Risport sizing problem | Golden Skate

Risport sizing problem

thesoundofice

Rinkside
Hi everyone,
I've got a weird question but your answers might be very helpful for me.
Is there anyone that can tell me the actual insole/footbed measurement of a Risport boot in sizes 225 and 260?
I need new skates but can't go to a pro shop at the moment for a number of reasons.
The only option I've got is to buy them online.
I know that buying boots without trying them on it's not a great idea, so I'm trying to minimize the risks by asking this question.
I'm currently in Edeas size 255 with 9 3/4 inches blades and it's perfect. I checked Risport charts and noticed that 9 3/4 (9,75) inches blades are paired with boots in size 260. So I guess Risport 260 might be Edea 255?!?
Risport in 255 require a 9.5 blade which is shorter, as shorter might be the boot.
I contacted an online shop and we're trying to figure out which size could fit me best.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi everyone,
I've got a weird question but your answers might be very helpful for me.
Is there anyone that can tell me the actual insole/footbed measurement of a Risport boot in sizes 225 and 260?
I need new skates but can't go to a pro shop at the moment for a number of reasons.
The only option I've got is to buy them online.
I know that buying boots without trying them on it's not a great idea, so I'm trying to minimize the risks by asking this question.
I'm currently in Edeas size 255 with 9 3/4 inches blades and it's perfect. I checked Risport charts and noticed that 9 3/4 (9,75) inches blades are paired with boots in size 260. So I guess Risport 260 might be Edea 255?!?
Risport in 255 require a 9.5 blade which is shorter, as shorter might be the boot.
I contacted an online shop and we're trying to figure out which size could fit me best.

Normally, I'd be your go to for things Risport since I was one of the only here to wear them and know them well. But in this case, I'm going to suggest to reaching out to Risport themselves on this.

SmallAminal

On the Ice
I agree with Ic3Rabbit - see if you can get some technical help from Risport directly. FWIW, the boot shape is different, so the blade sizes won't match to the boot sizes. For reference my kid went from Risport RF Pro to Edea Concerto and had to go a size BIGGER in the Edea (235 to 240) so it may be model specific. Also note that the toe box may be shaped differently, which can impact how each one fits and you may end up a different size as a result. Maybe if you can also trace your feet and take pictures the Risport folks can give better feedback.

It's really hard to deal with new skates now when you can't always do it in person (or don't want to risk it).

thesoundofice

Rinkside
Thanks for your answers.
I've already contacted Risport and also an online shop. The shop agreed to send me the boots in two different sizes so I can try them on. I can't go to a pro shop since I'm quite busy at the moment.
Unfortunately, my usual vacation time coincided with the lockdown period this year. So it was impossible for me to go to a pro shop, which is not exactly around the corner :(

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thanks for your answers.
I've already contacted Risport and also an online shop. The shop agreed to send me the boots in two different sizes so I can try them on. I can't go to a pro shop since I'm quite busy at the moment.
Unfortunately, my usual vacation time coincided with the lockdown period this year. So it was impossible for me to go to a pro shop, which is not exactly around the corner :(

I'd seriously wait for an answer from Risport.