Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze | Page 47 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

ali0125

On the Ice
Country
Australia
Trying to use logical arguments with you will never work, because your thinking process is passionate and biased to defend Team Tutberidze.

She will be defending Eteri till the day Alina or Anna leaves (if that ever happens) and Eteri acts crazy as she did to other girls.
After all, to Eteri, girls coached by her are her products (fast moving consumer goods, to be precise), not individuals who have control of their own future.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Dear Flanker, you’ll always defend Eteri no matter what she does. Trying to use logical arguments with you will never work, because your thinking process is passionate and biased to defend Team Tutberidze. So, I’m not gonna answer you anymore about this post because it’s pointless.

Sounds like those letters "my dearest, I've met someone else" some soldires receive from their viwes while being on the battlefront :laugh:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
She will be defending Eteri till the day Alina or Anna leaves (if that ever happens) and Eteri acts crazy as she did to other girls.
After all, to Eteri, girls coached by her are her products (fast moving consumer goods, to be precise), not individuals who have control of their own future.

She? I'm not Loretta :rofl:

Artemisa

Final Flight
I think you watch too many forgotten cheap soap operas and read too few good books. Everybody knows who Baron Vladimir Harkonnen is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Harkonnen

That's a stupid comment ... maybe who likes science fiction knows who that is.. outside off that world it's an irrelevant character for those who like for example "War and Peace" or "The Grapes of Wrath"
And in russia Baron Vladmir has more fans ...

Artemisa

Final Flight
Wrong. I used to watch Poor Nastya when I was a little girl. :) You have no idea what I am reading and what not.
Edit: Science fiction is not something I would read or watch...

You aren't the only one!:coffee: Poor nasty was the reason I wanted to learn russian ..

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
Dear Flanker, you’ll always defend Eteri no matter what she does. Trying to use logical arguments with you will never work, because your thinking process is passionate and biased to defend Team Tutberidze. So, I’m not gonna answer you anymore about this post because it’s pointless.
Completely agree with you. It is the same with all Eteri fans and Anna fans.
And I disagree with flanker - Anna's pre-rotation is not wintin the norm. It is the ugliest pre-rotation I have ever seen in my life. I have similar opinion about her skating skills. It would have been OK If she was in 10th place for example, but she is winning medals. I can't.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Completely agree with you. It is the same with all Eteri fans and Anna fans.
And I disagree with flanker - Anna's pre-rotation is not wintin the norm. It is the ugliest pre-rotation I have ever seen in my life. I have similar opinion about her skating skills. It would have been OK If she was in 10th place for example, but she is winning medals. I can't.

If you have nothing else, miss flanker is tired now. She will drink her afternoon tea, read next chapter of Pride and Prejudice and take a nap :yawn::laugh:

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
If you have nothing else, miss flanker is tired now. She will drink her afternoon tea, read next chapter of Pride and Prejudice and take a nap :yawn::laugh:
You are a Czech guy from Prague, not a lady. I know that.
Czech language is weird. Similar to Slovakian and Polish. Especially to Slovakian, but with a stronger accent. All Slavic languages are somewhat similar.

dhjh811

On the Ice
You are a Czech guy from Prague, not a lady. I know that.
Czech language is weird. Similar to Slovakian and Polish. Especially to Slovakian, but with a stronger accent. All Slavic languages are somewhat similar.

lol why he pretending to be a woman? 💀

Scott512

Record Breaker
Not everyone's opinion will jibe with yours. Flankers long and informative post was spot-on time and time again.
Trust me those who have left her in shocking fashion know they products too. Marketable products for sure. Evgenia is doing much better with endorsements since she left EG and the same is true of Sasha. She is killing it with endorsements since she went to Plushenko Palace. Veronika in time without a doubt we'll get endorsements and aliona will in time as well. She is extremely marketable and a great "product" for Plushenko Academy. These athletes deserve every penny they get because every practice could be their last because figure skating is a very dangerous sport.
EG we'll have to hire a marketing firm or people to help her young stars get endorsements otherwise they will look elsewhere at some point. For the best ladies skater this last season and the most beautiful skater I've seen in years not to have any endorsements is perplexing and I don't want to hear anything about but she wants to be a neurosurgeon someday. If anything bad should just make her more marketable. Aliona is different.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
Alyona is the most beautiful figure skater of all time (physically, then Yuna and then Yuzuru). Artiscally - maybe 4 th place (after Yuna, Carolina and Yuzuru).
I am surprised that Evgenia has more endorsements now... After all of her not so great results.

EG we'll have to hire a marketing firm or people to help her young stars get endorsements otherwise they will look elsewhere at some point.

Do top skaters in Russia have the opportunity to hire professional agents individually for this purpose? What they need is a full-time and well-connected PR agency working for them. We should not expect the coach to take on this time-consuming task in addition to her coaching duties.

When Michelle Kwan was 13 she wanted to move up to seniors, but her coach said "no." Michelle snuck behind the coach's back and tested for seniors anyway, after which she could not go back to juniors. The coach hit the roof at the deception, but when he calmed down he told her, Well, now that you are a senior you will need an agent, and he recommended Shep Goldberg's agency.

Michelle stuck with Goldberg throughout her skating career and beyond, up until Goldberg's death in 2014, even though she left her coach and her choreographer :( along the way.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Do top skaters in Russia have the opportunity to hire professional agents individually for this purpose? What they need is a full-time and well-connected PR agency working for them. We should not expect the coach to take on this time-consuming task in addition to her coaching duties.

When Michelle Kwan was 13 she wanted to move up to seniors, but her coach said "no." Michelle snuck behind the coach's back and tested for seniors anyway, after which she could not go back to juniors. The coach hit the roof at the deception, but when he calmed down he told her, Well, now that you are a senior you will need an agent, and he recommended Shep Goldberg's agency.

Michelle stuck with Goldberg throughout her skating career and beyond, up until Goldberg's death in 2014, even though she left her coach and her choreographer :( along the way.

It should not be the coaches responsibility to get her top skaters endorsements or agents.but EG has power and connections. She needs to use that power to connect her top kids to people who can get them endorsements. Like I've said all my adult life when Money Talks people walk.

Great story about Michelle Kwan. Merci beaucoup.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Do top skaters in Russia have the opportunity to hire professional agents individually for this purpose? What they need is a full-time and well-connected PR agency working for them.
Or a mom like Yuna Kim's mom.

Alyona is the most beautiful figure skater of all time (physically, then Yuna and then Yuzuru).

And Shizuka Arakawa and Yu Xiaoyu are goddesses.

Artiscally - maybe 4 th place (after Yuna, Carolina and Yuzuru).
Behind Satoko Miyahara and Marin Honda from the current era.

s1alker

Rinkside
About the "military style coaching", Eteri was raised under the Soviet system, which was pretty well known for being very harsh on athletes. Screaming, berating, beatings were all pretty common. Old habits are tough to break.

Status
Not open for further replies.