Savchenko - 3A and 4T with Harness | Golden Skate

Savchenko - 3A and 4T with Harness

Fried

Final Flight
Yes, that's awesome and almost unbelievable for a young mother. I just looked again at what this woman has already achieved and was reminded of the discussion in the Russian Ladies Thread, where it is outraged that Alyona Kostornaia has not yet signed a sponsorship contract. This question could have been asked much earlier here. It is significant that a sponsor did not even report after winning the Olympic gold. Oh well. Figure skating unfortunately lacks popularity.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
She's such a boss! Seriously, harness or not, it's amazing that she is able to do a 3A, given her age and the fact that she (relatively) recently had a baby!

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Not just for pairs, but across ALL of the disciplines, I think she has to be one of the greatest competitors of all times.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Amazing! At least to my untrained (with regard to harnesses but not physics) eye, it didn't even look like she was getting that much help from the harness.

Side-by-side 3A in her future maybe? :biggrin:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i find it funny however that amber glenn's thread about her landed 3A without any help has like 2-3 posts, yet this one is collecting so much attention ... yes, savchenko is a queen and a beast... but with the foot help she got on the harness, she is far far away from landing a 3A of the quality amber got. shows to me how this sport remains a reputation sport.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
i find it funny however that amber glenn's thread about her landed 3A without any help has like 2-3 posts, yet this one is collecting so much attention ... yes, savchenko is a queen and a beast... but with the foot help she got on the harness, she is far far away from landing a 3A of the quality amber got. shows to me how this sport remains a reputation sport.

Honestly this post is finding comparisons and criticisms where there aren't any. Firstly, over on reddit there were loads of posts applauding amber's achievement and it is amazing that she is landing it unaided, and so unexpectedly. I really hope she can nail it in competition.

However Amber is young, expected to be at the peak of her career and trained. Aljona however is nearly in her 40s (twice the age of the best skaters at the moment) and has had A BABY which significantly impacts upon your fitness. The fact she is able to put on skates at this stage (her child is only 10 months old for gods sake) is impressive enough, never mind be challenging herself to master elements she wasn't trying at the top of her game.

Finally, Aljona is an olympic champion. I think her "reputation" is well-deserved.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I wonder how much having a baby affect the body.
Miki Ando jumped this big 3-3 and 3lz at 26yo, 8 months after giving birth.
https://youtu.be/rhAxIfLtshc And competed at a CS just 5 months after the birth.
And Zoe Jones returned to competition in pairs at 36yo after having babies.

Honestly i think Aliona Savchenko will never land a 3A. Not even a 3lz or a 3F if she comes back. But it's fun to see her try.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Honestly this post is finding comparisons and criticisms where there aren't any. Firstly, over on reddit there were loads of posts applauding amber's achievement and it is amazing that she is landing it unaided, and so unexpectedly. I really hope she can nail it in competition.

However Amber is young, expected to be at the peak of her career and trained. Aljona however is nearly in her 40s (twice the age of the best skaters at the moment) and has had A BABY which significantly impacts upon your fitness. The fact she is able to put on skates at this stage (her child is only 10 months old for gods sake) is impressive enough, never mind be challenging herself to master elements she wasn't trying at the top of her game.

Finally, Aljona is an olympic champion. I think her "reputation" is well-deserved.

Nothing against aljona, she's a queen and a true champ, but your point being made about how it's miraculous that she even has skates on 10mos after popping out a kid is kind of outrageous. For an average person, what you said would be true, but not for someone at Savchenko's fitness level. It's quite easy for them to spring back into action not long after recovery from having child.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Nothing against aljona, she's a queen and a true champ, but your point being made about how it's miraculous that she even has skates on 10mos after popping out a kid is kind of outrageous. For an average person, what you said would be true, but not for someone at Savchenko's fitness level. It's quite easy for them to spring back into action not long after recovery from having child.

Adding onto what you said, skating coaches are quickly back on the ice coaching and demonstrating after having children. Whilst this is nothing like attempting 3A's (even in harnesses), they still "have their skates on", and are doing skating skills shortly after having children.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Anyone who follows Aljona's Instagram feed will know how hard and systematically she's worked over the last several months to rebuild her strength and skating form, so from that angle it's no surprise at all that she's doing this - but it's still impressive!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Hurray for Aljona, even if she doesn't succeed in doing this jump without a harness. I admire this woman so much. Even trying a 3A at her age is just so fantastic...and I'm not even mentioning that she tried it after ging birth. I agree with Ic3rabbit that other fit women have sprung back into action after giving birth. But not many went for a 3A.....

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hurray for Aljona, even if she doesn't succeed in doing this jump without a harness. I admire this woman so much. Even trying a 3A at her age is just so fantastic...and I'm not even mentioning that she tried it after ging birth. I agree with Ic3rabbit that other fit women have sprung back into action after giving birth. But not many went for a 3A.....

On a harness.....

lzxnl

Final Flight
Wow
It's impressive for anyone to land a quad on a harness, let alone a 36 year old female pairs skater who only needs a 3T solo jump for pairs that just had a kid.
I don't have adequate words for this.

Ducky

On the Ice
I'm just impressed, and inspired, that someone in her mid-30's is attempting triples and quads that many younger skaters aren't doing. Even if it's on a harness, that is still going for it.