Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I think at this point no one can be better at shopping than Plushenko.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
If this is true maybe Alena has problem with 3A...:confused: She couldn't restore it without Rozanov..

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It’s been an hour at this point. Unless this mass hacker also disabled the phones at Sambo 70 to prevent them from contacting the media, I think it’s probably true.

Amei

Record Breaker
Actually, I don‘t even see why it’d be so bad for a teenage girl in the pressure cooker environment of competitive skating to sometimes just not feel like training with their biggest rivals. I mean, Yuzu and Javi were probably the least problematic training mates ever and good friends on top of that and they still had to be separated from time to time when tempers were running too high. And these girls are essentially kids who all share the same goals and dreams... there’s bound to be drama eventually.

If this is true, I don‘t blame Yulia/Evgenia/Aliona one bit. :shrug:

Edit: it still doesn‘t explain Yulia liking it, however. It almost looks like she agrees on blaming solely herself.

I can make sense of it, from what's been translated, all Eteri said (I don't read Russian) was that she didn't want to be on the ice it didn't go into any specifics of why, it could be like you said she didn't want to be beside her chief rival or it could have been something personality-wise between the skaters. Perhaps Lipnitskaia realizes and sees the consistency of Eteri's actions that Eteri didn't/won't play favorites with anyone. No one's to "blame" in the situation for her leaving, Lipnitskaia was unhappy and she needed a change; the only wrong I found of that situation at the time was that a) the Fed blocked her from leaving when she wanted to which put her in an uncomfortable situation and b) the coach/choreographer bad-mouthing the skater about her work ethic/attitude.

Though perhaps Team Eteri needs to adjust their mindset and let their skaters have more freedom in the program which is the consistent I've heard about these 2 skaters that have left her: Trusova wanted to do the 5 quads and her coaches were dissuading her from doing it and Kostornaia wanted to do the quad salchow at nationals. Perhaps they both felt the coaches held them back preventing their winning.

Overall it seems odd though with her timing of leaving and them saying they were aware in May - if they were aware in May her current coaches should have ceased any cooperation with her.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Sure, everyone‘s different.
On the other hand, back when I heard Yulia comment competitions and when she commented on Tutberidze‘s skaters, she always sounded really positive to me, about the skater and Tutberidze/their coaching. I mean, it’s probably due to Julia being a professional commentator, but still somehow it felt like she speaks very fondly of them.
I can’t give a particular example, that just was my general impression. So based on that I kinda always thought that they reconciled it all behind the scenes, lol. Who knows really what their relationship is.

Yeah, but one doesn‘t exclude the other, right? Yuzu and Javi are still good friends even though they sometimes had to be separated. So, Yulia (or someone else) asking not to train on the same ice as Evgenia when the pressure‘s particularly high doesn‘t have to mean that they hate each other. It might just mean that there‘s a young girl/women going through personal struggles and needing individual support. Besides, there‘s often a lot of drama with teenagers. Mostly, they grow out of it and laugh it off when they‘re older. Sometimes they don‘t, of course - but in my experience that‘s not that common.

As for the coaching itself: if the coach/team is unable or unwilling to provide extra training separated from the others, then skaters can just leave. There‘s literally no need for bad blood at all (though I know that reality mostly looks different). I just don‘t see it would be necessary at all for Eteri herself to essentially shame Yulia/Evgenia/Aliona for demanding this. It would be way easier to just make a general statement “we had different viewpoints on training/skating/whatever and we‘d like to wish good luck“. Instead of all the usual lack of loyalty talk... people aren‘t less loyal because they have individual problems and wish for something they can‘t get. They are just.. human.

seimei

On the Ice
It seems Etri really hates complaints about competitive practice of her students. Or exclusive attention for one skater.

I think it's fair point though it's not ideal to speak her ex students on public.

readernick

Medalist
On one hand shocking (and possible not true).

On the other hand, I think it has been quite clear for sometime that Anna is the favored student (very clearly the case with Daniil, some favoritism also visible from Eteri). As a grown adult, I could handle training with a rival and not being the favorite.(being older gives you a different perspective/ other's opinions don't have the same power)However, when I was a teenager I could not have handled that type of pressure. I hope that Aliona is happy in her new training environment and gets great choreography if this story is true.

Amei

Record Breaker
why would Plushenko take her if Sasha came to him to be top dog and not train with direct rivals...?

Unless Trusova and he have some contractual agreement that he won't train a direct competitor of her then he's free to take whoever he wants. Plushenko wants to be top coach, why would he refuse the skater that won all competitions except for Nationals last year?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Yeah, but one doesn‘t exclude the other, right? Yuzu and Javi are still good friends even though they sometimes had to be separated. So, Yulia (or someone else) asking not to train on the same ice as Evgenia when the pressure‘s particularly high doesn‘t have to mean that they hate each other. It might just mean that there‘s a young girl/women going through personal struggles and needing individual support. Besides, there‘s often a lot of drama with teenagers. Mostly, they grow out of it and laugh it off when they‘re older. Sometimes they don‘t, of course - but in my experience that‘s not that common.

As for the coaching itself: if the coach/team is unable or unwilling to provide extra training separated from the others, then skaters can just leave. There‘s literally no need for bad blood at all (though I know that reality mostly looks different). I just don‘t see it would be necessary at all for Eteri herself to essentially shame Yulia/Evgenia/Aliona for demanding this. It would be way easier to just make a general statement “we had different viewpoints on training/skating/whatever and we‘d like to wish good luck“. Instead of all the usual lack of loyalty talk... people aren‘t less loyal because they have individual problems and wish for something they can‘t get. They are just.. human.

Im not sure what you’re talking about, I never disagreed with your post to begin with, just said that surely every skater is different.

Julia thing was about the „edit“ part of your comment.

Fluture

Record Breaker
So Plushenko now has two of the three top girls from last season? Wild.

Nothing beats Russian off-season drama, I guess.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Im not sure what you’re talking about, I never disagreed with your post, just said that surely every skater is different.
Julia thing was about the „edit“ part of your comment.

Well, I must have misunderstood. I thought it related to the upper part of the comment. My apologies.

katymay

Medalist
I wonder if Trusova knew or is happy to train with Kostornaya again.

Kostornaya seems to be working with a new body this year-good year for that to happen, she has plenty of time to readjust. And this year-at least the first half of it, will be a total wash I believe. Probably no real competitions until 2021. I think most of Kostornaya's year will be readjusting to growth and puberty changes. I would think that Trusova would welcome Kostornaya, it seems as if it might have been a bit lonely for Trusova before.

Lana05

Final Flight
Probably Kostornaya wanted to leave in May after Rozalov left but Trusova wanted to be the only one in Plushenkp's group. So he asked Alyona to wait until off-season will end and make a move silently. Now Trusova can't leave back or to another coach after deadline. Tusova and Tutberidze are lost. Pushenko won.
What a strategy xD
Joking idk what actually happened. Just my thoughts

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What the what?!!

I'm just about to go to bed, I take a look on Insta and see Alena K is leaving Eteri for the Angels.

Never saw that coming!

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
I used an online translator to translate a screenshot of one of the comments from Eteri‘s official account (so not exactly the most reliable source) - and it said Aliona “hadn‘t informed them about the decision but they‘d given her two (!) new programs that would have made a huge impression on judges and viewers“.

Again, someone with real knowledge on the language will have to check but that‘s the gist. It still sounds weird/fishy to me. I‘ve seen many splits from Eteri and that‘s not the way she‘s done it before. Ever. I guess I‘ll wait for confirmation.

Yes, it all doesn‘t really make sense. If she wanted to change coaches, why waste time with the old ones instead of using those valuable months to get adjusted to the new team? Especially if everything was already discussed/agreed upon in May? It‘s August now.

The only thing I could imagine besides Eteri being hacked is that Sambo was trying to hold her back after Sasha had already left. They did that with Yulia, they could try it again.

Do you have a link? I want to check.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Probably Kostornaya wanted to leave in May after Rozalov left but Trusova wanted to be the only one in Plushenkp's group. So he asked Alyona to wait until off-season will end and make a move silently. Now Trusova can't leave back or to another coach after deadline. Tusova and Tutberidze are lost. Pushenko won.
What a strategy xD
Joking idk what actually happened. Just my thoughts

Yeah, he said back in April or May that „there’s another big transfer coming“ or something like that, and that everyone’s going to lose their minds (not the exact quote). I was wondering who he was talking about. So it’s Aliona.

Status
Not open for further replies.