Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
As per this post, Alena and Eteri are no longer working together. Translation says that she presented Eteri "a list of people she does not want to skate with".

Full translation:
"Nice, kind, with an open eyes come to us, wanting to achieve results, to prove to themselves and others.
Time passes, we work productively and sometimes achieve colossal results.
And then ..... it seems that the outside world affects our dear and kind. There are more and more new conditions for the continuation of joint work (like an increase in payment for love).
Once Julia put forward a requirement not to go out on the same ice with Zhenya. We tried to satisfy all the conditions - it didn't help. Then Zhenya refused to skate with Alina. And now from Alena we have received a whole list of girls non grata. That's where we parted with her ...
Are we going to change something in our training system? Not. We are doing everything right. I am sure that among those who are with us there are also solid, loyal, resistant to external stimuli."

This seems super weird and unexpected. As per Eteri's comments it seems she'll go to Plushenko.

heartyxo

On the Ice
Huh? What unusual reasoning, if true.

However... Alena with good choreography? Sign me UP!

Fluture

Record Breaker
She‘s gotta be joking. I refuse to believe this is true. Eteri’s had some weird splits from her students in the past but never like this. Maybe she was hacked lol.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
To specify more, Eteri says that first Julia didn't want to share ice with Zhenya, then Zhenya with Alina and now Alena has presented a list of "persona non gratas". She adds that since they don't treat people differently they parted ways with her.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
In the comments Eteri adds that she will go to Plushenko. :shocked:

Scott512

Record Breaker
BS. Besides it's too late to for the Federation to make coaching changes we're almost in August.

Scott512

Record Breaker
She‘s gotta be joking. I refuse to believe this is true. Eteri’s had some weird splits from her students in the past but never like this. Maybe she was hacked lol.

There are no coaching changes at this time of year. I smell something fishy. Especially considering how great Alena has become and how much the judges think of her. Is it possible she would leave almost in August? I don't think so.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
Hmmm.... Is she joining Plushenko too then? And If so... Wouldn't be a problem for Trusova to be again with Kostornaya? Maybe Kostornaya wants to work with Rozanov again, he was the one who helped her the most with her triple axel. So maybe she was afraid that she is going to lose the jump?

Manue93370

Rinkside
Oh no !
are you sure ? I thought she was talking about Sacha who left because she no longer wanted to train with Alena. As Sacha gave the reasons for his departure I thought Eteri wanted to give the real reasons

Fluture

Record Breaker
She wrote that all the arrangements for the transfer apparently were made back in May.

And they still choreographed the FS and announced it for... reasons?

Well, if this is true I‘ll support Aliona 100% and hope everything works out for her. But honestly, this instagram post was so incredibly classless that I still want to believe it‘s all a misunderstanding and someone hacked her.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
And they still choreographed the FS and announced it for... reasons?

Well, if this is true I‘ll support Aliona 100% and hope everything works out for her. But honestly, this instagram post was so incredibly classless that I still want to believe it‘s all a misunderstanding and someone hacked her.

I have no idea, perhaps they weren’t informed. Seems strange.
I wonder if that’s that „another big thing“ Plushenko was talking about back then.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I also think the post is very weird. Not only with regards to Alena, but also dragging Julia and Zhenya in it one again. I guess we'll see.

ruga

Final Flight
This transfer is so sketchy. She got a new program (first of all Eteri students), left for training camp, it's already August and bit too late for drastic changes, Eteri writes a post before any journalist or fan suspects something... My first thought was that someone hacked her account, but the post has been up for almost half an hour already.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I cannot keep up with all the names, sorry, especially not in the off-season when my brain isn’t fully fs focused. Who is Julia?

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I cannot keep up with all the names, sorry, especially not in the off-season when my brain isn’t fully fs focused. Who is Julia?

Lipnitskaya.

And if you start bleeding half your successful students right at the point where they're starting to grow into young adults and want more control over their lives, sorry, you're not "doing everything right". Teachers have to adjust to their students as well as students to their teachers. Every teacher knows that.

Status
Not open for further replies.