2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's great! I'm glad Daineko's group finally gets to skate again :)

Do you know if the Moscow rinks are open yet?

Open for a while. Mid June for the national team members and for mostly everyone else June 23rd. They have to limit the amount of athletes on the ice but most of them except the very small children are back on the ice.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexander Kogan: “We will not cancel the junior control rentals. Athletes need practice "
The Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKKR) did not cancel the rentals of the junior team, despite the decision of the International Skating Union (ISU) not to hold the junior Grand Prix series next season. This was announced to TASS by the General Director of the FFKKR Alexander Kogan.

On Monday, ISU announced the cancellation of the Junior Grand Prix series for the next season. The organization said in a statement that the competition could be held at a later date.

"We will not cancel the rentals, they determine not only the readiness for the competition. This is a stage-by-stage control over the preparation of athletes, everything that we have planned, we will try to do in full, because athletes need this practice," said Kogan. "In a closed mode at the base in Novogorsk every year junior skates are held by type - dances, couples, and then single skating, this time everything will be the same, skating will end on August 19 with singles' performances."
https://tass.ru/sport/9018593

Kogan: FFKKR has developed action plans in case of cancellation of the junior GP
The Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKKR) has developed various action plans in case of cancellation of international competitions, FFKKR Director General Alexander Kogan told RIA Novosti.

The International Skating Union (ISU) announced on Monday the cancellation of the 2020/21 Junior Grand Prix series due to the difficult situation associated with travel restrictions in the world due to the coronavirus pandemic. The decision to hold the adult Grand Prix series will be made on 3 August.

"We have all plans in place in case of cancellation of both the Junior Grand Prix and other competitions. You can say that we have plans for all occasions. It's not just about plan A or plan B, but also about C, D but I will reveal them only when there is a decision on the stages of the adult Grand Prix, "Kogan said by phone.
https://rsport.ria.ru/20200721/1574662872.html

Piseev: RC stages need to be brought to another level if there is a problem with GP
The organization of the Russian Cup stages should be brought to a higher level in order to receive the country's strongest skaters in case of problems with the Grand Prix stages, Honorary President of the Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKKR) Valentin Piseev told RIA Novosti .

The International Skating Union (ISU) announced on Monday the cancellation of the 2020/21 Junior Grand Prix series due to the difficult situation associated with travel restrictions in the world due to the coronavirus pandemic. The decision to hold the adult Grand Prix series will be made on 3 August.

“Of course, in such conditions, we need to prepare in order to hold competitions among juniors and adults inside the country. Yes, we hope that the stages of the (adult) Grand Prix will take place, but it is necessary to prepare reserve options. Naturally, the stages of the Russian Cup should be brought to a higher level in all parameters, including a stronger than usual composition of participants. We need such an organization of starts for the Cup of the country to feel the serious significance of the tournament, "Piseev said by phone.

“In this regard, it may be necessary to clarify the location of the Cup stages, taking into account the performance of the country's strongest figure skaters,” the agency's source added.
https://rsport.ria.ru/20200721/1574663173.html

removof

On the Ice
If i understand the best foreigns figure skaters can to participate at the rusians competitions?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If i understand the best foreigns figure skaters can to participate at the rusians competitions?

No. Cup events are qualifications to nationals. Very few of their own Russian top skaters compete here since a lot of them have automatic entry into nationals if they compete at a JGP or GP event. Now the JGP has been cancelled (GP not looking good), those skaters have to compete somewhere and qualify to Nationals somehow. So if their top skaters compete at the cup events, they are hoping it will increase the significance of the events. There also needs to be some system in place to kinda even out the fields as well because some of the events like Cup III and IV last season can be lopsided in the strength of the competitors. One cup event 2 years ago had 3 senior men competing. So I hope they spread out the fields.

There is no mentioning at all of allowing foreign skaters to compete at these events and usually when they do, their scores/placements are not apart of the final standings meaning they compete out of competition and only for feedback.

ETA: same is true of events labeled All-Russian. Belarus is planning on holding competitions for foreigners so that's always an option.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
There is no mentioning at all of allowing foreign skaters to compete at these events and usually when they do, their scores/placements are not apart of the final standings meaning they compete out of competition and only for feedback.

Still better than having no competitive experience at all for at least half of the season, I guess. If they do allow it, it could be especially useful for those foreign skaters from small feds who don't have much domestic competition. Maybe the guys who train in Russia (e.g. Kvitelashvili) or those from some European countries that might have less travel restrictions. Even without being scored, it could help raise their spirits and keep them motivated.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Still better than having no competitive experience at all for at least half of the season, I guess. If they do allow it, it could be especially useful for those foreign skaters from small feds who don't have much domestic competition. Maybe the guys who train in Russia (e.g. Kvitelashvili) or those from some European countries that might have less travel restrictions. Even without being scored, it could help raise their spirits and keep them motivated.

But this shouldn't be a concern of the Russian Fed at all......:slink: JMO.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
But this shouldn't be a concern of the Russian Fed at all......:slink: JMO.

Of course, they aren't obliged to. I was thinking rather that they might consider it in the spirit of altruism (or positive publicity), like how they did English broadcasts of Nationals last year.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Of course, they aren't obliged to. I was thinking rather that they might consider it in the spirit of altruism (or positive publicity), like how they did English broadcasts of Nationals last year.

But so far, neither Gorshkov or Kogan have even brought it up. I think their main concern are their own skaters.

Kogan said more about the calendar (or his entire alphabet of ideas) will be known after Aug 3rd (I guess when they cancel SA, if not the entire series). The "insider" said there will be "special challengers" (this is in post #1), if true, foreign skaters can compete there. Now we wait to see what the calendar looks like but I still think for qualification events the RusFed (or any country) shouldn't be concerned at all with allowing foreigners to compete at these events.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well while we're bored, let's enjoy Makar, Dima, and Sasha practice at Kislovodsk. Programs were revealed, it seems. It's broadcasting live now. It's about an hr long, so enjoy!

https://youtu.be/3zN8kFkQFtw

So far, I see Makar has "Je suis malade" by Francesco Di Cello (FP). They actually list the program on the screen! LOL

ETA: Makar also has "I can't go on without you" by Kaleo (SP)

Samarin FP
"'Keeping me alive" by Jonathan Roy. Previously known.

Dmitri FP
"SOS d'un terrien en detresse" by Dimash

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Well while we're bored, let's enjoy Makar, Dima, and Sasha practice at Kislovodsk. Programs were revealed, it seems. It's broadcasting live now. It's about an hr long, so enjoy!

So far, I see Makar has "Je suis malade" by Francesco Di Cello (FP). They actually list the program on the screen! LOL

Samarin FP

Dmitri FP

at least in the pandemic season they could have ditched je suis malade...:laugh:

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand

Samarin FP

Dmitri FP

Wondering if anyone could provide a rough translation of what Rukavicin was saying to Aliev approximately 23-28 minutes into the video? I saw what looked like a RBO-entry back twizzle used as a toeloop training exercise, and heard some words that sounded like 'contrast' and 'radius' (?)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For those who have missed Rukhin, he's at work today with Tarasova.
https://m.vk.com/wall-77467403_27688?from=feed

And Vetlugin was added to the national team a few days ago.
https://m.vk.com/wall-118768737_116977
So he may be at test skates. But I hear that Novogorsk has been covid compromised. The hockey team left poste haste. Not sure if they were at the rink or not, or if they tested positive but never left their rooms :slink:

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
For those who have missed Rukhin, he's at work today with Tarasova.
https://m.vk.com/wall-77467403_27688?from=feed

And Vetlugin was added to the national team a few days ago.
https://m.vk.com/wall-118768737_116977
So he may be at test skates. But I hear that Novogorsk has been covid compromised. The hockey team left poste haste. Not sure if they were at the rink or not, or if they tested positive but never left their rooms :slink:

What do you mean, Covid compromised?

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Glad to hear about Vetlugin! I remember he landed a 4T at a domestic competition early this year - perhaps a sign that he's getting over his growth spurt.

Could Kislovodsk be an alternative option if Novogorsk can't be (re)certified Covid-free in time for test skates?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Glad to hear about Vetlugin! I remember he landed a 4T at a domestic competition early this year - perhaps a sign that he's getting over his growth spurt.

Could Kislovodsk be an alternative option if Novogorsk can't be (re)certified Covid-free in time for test skates?

They have time. They just need to disinfect the rooms they were in and the rink. I don't think the infected players and staff made it to the rink but the others did and were eventually pulled and tested a couple of days ago, so far they are fine. There are 3 rinks, 1 completely separated from the rest with its own amenities so hopefully they were in that one.

I don't know if it's Vetlugin growth spurt or his technique that was the problem. He doesn't have the best jumps so we will see how he looks this year.