2020 Juniors moving to Senior | Golden Skate

2020 Juniors moving to Senior

haribobo

On the Ice
Which juniors do you expect to move up? I am interested both in international and nationally within the US system heading towards Nationals. Usually by now the GP and JGP assignments would give us a clue about international movements. :/

ruga

Final Flight
Kseniia Sinitsyna from Russia and Haein Lee from Korea are two of the most promising ladies that will be age eligible this season.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Shun Sato and Yuma Kagiyama are moving up. Also, Haein Lee I think.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I think Tomoe Kawabata might move up given that she medalled at senior nationals.

Andrei Mozalev, Artur Danielian and Petr Gumennik are all listed on the senior team, as are P/R and P/P.

K/R were preparing all season to move into seniors. But I reckon that they could return for junior worlds (with the age adjustment)

Also C/Y and RB/H age out of junior ice dance.
{Edit: Perhaps they do not, if we have a season then I'd like to see what happens}

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... K/R were preparing all season to move into seniors. But I reckon that they could return for junior worlds (with the age adjustment)
Also C/Y and RB/H age out of junior ice dance.

But Cesanek/Yehorov also have the option of staying junior internationally, for the same reason that you already referenced for Kazakova/Reviya (the ISU extension allowing 2019-20 junior dancers to stay junior an extra year).

afaik, C/Y have said nothing either way re junior or senior for 2020-21.
(They also could stay junior domestically, as USFS does not have age maximums for junior.)

Or does C/Y stand for a different couple from Cesanek/Yehorov??

ETA:

The option to stay junior would have applied also to (Rose) Brown/Hernandez (if they are who you mean?), but I see that they are committed to moving up to senior.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1386050484917831&id=903441466512071&__tn__=-R (Jun 25)​

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
But Cesanek/Yehorov also have the option of staying junior internationally, for the same reason that you already referenced for Kazakova/Reviya (the ISU extension allowing 2019-20 junior dancers to stay junior an extra year).

afaik, C/Y have said nothing either way re junior or senior for 2020-21.
(They also could stay junior domestically, as USFS does not have age maximums for junior.)

ETA:

The option to stay junior would have applied also to (Rose) Brown/Hernandez (if they are who you mean?), but I see that they are committed to moving up to senior.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1386050484917831 (Jun 25)​

Hmm, as it says upper age limits I thought it just applied to the male ice dancers. I got the info from the 20-21 skating season on wiki, where it says junior males in ice dance: Born between July 1, 1998 and June 30, 2007

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hmm, as it says upper age limits I thought it just applied to the male ice dancers. I got the info from the 20-21 skating season on wiki, where it says junior males in ice dance: Born between July 1, 1998 and June 30, 2007

My interpretation is that the ISU phrasing of "upper age limits" refers to the limits for both genders.

I don't consider Wikipedia a foolproof source.
But I can't exclude the possibility that your interpretation -- which never had occurred to me -- could be correct.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I agree with you about the foolproofness.
Maybe it does indeed refer to both. I've edited my earlier post to include the doubts I now have :)

Anyway, I'm quite excited to see how the programs will be updated if couples do choose to stay junior. Junior Ice Dance is one of my favourite categories!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I agree with you about the foolproofness.
Maybe it does indeed refer to both. I've edited my earlier post to include the doubts I now have :) ...

Mini-update re Cesanek/Yehorov: Their Instagram posts yesterday refer to turning senior.

ETA:
Oops, sorry :hopelessness:, I see now that Molly already had said earlier that they are turning senior.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAJBwlSJOrf/ (May 13)​

Although if (?) the ISU wording for 2020-21 does mean that they still would be eligible for junior worlds, I wonder whether they would be interested in reviving their old Tea Time Foxtrot RD at that time -- after competing a new Finnstep RD at 2020-21 senior events.

... Anyway, I'm quite excited to see how the programs will be updated if couples do choose to stay junior. Junior Ice Dance is one of my favourite categories!

:agree: Junior dance has become one of my favorites too.

Resa

On the Ice
I guess Kazakova/Revya will move up? Does anybody know?

- - - Updated - - -

What about Nastya Tarakanova? She is 16 years old. Russia wouldn't put her on the JGP.

I think if she will continue skating (fingers crossed), she would want to move up