2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Aww, noooo... I was hoping for something new to look at :drama: it’s a bad sign they are not televising the test skates, they might not stream the cup then either, as I hoped...

I think it's more about the restriction rules in Novogorsk than just the decision "not to televize anything", so I hope the russian internal competitions (esp. if they should replace cancelled international competitions) will be broadcasted.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I think it's more about the restriction rules in Novogorsk than just the decision "not to televize anything", so I hope the russian internal competitions (esp. if they should replace cancelled international competitions) will be broadcasted.

Fingers crossed and toes too. Safety comes first, obviously, but if they can do it, I will be really happy.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well it seems like the main team plus Kolyada (maybe others) and local foreigners will be at Rostelecom, so that's something. This will have a broadcast.

Now let's see what Kogan's alphabet plan looks like.

Also Senior test skates have been confirmed for Sept 12-13. First they go to Novogorsk then to Megasport Arena, open format as before.
https://tass.ru/sport/9120379

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Great, thank you for the heads up.

Edit: wait, open? Do they mean with spectators? Maybe not the best idea rn

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why of course they want them open with the public, but I think there is a ban on holding mass events so....

Gorshkov: we are waiting for confirmation of the regions about their readiness to accept the stages of the RC

The Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKKR) is awaiting confirmation from the leadership of the country's regions about their readiness to hold the stages of the Russian Cup, the president of the organization, Alexander Gorshkov, told RIA Novosti.

The International Skating Union (ISU) has decided to hold a series of Grand Prix with restrictions. Earlier, the Honorary President of the FFKKR Valentin Piseev expressed the opinion that in this regard the role of the Russian Cup is increasing, at the stages of which the leading figure skaters of the country are expected to participate.

“We are working on the calendar of the Russian Cup stages, but we need regional leaders to confirm that they are ready to host these competitions. Today the question is still with Krasnoyarsk, because it is very far away. The possibility of reducing the risk for athletes due to flights is being considered ", - said Gorshkov over the phone.
https://rsport.ria.ru/20200805/1575392682.html

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Again, thank you for the update! Gosh, you are doing a spectacular job keeping up with the news :agree:

zounger

Medalist
I heard Gumenik got 97/100 in Chemistry exam. I cannot but congratulate him for his academic results. This are serious results that can open him the door to whatever school he likes. Best wishes for his skating season too.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
New edition of "World of figure skating" released

In the July issue, you can read about how the members of the Russian national team trained in self-isolation. (Makar, Dmitri and Artur)

What do coaches think about trying to introduce and then suspend amendments to existing rules (Davydenko, Rukavitsyn)

What is the secret of the success of the Perm pair skating school, as well as remember the brightest moments of the past season in synchronized skating.

I've noted above whose interview you will find as it relates to this thread. Well as always, google translate is your friend.

(PDF): https://www.fsrussia.ru/files/mfk_magazine/wfk_22_2020.pdf

klena

On the Ice
I heard Gumenik got 97/100 in Chemistry exam. I cannot but congratulate him for his academic results. This are serious results that can open him the door to whatever school he likes. Best wishes for his skating season too.

He also got 98/100 in Russian language and waiting for biology results. Petr is going to enter a medical university. Our russian Nathan Chen :thumbsup::)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No :) just haven’t heard of him in a while, but I‘ve checked his fanfest now :)

Well yeah, I have a couple of fanfest and some I update for pleasure and I don't usually publish their stuff in the main threads :biggrin: :slink:

Artemisa

Final Flight
one question .. if you can't go to GP for some reason ... probably it's better for all the skaters go to the russian cup? or are any skaters safe?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
one question .. if you can't go to GP for some reason ... probably it's better for all the skaters go to the russian cup? or are any skaters safe?

From my understanding, all skaters need to go to the Cups to qualify to Nationals. The "GP" this year won't get you anything.