Allison Reed & Saulius Ambrulevicius move to Ice Academy of Montreal | Golden Skate

Allison Reed & Saulius Ambrulevicius move to Ice Academy of Montreal

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Allison Reed & Saulius Ambrulevicius move to Ice Academy of Montreal

Allison and Saulius both announced on their respective Instagram accounts that they are relocating to train at the Ice Academy of Montreal, they had previously been mainly coached (and choreographed) by Marina Zueva, with choreography also from Massimo Scali.

Allison's Post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CCY7JhbJil0/
Saulius' Post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CCY7JX2A-4T/?igshid=1ayufbrpphi0l

I really enjoyed their free dance last season, it was edgy and unique; hopefully they can keep their unique vibe, as well as developing further as a team and progressing up the ice dance ranks, with this move to Montreal.

heartyxo

On the Ice
Did NOT expect that. Marina & Igor really not lucking out recently :eeking:

I know IAM get criticism for taking so many teams but I do think they're good with up-and-coming small fed teams (Fear/Gibson, Wang/Liu etc. etc.). In fact, the only teams I don't know if they've been good for are S/F (who have now left) and H/B- both number 3-4 in their country with a couple of the teams above them there too. I think & hope this move will work out. Their AURORA FD was one of my favourites.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Good luck to Allison and Saulius! I hope that they can achieve their goals in Montreal.

I thought they were making really good strides under Zueva and would receive more attention coaching wise.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Did NOT expect that. Marina & Igor really not lucking out recently :eeking:

I know IAM get criticism for taking so many teams but I do think they're good with up-and-coming small fed teams (Fear/Gibson, Wang/Liu etc. etc.). In fact, the only teams I don't know if they've been good for are S/F (who have now left) and H/B- both number 3-4 in their country with a couple of the teams above them there too. I think & hope this move will work out. Their AURORA FD was one of my favourites.

i agree with your overall statement about SF... perhaps even HB to a lesser degree... but Igor has nothing to do with Marina anymore... if I am not mistaken, they coach their separate ways.. and it's been quite a while

heartyxo

On the Ice
i agree with your overall statement about SF... perhaps even HB to a lesser degree... but Igor has nothing to do with Marina anymore... if I am not mistaken, they coach their separate ways.. and it's been quite a while

I’m aware :) Sorry if it sounded like I was associating them, that was definitely not the intention!

FlyingFeather

On the Ice
*Sigh* I always loved the choreography for Marina's teams. Looks like I won't be seeing much of it whenever next season commences. Which teams does she have left? I am surprised since the Reeds have such a long history with Zueva. I wonder how much of the move was for better coaching and how much was for better political connections? I guess it's not my place to conjecture. Anyway, I hope it works out well for R/A!

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
*Sigh* I always loved the choreography for Marina's teams. Looks like I won't be seeing much of it whenever next season commences. Which teams does she have left? I am surprised since the Reeds have such a long history with Zueva. I wonder how much of the move was for better coaching and how much was for better political connections? I guess it's not my place to conjecture. Anyway, I hope it works out well for R/A!
It’s also conceivable that with current conditions they’d rather not train in Florida.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Best of luck to them! I think the teams that tend to thrive at IAM are ones that either come in with a strong identity or are able to build one quickly, and after last season Reed/Ambrulevicius definitely count as a 'strong identity' team for me. I'll be interested to see how they build on that. :)

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
*Sigh* I always loved the choreography for Marina's teams. Looks like I won't be seeing much of it whenever next season commences. Which teams does she have left?

Muramoto/Takahashi, Tarasova/Morozov, Wagret/Pierre Souquet-Basiege and Nikolova/Ayers.

She also coached Kelly/Akalin so Akalin could possibly continue with another partner in Florida.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I forgot what country they skate for. I wish them well. the Reed family must have a lot of money to fund the search for olympic glory - and I mean even just competing.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Assumptions should not be made about the Reed family (parents) incomes or the amount of money they do or don't have to spend on their children's skating. Last known, their father Bob was in sales. Also, the Federations help pay for things, post 2010 elite careers for the skaters in question.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Does Alison have Lithuanian citizenship? I remember Isabella Tobias and the challenges she had obtaining citizenship in time for the Olympics.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Does Alison have Lithuanian citizenship? I remember Isabella Tobias and the challenges she had obtaining citizenship in time for the Olympics.

Not sure. I know back in 2010 when she was competing with Japaridze for Georgia, she got her Georgia Passport only a month before the Games.

oly2018

Final Flight
Hmmm, I hope they find whatever they are looking for. Just hope they don't lose their uniqueness. I enjoyed watching them the last two season because they offered something different. Especially when 3/4 of an event were coached and choreographed by the same camp.

peepsquick

Final Flight
Montreal might be victim of its success but I really appreciate that they try to draw the uniqueness out of their skaters. All the pairs are encouraged to work on their style according to skills and own vision. I don't see cookie-cutters dances coming out of the school. They might not all be successful but they all have their own flair imo.
I also think that the big draw to IAM is the efficient but friendly training atmosphere. I hope that they don't loose that particular feature.