Elena Ilinykh joins Plushenko's coaching team | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh joins Plushenko's coaching team

Momtoiceprincess

Rinkside
Elena Ilyich the Olympic ice dance bronze medalist has joined Plushenko's coaching team. I wonder in what role? Will she be an asset?

readernick

Medalist
Elena Ilyich the Olympic ice dance bronze medalist has joined Plushenko's coaching team. I wonder in what role? Will she be an asset?

Elena is fabulous. She would be an asset anywhere. I imagine she would be a great coach for SS and performance. I don't know if she is interested in choreography, but she is definitely very artistic.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Ilinykh? That's interesting, I thought she had an academy with Lipnitskaya. Has that project been abandoned, then?

elysium

On the Ice
I remember she kind of chose the Frida Kahlo program herself, which did not gain a lot of success but I found it to be very interesting and artistic. So my impression is that she is interested in choreography. She has probably a lot of connections in the dance world as well. I think it could be really great for Plushenko’s academy if it works out well.

Idiote

On the Ice
Maybe since Yulia is busy with her baby, she won't be able to work at her academy for a while so Elena decided to find something else to do in the meantime. Maybe Yulia will join Plushenko's team too ? She has done at least two shows with him before so why not I guess. I wonder what she plans to do now she has graduated and has her daughter to look out for. Anything that makes her happy :)

As for Elena I must admit I don't really know her skating very well (I don't watch a lot of ice dance) but I'm happy for her if she's confident with this decision :) Plushenko's academy definitely seems like the place to be lately ^^

Scott512

Record Breaker
Ilinykh? That's interesting, I thought she had an academy with Lipnitskaya. Has that project been abandoned, then?

I suppose so. But I think Elena is also a mother with a young child and a job at the Plushenko Academy offers her some sort of financial $ecurity. This is a good move for her career and life. I just hope Yulia is not upset with her because they seem to be partners the Sochi academy they had.

Such a pretty girl. Didn't Elena also win team gold in 2014 Olympics? I'm kind of disappointed she retired so young because there isn't the depth you need a Russian dance that there is with the Russian ladies.

ruga

Final Flight
Maybe Yulia/Elena team was more of a temporary thing, to gain experience and become established coaches or join an established team? AFAIK, they didn't even have a permanent rink and travelled around the country giving lessons to mostly younger kids instead.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Maybe Yulia/Elena team was more of a temporary thing, to gain experience and become established coaches or join an established team? AFAIK, they didn't even have a permanent rink and travelled around the country giving lessons to mostly younger kids instead.
You may be right about how they traveled around the country teaching kids how to skate. But I thought they had a base in Sochi Russia.

It was never made clear exactly why her partnership with Katsalapov broke up. Dance-wise, they were the next great partnership, but there seemed to be personality issues.

Anyway, good for her going forward. She is one of those performers who lights up the room just by walking in the door.

bramweld

Record Breaker
You may be right about how they traveled around the country teaching kids how to skate. But I thought they had a base in Sochi Russia.

It to the best of my knowledgde was always temporary. Strategically it makes more sense to join forces.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
great news!!!
& for both sides.
Warms my heart to see how Plu's academy shapes up to be stronger & stronger every day!:agree:
& who knows with Elena there may be some dance teams appearing in that school!:luv17:
even funnier to see how some ppl (not here) try to present him not as a real coach.
It's clear that he's pretty serious about prof career in that area.

ali0125

On the Ice
Country
Australia
Great to see Elena at the rink with the girls:) imo she has a great taste and hope she can try some choreo work in future

Scott512

Record Breaker
It was never made clear exactly why her partnership with Katsalapov broke up. Dance-wise, they were the next great partnership, but there seemed to be personality issues.

Anyway, good for her going forward. She is one of those performers who lights up the room just by walking in the door.

It really is a shame Elena retired so young. She has that smile and warmth that does just light up a room when she's in it.

I'm sure Elena can help PA in a variety of ways.