Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya passes away at 20 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya passes away at 20

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
I am so very sorry to hear this news. :( What a horrible shame that she was not able to get help for her mental health issues earlier.

Orlov

Medalist
What a horrible shame that she was not able to get help for her mental health issues earlier.

Her mother had tried to help.

The mother of the deceased figure skater Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya was hospitalized in a psychiatric clinic.

As it became known 5-tv.ru, the woman had a shock from what happened. The grief-stricken mother could not cope with the emotions that flooded over her, and doctors decided to hospitalize her and provide emergency psychological assistance.

As previously reported, depression began in 20-year-old Alexandrovskaya some time ago. For help, the skater's mother even turned to psychiatrists to bring her daughter to a stable emotional state.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Breaking my silence on this damn forum to pay due diligence to a team I so happily supported.

May you Rest In Peace dear Alexandra. Your historic help bringing pairs to a wider audience will never be forgotten.

Rest easy, dear angel. You have nothing to worry about now except focusing on your happiness. <3

Thank you.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Her mother had tried to help.

The mother of the deceased figure skater Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya was hospitalized in a psychiatric clinic.

As it became known 5-tv.ru, the woman had a shock from what happened. The grief-stricken mother could not cope with the emotions that flooded over her, and doctors decided to hospitalize her and provide emergency psychological assistance.

As previously reported, depression began in 20-year-old Alexandrovskaya some time ago. For help, the skater's mother even turned to psychiatrists to bring her daughter to a stable emotional state.

Thank you for this.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Utterly devastated and so shocked right now. It seems only yesterday she was flying high above Olympic ice, her smile bright and beautiful, posing and giggling with Kailani in the opening ceremony, the emu and kangaroo on her jacket...and now she is gone. So young.

I hope you found peace, dear Katia.

Tyranid

Final Flight
Heavenly tsardom to you, Katya.

Both you and Denis Ten will never have to see the horrors of humanity again.

These off-seasons just keep getting worse and worse.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And with the death of Alex "Chumpy" Pullin last week...this has been a dreadful fortnight for Australian Winter sports.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Heavenly tsardom to you, Katya.

Both you and Denis Ten will never have to see the horrors of humanity again.

These off-seasons just keep getting worse and worse.

You're touching words brought tears to my eyes. it's hard to believe this disaster of a year the worst year I can ever remember in my life is only a little more than half over.

Rest in peace Katya. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. I'm so sorry her mother is struggling so much. Sad.

Because figure skating is so beautiful and we all will post here love it so much have to remember on so many levels this is a brutal sport for young athletes physically and emotionally.

We all know many of these young ladies many of whom are Russian whose careers did not develop and have not fulfilled their vast potential. I sometimes wonder when they're going through emotionally. I'm thinking of Panekova Tarankova and Gubanova just to name 3. their careers have not developed like many of us have fought for many reasons. Can you imagine what they're feeling especially if they feel like they let their parents down after all the money they pumped into their careers? I hope the Russian Federation and other sports federations gets their athletes the proper mental help. Not that these three very talented and very promising at one point girls would ever do anything to themselves. But who thought this would be the ending for Katya? It's just so sad. we have to remember these are human beings even though they're super athletes but they're just like all of us here at this forum made of flesh and bone and they have their weaknesses as all humans do.

And didn't one of Russia's rhythmic gymnasts recently slice her wrist and end up in the hospital?

I wish there was a way all athletic federation's could stay on top of suicide issues better than they do. But we have to be honest there are no easy answers here. I wish there were.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I just saw the news on Facebook! Oh my God, poor Katia, she was so young!

I'll never forget how exciting it was when she and Harley won Junior Worlds.

I'm so sorry this has happened, her poor mother.

Rest in peace, Katia.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
sometimes those who appear to be the strongest need the most help. RIP Katia

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
:sad4:

A deeply unwelcome thing to wake up to.

never start your day with the news or browsing a skating forum.... i had at least a chance to drink my coffee and do a few things... but yeah... this is a tough one to swallow.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's so sad. She was so young and to feel that desperate is so heartbreaking. :cry:

icetug

Medalist
It seems only yesterday when I was cheering for Katia and Harley in Gdańsk, where they won JGP... I was so sorry for her when she decided to retire, but today's news is just devastating. Rest in peace, dear Katia. Don't know how heavens look like, but I wish you are at least as happy as you were at that time in Gdańsk...