interesting it would be.

I have made an excel document with 8 Skaters from 2010: Daisuke Takahashi, Johhny Weir, Stephane Lambiel, Evan Lysacek, Patrick Chan, Oda Nabunari, Takahiko Kozuka, Evgeni Plushenko.
I have set it up with all the elements they did, the values of the elements etc.

All I need is 9 people to fill in GOE for each of the skater (1-3), as well as Fill in the PCS categories. The SoV is from 2010. The GOE system is 2010 system, the Average GOE will be the average of all the scores - and then element value will be element value + GOE scale factor * GOE.
Deductions are done to the Total score rather than TSS.

Reply to this thread if you want to be a part of this and I will give you Judge Number, and then you fill out the excel spreadsheet for each skater - the Sp and Fp and then PM me your filled out form - with GOE and PCS categories filled out under the judge number I've allocated you. Fill out SP and FP on each page. I will fill out the excel spreadsheet with all 9 judges, and then I shall publish the results.
https://gofile.io/d/h2q7ah is a link to download the excel document.
only 9 judges will be accepted so reply if you are keen to be a judge - remembering you will have to watch 2010 SP and FP Olympic figure skating and fill out for 8 skaters.

EDIT:
I'll roll the ball:
Judge Number 1: Kolyadafan2002
Judge Number 2:
Judge Number 3:
Judge Number 4:
Judge Number 5:
Judge Number 6:
Judge Number 7:
Judge Number 8:
Judge Number 9:

If you don't mind me being someone who wasn't opposed to the eventual winner (quad or not), not exceptionally good at seeing whether jumps are fully rotated or not, and a big fan of Stephane and Daisuke (yeah, there definitely is bias here) and perhaps also giving too high PCS points - but probably across the board - I would be interested. I would like to rewatch all these programmes. Furthermore, I really don't want to be called a judge basher or something. They all did their best as far as I recall. But if you want the 'judges' to be really good at determining what is the 'right' rotation, the precise level of the spins, transitions, and so on, then I would rather not. I definitely am not that good!

Ziotic

Medalist
Pick me, pick me! My kid is finally back in daycare and I’m only working PT so I have some free time on me hands!

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
If you don't mind me being someone who wasn't opposed to the eventual winner (quad or not), not exceptionally good at seeing whether jumps are fully rotated or not, and a big fan of Stephane and Daisuke (yeah, there definitely is bias here) and perhaps also giving too high PCS points - but probably across the board - I would be interested. I would like to rewatch all these programmes. Furthermore, I really don't want to be called a judge basher or something. They all did their best as far as I recall. But if you want the 'judges' to be really good at determining what is the 'right' rotation, the precise level of the spins, transitions, and so on, then I would rather not. I definitely am not that good!

The technical aspect and the base value has been filled in. Refresh yourself on the 2010 GOE guidelines, and type in GOE values from -3 to 3 (no need to include a +). Then fill in the various presentation aspects from 1 to 10 (of course every value should be in the 7's 8's and 9's)

You can use their actual PDF's online to see how they were originally marked if necessary.
Anyways, I'll put you down as Judge number 2, and then if you change your mind we can always undo it.
Download the excel spreadsheet, and fill in the values under judge number 2 column. Fill in on each excel page the SP and FP GOE's and PCS (ignore the other stuff that will autofill incorrectly without 9 judges completely filled in), and then message me the spreadsheet when done!

Pick me, pick me! My kid is finally back in daycare and I’m only working PT so I have some free time on me hands!
Welcome to the rescoring Judge number 3 - follow instructions above!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Back in 2010, there was actually a tool on the Olympics website that let everyone input their scores for the skaters. There is the problem of tech panel calls though, which I do not agree with for all of them. I suppose the GOE's can just be adjusted to compensate in most cases though. Yes, sign me up.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Back in 2010, there was actually a tool on the Olympics website that let everyone input their scores for the skaters. There is the problem of tech panel calls though, which I do not agree with for all of them. I suppose the GOE's can just be adjusted to compensate in most cases though. Yes, sign me up.

Great, Judge number 4. If there is any particular calls they made (or didnt make) That were borderline I can take a look and correct them - but only if they were obviously bad beyond all doubt.

Daniel1998

Final Flight
I wasn't following figure skating much then, so it will be interesting for me to go through these programs in detail! Sign me up.
(Can't wait to get bashed for my scoring).

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
I wasn't following figure skating much then, so it will be interesting for me to go through these programs in detail! Sign me up.
(Can't wait to get bashed for my scoring).

Welcome Judge number 5! If it makes everybody feel better, I can switch the judging numbers at a later date, I just need to be sure that each judges scores appears in the same column for consistency sakes! Take a look at instructions above, and have fun!

randomfan

Record Breaker
I'll join too! It's been too long since I last did one of my own scoring projects, so this should be fun!

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
Great, Judge number 4. If there is any particular calls they made (or didnt make) That were borderline I can take a look and correct them - but only if they were obviously bad beyond all doubt.

The big ones are Takahashi's 3Toe in the LP being called underrotated (I also find it wrong he received 0 points for the Quad attempt, it's debateable he was within 1/4 rotation leeway, judging by takeoff point), and Lysacek's footwork sequence in the LP being called Level 4 instead of Level 3. I also don't agree with Kozuka getting a ! call and -GOE on his Flip in either program. Another quirk is they gave Lambiel a Level 4 on footwork in the LP, which I don't agree with, but didn't give it to him on his last footwork in the SP. That kind of balances out, except it does affect the GOE points awarded (and I'm pretty sure most people will give him higher GOE for that SP footwork).

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Going through the short programs and seeing the actual PCS for some of these skaters made me realize how much presentation scores have ballooned in recent years. I thought I was a stingy person but I guess I'm only harsh from a 2020 reference point!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Yeah, that's the tricky part because panels' standards change and of course people have their own opinions.

I personally think for this exercise it's better to stick with the tech calls as they were called and then have the judges apply their GOE, as there can be many opinions as to which tech calls were legit and which ones were (subjectively) open to question. I'm guessing the purpose of this exercise is to see how the skaters would have been scored with a different judging panel, not different BVs being applied, which could more drastically affect the number of points allocated. But it's your game. ;)

Daniel1998

Final Flight
I've just completed mine... Stupid question, but how do you send an Excel file in a PM?

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
The big ones are Takahashi's 3Toe in the LP being called underrotated (I also find it wrong he received 0 points for the Quad attempt, it's debateable he was within 1/4 rotation leeway, judging by takeoff point), and Lysacek's footwork sequence in the LP being called Level 4 instead of Level 3. I also don't agree with Kozuka getting a ! call and -GOE on his Flip in either program. Another quirk is they gave Lambiel a Level 4 on footwork in the LP, which I don't agree with, but didn't give it to him on his last footwork in the SP. That kind of balances out, except it does affect the GOE points awarded (and I'm pretty sure most people will give him higher GOE for that SP footwork).

Here are the calls I'm going to talk about;
LP 4T - it was definitely UR by there standards, and could be called by todays standards. It was just over a quarter cheated, maybe exactly on the quarter if we were nice. Unfortunately the value for the 4T< is decided, and I'm not going to change SoV.
LP 3T - He did 1/4 or more on the ice unfortunately.

In terms of footwork, I can evaluate modern system footwork accurately - but I don't know how to evaluate a level 3 vs level 4 back in 2010.

Fortunately for Kozuka, "!" and "e" don't effect base value back then ("!" still doesn't), so it's down to GOE - which is our job here. Anybody can choose to use the calls however they want.

As a note to any of the judges, I made a couple mistakes with +2T vs +3T - but I got the base value correct. Excel has an autocomplete function which automatically added +2T +3T, and those have been corrected. Fill in the GOE as usual, and don't worry about it.

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
LP 3T - He did 1/4 or more on the ice unfortunately.

He didn't. Here are some screenshots I took:

Takeoff nearly complete

Clearly well into the air

Earliest landing point that can possibly be called

You can see from the second image where is already well into the air, he's getting enough rotation from the takeoff point. Or if you just look at the point where his 3Flip lands to determine the start of 3Toe (and he absolutely not turn any further than the allowable amount on his takeoff), he's still hitting the 1/4 turn mark for the landing.