Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I have no idea, perhaps they weren’t informed. Seems strange.
I wonder if that’s that „another big thing“ Plushenko was talking about back then.

I used an online translator to translate a screenshot of one of the comments from Eteri‘s official account (so not exactly the most reliable source) - and it said Aliona “hadn‘t informed them about the decision but they‘d given her two (!) new programs that would have made a huge impression on judges and viewers“.

Again, someone with real knowledge on the language will have to check but that‘s the gist. It still sounds weird/fishy to me. I‘ve seen many splits from Eteri and that‘s not the way she‘s done it before. Ever. I guess I‘ll wait for confirmation.

This transfer is so sketchy. She got a new program (first of all Eteri students), left for training camp, it's already August and bit too late for drastic changes, Eteri writes a post before any journalist or fan suspects something... My first thought was that someone hacked her account, but the post has been up for almost half an hour already.

Yes, it all doesn‘t really make sense. If she wanted to change coaches, why waste time with the old ones instead of using those valuable months to get adjusted to the new team? Especially if everything was already discussed/agreed upon in May? It‘s August now.

The only thing I could imagine besides Eteri being hacked is that Sambo was trying to hold her back after Sasha had already left. They did that with Yulia, they could try it again.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Did you three seriously all reply in the same minute?! :eeking: (so much for off-season, eh!)
Thanks! Yulia L. then, okay. Such drama, lol. You gotta wonder what goes on sometimes...

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Wow. If true i guess that Plushenko's rink is becoming the new powerhouse and his skaters will receive all the bonus points instead of Eteri's skaters.

I hope Plushenko wants to work with foreign choreographers, because Aliona + Lori would be interesting.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I used an online translator to translate a screenshot of one of the comments from Eteri‘s official account (so not exactly the most reliable source) - and it said Aliona “hadn‘t informed them about the decision but they‘d given her two (!) new programs that would have made a huge impression on judges and viewers“.

Again, someone with real knowledge on the language will have to check but that‘s the gist. It still sounds weird/fishy to me. I‘ve seen many splits from Eteri and that‘s not the way she‘s done it before. Ever. I guess I‘ll wait for confirmation.

Yes, it all doesn‘t really make sense. If she wanted to change coaches, why waste time with the old ones instead of using those valuable months to get adjusted to the new team? Especially if everything was already discussed/agreed upon in May? It‘s August now.

The only thing I could imagine besides Eteri being hacked is that Sambo was trying to hold her back after Sasha had already left. They did that with Yulia, they could try it again.

Agree it’s all super weird.
If she made a decision back in May, why not train with Plushenko to begin with?
Can you post a screenshot? I’ll try to translate.

From my standpoint, the verbiage/wording seems very Eteri-like. It’s how she usually speaks/writes, so if it’s indeed a hacker, he made a very good job on writing similarly to Eteri.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Eteri needs to learn how to break up with students and do it without this kind of unprofessional language. She essentially threw Yulia, Evgenia and Alena under the bus (a English language expression- no actual bus involved).

Students are going to leave and she needs to understand that especially when dealing with teenagers.

I don't know about the rest of you but high school was cliquey as heck. I was extremely lucky but I remember that many of people were best friends one day and a week later hate each other and a month later they were back thick as thieves. I think it worked for Brian with Yuzuru and Javi because both were more mature and also Javi's laid back personality probably helped. Also I think Yuzuru is just such an icon that Javi admired him a lot.

I wish Alena well with Plushenko and Eteri well with Anna and the rest of her very talented crew.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
If tutberidze wrote this - wow, how „classy” of her to drag all her former students. Shameful really.

Also - Great decision from Aliona :)

macy

Record Breaker
Akatieva, Kromykh, Usacheva, Lipnitskaya, Tursynbaeva, Samodurova and Zagitova have all liked the post thus far, all within 40 minutes.

fishy.

sparklestan

On the Ice
This is odd.
Sasha left Eteri for Plushenko to get more attention so Alena joining her there would defeat the purpose of that. Also Alena was shown in the Team Eteri Instagram content a few times since Sasha left so if this transfer is true it seems Team Tut didn’t know about it. If Alena wanted out then why would she waste time learning programs only to relearn new ones?
Lastly, the Instagram post doesn’t seem like Eteri’s style, she usually subtly shades people and creates intrigue as to what is really going on. This post spills a lot of info about multiple girls from different generations.
I agree, with the evidence we have now, that Eteri was most likely hacked.

Scott512

Record Breaker
This is like a twilight zone experience for me. Especially now that aliona has been training for about 2 months and it's getting back into form for whatever season we have.

What does Aliona's Instagram say? Listen we cannot expect all girls to get along 100% even in a great coaching situation. but I find it hard to believe that EG would push the most beautiful skater in the world out the door even though she still has Anna Alina and Killa Kamila.but losing a Leona would be bigger than losing Sasha because aliona is very stable as a skater. Sasha's upside is bigger than everybody's but she's not nearly as stable as Aliona or Anna.

Or maybe Zhenya leaving EG after a heroic Olympic performance was just the tip of the iceberg and Alinas staying was in aberration. If EG needs to change she better start doing it. Maybe the girls are silently screaming out but they want to be individuals instead of one team.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I wonder if Trusova knew or is happy to train with Kostornaya again.

macy

Record Breaker
Alena hasn't shared anything on social media. if this is actually true, i'm sure she will post when she feels its appropriate.

i just can't get past how strange this all seems...

ruga

Final Flight
Akatieva, Kromykh, Usacheva, Lipnitskaya, Tursynbaeva, Samodurova and Zagitova have all liked the post thus far, all within 40 minutes.

fishy.
Ok, so now I will probably assume that this is real and not some creation of a bored hacker. I'm sure Alina, Daria and others would surely know what's going on in their team.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Agree it’s all super weird.
If she made a decision back in May, why not train with Plushenko to begin with?
Can you post a screenshot? I’ll try to translate.

From my standpoint, the verbiage/wording seems very Eteri-like. It’s how she usually speaks/writes, so if it’s indeed a hacker, he made a very good job on writing similarly to Eteri.

https://paste.pics/9758885b97606687529329c994a69154

I hope this works lol, I have no idea how to upload screenshots.

Interesting that you say this sounds like Eteri. I don‘t know Russian but from the translations I read, it seemed the opposite to me. She‘s usually more subtle in her shade, has she ever gone all out in an instagram post and accused students of multiple generations?

Status
Not open for further replies.