2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, right. I misinterpreted it from this interview, where he said he trained at Yubileiny for a while: https://www.insideskating.net/2019/...prodigy-andrei-kutovoi-dreams-of-the-olympics

So rather, I suppose Daineko herself was at Yubileiny before she moved to the Moskvina club and Kutovoi was with her at both rinks...

Right but Daineko moved with Moskvina as they both coached at Yubileiny until Moskvina got her very own school. Kutovoi left 2 summers ago to try for Eteri but never made it and just chilled at CSKA for the year before moving back to Daineko. But yes, she has been his coach for a long time.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Agree about Danielian. I guess I forgot about him (which is sad because he is one of my favorites). He really does have great lines. His SS are also good if not quite exceptional. However, I can't say that I think Gumennik has impressive posture or lines (he did as tiny junior, but the growth came quickly and I don't think he has adjusted yet). Kutovoi is certainly an adorable performer but I wasn't overly impressed by his posture or lines. I will rewatch his performance to see if I change my mind. I will also take a look at Vetlugin's skating. I can't recall seeing him perform.

Really? I think Gumennik has some of the best posture and lines. He has a strong back and nice arms, I think much better than he did when he was little. I also think Andrei has one of the best landing positions in the field. And Vetlugin has a very ugly air/head position in his jumps, his neck just wobbles all over the place which is very distracting and makes him inconsistent, a shame because the rest of his skating is lovely.

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Right but Daineko moved with Moskvina as they both coached at Yubileiny until Moskvina got her very own school. Kutovoi left 2 summers ago to try for Eteri but never made it and just chilled at CSKA for the year before moving back to Daineko. But yes, she has been his coach for a long time.

He tried for Eteri? Oof they missed out on a lot. Daniil would have had another scarce person who actually did his choreo well

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Also have you seen this? Andrei’s 3A[emoji7] beautiful and rotated too. I was worried he’d be unprepared for test skates cause he only gets a couple of weeks to prepare (I assume he’s going cause he’s on the reserve list) and here he is with a triple axel, what, 5 days after getting back on the ice [emoji28]
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDYK_tbDIeB/?igshid=1gflnjlm71kpz

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
He tried for Eteri? Oof they missed out on a lot. Daniil would have had another scarce person who actually did his choreo well

I'm glad he didn't end up with either Mishin or Tutberidze, i don't think it would have worked.

While with Marina Selitskaia at CSKA maybe, i'm surprised they didn't try for another season there. Anyway i think his current coaching team is probably the best he could get in Russia, so i hope he stays there.

Really? I think Gumennik has some of the best posture and lines. He has a strong back and nice arms, I think much better than he did when he was little. I also think Andrei has one of the best landing positions in the field. And Vetlugin has a very ugly air/head position in his jumps, his neck just wobbles all over the place which is very distracting and makes him inconsistent, a shame because the rest of his skating is lovely.

Yeah Vetlugin's technique is soo swingy, legs need to be tighter, i don't see it going well considering it's already giving him problems with triple jumps, imagine with the quads.

He can fix it, but needs some jump technician and extensive work on jumps.

Agreed on Gumennik and Kutovoi.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
And Vetlugin has a very ugly air/head position in his jumps, his neck just wobbles all over the place which is very distracting and makes him inconsistent, a shame because the rest of his skating is lovely.

Yep, kid's main issue is aerodynamics... It's weird how the neck/shoulder carriage displayed in his footwork just vanishes when he gets into the air. :hopelessness: Also he often takes off with the hips twisted out of line with the rest of the body.

readernick

Medalist

I went back and watched the junior men mentioned. I am still unimpressed by Gummenik's current posture and lines. However, Kutovoi is certainly a standout in his lines/posture. I don't know why I didn't notice this previously. I may have been so distracted by how little and cute he is. Vetlugin certainly has a lot of potential but there is a lot of sloppiness in his positions at many points throughout the program.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I went back and watched the junior men mentioned. I am still unimpressed by Gummenik's current posture and lines. However, Kutovoi is certainly a standout in his lines/posture. I don't know why I didn't notice this previously. I may have been so distracted by how little and cute he is. Vetlugin certainly has a lot of potential but there is a lot of sloppiness in his positions at many points throughout the program.

:laugh: and those are my only 3 Russian men with good posture and line, Kolyada, Danielian and Kutovoi :biggrin: the rest can do better :confused2: although Vetlugin is quite pretty to me.....

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
I don't know why I didn't notice this previously. I may have been so distracted by how little and cute he is.

A totally justifiable reason :laugh:

On the bright side, I think/hope the junior boys will tidy themselves up a bit given enough time. Call me a heretic maybe, but I found Yuzuru Hanyu looked like a flailing noodle until about 2015-ish, when his jumps stabilised and he paid more attention to other stuff.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
oh no! i was looking forward to this to get at least some new skates! they could have allowed at least tv

Which is funny considering Channel 1 was there when the skaters first arrived in Novogorsk. Otherwise how did they get that footage of TeamEteri on the ice, Kostornaia's interview and the boys in the cafeteria? :confused:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Which is funny considering Channel 1 was there when the skaters first arrived in Novogorsk. Otherwise how did they get that footage of TeamEteri on the ice, Kostornaia's interview and the boys in the cafeteria? :confused:

maybe they feel the juniors might not be that ready and don't want them to look bad on tv?:think: i'm not good as a conspiracy theorist:laugh:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
maybe they feel the juniors might not be that ready and don't want them to look bad on tv?:think: i'm not good as a conspiracy theorist:laugh:

If they didn't feel they were going to be ready, it would have been ideal to push back the date, or not have it at all and just visit the skaters' rink and provide them with feedback.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand

Not to mention that almost hour-long feature with the Rukavicin/Sokolovskaya's skaters at Kislovodsk :(

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not to mention that almost hour-long feature with the Rukavicin/Sokolovskaya's skaters at Kislovodsk :(

Not to mention, they were there with Tukt too. I just think since the JGP were cancelled, it would have been best to cancel this as well instead of asking unprepared skaters, some who just got back on the ice, to show programs that are more than likely not ready.

IndiaP12

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand

?? Is that recent footage?