2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Well while we're bored, let's enjoy Makar, Dima, and Sasha practice at Kislovodsk. Programs were revealed, it seems. It's broadcasting live now. It's about an hr long, so enjoy!

https://youtu.be/3zN8kFkQFtw

So far, I see Makar has "Je suis malade" by Francesco Di Cello (FP). They actually list the program on the screen! LOL

ETA: Makar also has "I can't go on without you" by Kaleo (SP)

Samarin FP
"'Keeping me alive" by Jonathan Roy. Previously known.

Dmitri FP
"SOS d'un terrien en detresse" by Dimash

Good progress from Ignatov on the quad loop. Is it me or Aliev looked a little out of shape compared to others?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well if we remember, Aliev has been off the ice longer than any other Russian guy. He left for NY to get ready for Worlds, had it cancelled on him mid week, then had to quarantine when he returned to Russia for 2 weeks. Russia shut down practices in St. Petersburg right at the end of his 2 week quarantine to boot. So he was off the ice for about 3 weeks longer than the St. Petersburg guys and 2 weeks longer than the guys in Moscow. Cut him a break.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Well if we remember, Aliev has been off the ice longer than any other Russian guy. He left for NY to get ready for Worlds, had it cancelled on him mid week, then had to quarantine when he returned to Russia for 2 weeks. So he was off the ice for about 3 weeks longer. Cut him a break.

Ikr. It sucks. And he was doing really well last season. I hope he’s able to prepare well for test skates and make it to worlds again

Artemisa

Final Flight
Well if we remember, Aliev has been off the ice longer than any other Russian guy. He left for NY to get ready for Worlds, had it cancelled on him mid week, then had to quarantine when he returned to Russia for 2 weeks. Russia shut down practices in St. Petersburg right at the end of his 2 week quarantine to boot. So he was off the ice for about 3 weeks longer than the St. Petersburg guys and 2 weeks longer than the guys in Moscow. Cut him a break.

Even with that the biggest problem with aliev is stamina ... and he is a long runner not a sprinter in time of preparation

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Vladimir Samoilov SP
Exogenesis part 3 by Muse. I think both programs are going to be choreographed by N. Mikhailov.
https://twitter.com/Vladimir___99/status/1288914578609504256?s=20

Mark Kondratiuk, piece of one program
The Dark Tenor "After the nightmare" choreo N. Mikhailov.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDRORNHovBj/?igshid=h8bofl8h6c8
Also, congratulations and good luck to Mark. Tomorrow he will have the opening of his first solo art exhibition in Moscow on display for about a week! So exciting for a 16 yo! Good luck! P.S. this videographer is really good.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
remember, children, if you skate to other parts of Exogenesis or another Muse song you'll get bald:biggrin:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Voronov, Kolyada and Kovtun would like a word with you :laugh:

Kolyada wasn't exogenesis and Voronov was the same part 3.

The only one who tried part 2 is Kovtun, although to me part 1 could work well for a SP.

I'm rooting for Makar because he is so cute and handsome

I hope he'll train his spins tho, last season with that level 1 sit spin in the free. lol

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
OK, Tutberidze girls circle broken, will we see Tutberidze boys now? :biggrin:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDWXON4JEg_/

If you mean just the young boys in that photo, all around Samsonov's height or shorter, then probably yes, judging from historical trends with Sambo-70 men. The only guy I'm (almost) certain will stay put is Kvitelashvili.

On a side note, what I like about the Russian men is that there isn't one school that dominates, so it's always suspenseful during competitions :biggrin: There are so many promising young men, all with different styles: from Mishin's guys with their telegraphed-but-textbook jumps and choreo/costumes that are so terrible they become cult classics, to Daineko's youngsters with wonderful projection who look like they've just walked onto the ice from a ballet studio... If you take the two main senior rivals this season, Samarin and Aliev, they're polar opposites in style yet both have interesting qualities to watch.

Compared to the ladies, there is less interpersonal drama with Russian men, which makes things more or less interesting depending on one's tastes. Speaking for myself, the only sort of tea I like is the relaxing kind :coffee:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, is Mark an artist in his spare time?

Yes, he's been running a studio (successfully) for about 2 or so years. Has collaboration with other artists and had his work displayed in various places around the World. Yesterday he had his first solo show in the middle of Moscow.

Here's his Instagram https://www.instagram.com/ninety.ninth/
He has some pictures of yesterday's opening in his stories and more on his feed.
Can't imagine how he combines that with skating and school.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If you mean just the young boys in that photo, all around Samsonov's height or shorter, then probably yes, judging from historical trends with Sambo-70 men. The only guy I'm (almost) certain will stay put is Kvitelashvili.

On a side note, what I like about the Russian men is that there isn't one school that dominates, so it's always suspenseful during competitions :biggrin: There are so many promising young men, all with different styles: from Mishin's guys with their telegraphed-but-textbook jumps and choreo/costumes that are so terrible they become cult classics, to Daineko's youngsters with wonderful projection who look like they've just walked onto the ice from a ballet studio... If you take the two main senior rivals this season, Samarin and Aliev, they're polar opposites in style yet both have interesting qualities to watch.

Compared to the ladies, there is less interpersonal drama with Russian men, which makes things more or less interesting depending on one's tastes. Speaking for myself, the only sort of tea I like is the relaxing kind :coffee:

Yes, thankfully there is no monopoly with the men and many different styles exist for everyone's taste.

I don't want to make any guesses with the guys from Tutberidze. Just to wish them and the rest of Team Russia luck and health.

Test skates are still on. Junior boys should be in a little over 2 weeks. Not to sure if there will be a feed like last time. We shall see......

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Yes, thankfully there is no monopoly with the men and many different styles exist for everyone's taste.

I don't want to make any guesses with the guys from Tutberidze. Just to wish them and the rest of Team Russia luck and health.

Test skates are still on. Junior boys should be in a little over 2 weeks. Not to sure if there will be a feed like last time. We shall see......

I sure hope so! The increased online access to Russian skating last season was great, all the way from test skates to Junior Nationals. But of course, they have to do what is necessary to keep Novogorsk clean this year.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I sure hope so! The increased online access to Russian skating last season was great, all the way from test skates to Junior Nationals. But of course, they have to do what is necessary to keep Novogorsk clean this year.

Judging from some skaters' photos it doesn't seem like anyone is worried about catching covid. At least practice social distance but no.......:slink: