2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I heard Gumenik got 97/100 in Chemistry exam. I cannot but congratulate him for his academic results. This are serious results that can open him the door to whatever school he likes. Best wishes for his skating season too.

He also got 98/100 in Russian language and waiting for biology results. Petr is going to enter a medical university. Our russian Nathan Chen :thumbsup::)

another boy who makes mama Elektra proud :luv17:

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
He also got 98/100 in Russian language and waiting for biology results. Petr is going to enter a medical university. Our russian Nathan Chen :thumbsup::)

Well done Petr! Always glad to hear of another skater balancing sports and education :clap: And as a biochemist I feel a little bit of extra happiness at his choice of subjects :biggrin:

Does anyone know if he plans to defer university entry (e.g. take a gap year/s), or try and do it part-time?

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Well done Petr! Always glad to hear of another skater balancing sports and education :clap: And as a biochemist I feel a little bit of extra happiness at his choice of subjects :biggrin:

Does anyone know if he plans to defer university entry (e.g. take a gap year/s), or try and do it part-time?
He plans to defer it. The exam results are valid for 4 years. His choice of subjects is related to plans to study medicine. This isn't something you can do part-time if he sticks with his plans.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
He plans to defer it. The exam results are valid for 4 years. His choice of subjects is related to plans to study medicine. This isn't something you can do part-time if he sticks with his plans.

Good, we have four more years to enjoy Petr's skating - a decent compromise :thumbsup:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
- "Athletes will be selected in two stages. There is simply no other option this year,” Alexander Gorshkov, President of the FFKKR, confirmed in a conversation with a Sport Day by Day correspondent. - Why didn't you make exceptions for the reigning champions? "As soon as you start talking about exceptions, it's not clear where they should stop. These are general requirements. We are not talking about any exceptions yet. The mechanism for the distribution of skaters by stage has not yet been determined. If someone cannot compete at the Russian Cup, then let them not complain. No wild-cards are provided."
https://m.sportsdaily.ru/articles/k...-rossii-federaciya-zanyala-zhestkuyu-poziciyu

Also noted: In connection with the requirements of Rospotrebnadzor, admission to participate in these stages will be limited.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well I guess they heard you guys moaning from a far (j/k). There will be a broadcast from test skates (junior). Geoblocked yeah probably so be prepared ;)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Well I guess they heard you guys moaning from a far (j/k). There will be a broadcast from test skates (junior). Geoblocked yeah probably so be prepared ;)

That’s great news, except geoblock, of course. Heh.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
That’s great news, except geoblock, of course. Heh.

I hope there will be some free stream for ice dance and pairs (men and ladies are the next week when I have a holiday so can use VPN that time).

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Looking forward to seeing Kutovoi again :rock: If I can get around the geoblock of course...

Oh wait, does that mean junior boys test skates is in September instead of August?

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Looking forward to seeing Kutovoi again :rock: If I can get around the geoblock of course...

Oh wait, does that mean junior boys test skates is in September instead of August?

No..August 18-19.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

:yahoo: great news! but is it september or august? anyway our withdrawal is about to end :dance3: