Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya passes away at 20 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya passes away at 20

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just been searching to see if there is any verification, and although I can't find anything on English speaking sites, the story has been picked up by quite a few Russian sites - Sport Express, 5TV, Izvestia, Gazeta, News RU (Israel), Ren TV.

I don't know how reputable these sites are. So, I am hoping beyond hope that it is just a rumour that has got out of hand.

However, since I started typing this, sport.ru and Russia Today have reported it. So, I guess that our worst fears are confirmed.

I just don't know what to say. She was so young and so talented. I was so sad when she had to retire because of her injuries. Here is what I said at the time:

Really sad to hear this. They were a real breath of fresh air when they burst onto the Junior scene and had so much success.

But, Katia's health is the most important thing. She is young, and has the rest of her life ahead of her. We don't want her doing herself an even worse permanent injury by coming back when she is not fit to.

I wish both Katia and Harley all the best for the future.

Aussie Aussie Aussie...

CaroLiza_fan

Little did we realise that 5 months later this would happen.

It is just so tragic.

Katia, you brought a lot of people a lot of joy. We will miss you, but we will always remember you.

My thoughts go out to her family, friends and fans.

CaroLiza_fan

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Oh, no... I loved their pair when they first appeared on the JGP. It was sad enough to hear the news of their split, but this is too surreal for my brain to process right now...

Thank you for inspiring us, Katia. Rest in peace :(

Arbitrary

Medalist
FsUniverse forum discussed about her being in a clinical depression state for quite some time.
Suspected jumping out of her 6th floor apt in Moscow.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
I am very sorry to hear this. She was so young! :( RIP to Ekaterina and my condolences to her family.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Eng Wiku is updated already

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

The editor provided a link to a story on TASS that says that there was a suicide note:

https://tass.ru/proisshestviya/8998073

The source that TASS talked to also said that she had attempted suicide before.

Poor Katia. We knew you were struggling physically to get over your injury, but we didn't realise that you were struggling mentally to get over it as well.

This is all just so sad.

We love you, Katia.

CaroLiza_fan

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
RIP, my heart goes out to her that she was so distraught as to come to this... and to her family, thinking of their their devastation today.

Orlov

Medalist
The editor provided a link to a story on TASS that says that there was a suicide note:

https://tass.ru/proisshestviya/8998073

The source that TASS talked to also said that she had attempted suicide before.

MOSCOW, July 18. /TASS/. World Junior figure skating champion Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya committed suicide in Moscow. This was reported to TASS on Saturday in law enforcement agencies.

"The body of 20-year-old Alexandrovskaya was found near the house on "1905 street" . The preliminary cause of death is suicide" the source said. She left a note with the word "I love" According to the source, the girl had previously tried to commit suicide after suffering an injury.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
MOSCOW, July 18. /TASS/. World Junior figure skating champion Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya committed suicide in Moscow. This was reported to TASS on Saturday in law enforcement agencies.

"The body of 20-year-old Alexandrovskaya was found near the house on "1905 street" . The preliminary cause of death is suicide" the source said. She left a note with the word "I love" According to the source, the girl had previously tried to commit suicide after suffering an injury.

Thank you for addding your translation of the relevant part of the TASS story to the thread, Orlov. I am wary of posting machine generated translations of stories like this, where the finer details matter so much. So I am grateful to you for doing a human translation.

CaroLiza_fan