Russian Junior Test Skates, 10-19 August 2020, Novogorsk | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Russian Junior Test Skates, 10-19 August 2020, Novogorsk

hanca

Record Breaker
I also really missed Mukhametzianov/Mironov and Mukhortova/Evgeneev. I wonder where they slot themselves. I would expect them to be at Raskovalova/Butaev and Artemeva/Nazarychev’s level. But there will be only three spots at junior worlds (if it takes place this season), so someone will be left out. Fight is on!

removof

On the Ice
My top 3 of the day is :
1) Artemieva Nazarychev
2) Raskovalova Butaev
3) Akhantieva Kolesov

Country
Russia
I also really missed Mukhametzianov/Mironov and Mukhortova/Evgeneev. I wonder where they slot themselves.
Nobody of Mozer group, probably they are not ready.
Something like this said Grishin when commented skating.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
from what i’ve read from their coaches(irina and alexander svinin) they said Leonteva got cold just before test skate and they decided not to risk too much. what irina said was they were perfectly ready for the test skate so i guess we can see them soon.
As i remeber coaches also announced their fd music but i forgot :eek:

Yes thanks, I found the interview. The music is Midnight Waltz by David Garrett!

I also really missed Mukhametzianov/Mironov and Mukhortova/Evgeneev. I wonder where they slot themselves. I would expect them to be at Raskovalova/Butaev and Artemeva/Nazarychev’s level. But there will be only three spots at junior worlds (if it takes place this season), so someone will be left out. Fight is on!

I am hoping that Kostiukovich and Briukhanov will also be in the mix by then :pray:

hanca

Record Breaker
I am hoping that Kostiukovich and Briukhanov will also be in the mix by then :pray:

I am hoping Kostiukovich/Briukhanov will be pretty decent, but the federation has been pretty slow with supporting new junior pairs in the past. For example, last season Sobinina/Volodin and Balabanova/Sviatchenko, were not invited to test skate and did not get JGP event, even though both pairs have done very well at the Russian cup events. They were better than some of the junior pairs who did get a JGP event. But they were new pairs, so they haven’t been considered. Even though Volodin and Sviatchenko were on the national team before, so the federation knew about them. So my guess is that even if Kostiukovich/Briukhanov are good, they may not get that many chances this season, but they will put themselves in good place for the next season.

klena

On the Ice
Junior pairs/FS/Starting order

1st warm-up

1. Tatyana Kuzmina-Alexey Khvalko

2. Ekaterina Belova-Dmitry Chigirev

3. Ekaterina Petushkova - Yevgeny Malikov

2nd warm-up

4. Alina Raskovalova-Artem Butaev

5. Ksenia Akhantieva-Valery Kolesov

6. Yulia Artemieva-Mikhail Nazarychev

LIVE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ofRYgB6mM 14:00 msc

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Correct me if I’m wrong: So there’s a little girl named Sofia Muravyova who WAS invited to the test skates, but another girl named Sofia Muravieva who was not. Yes? I assume these girls are too young to have fan fests, so could anyone tell me about their coaches, prospects in the sport?

icetug

Medalist
I am hoping Kostiukovich/Briukhanov will be pretty decent, but the federation has been pretty slow with supporting new junior pairs in the past. [...] So my guess is that even if Kostiukovich/Briukhanov are good, they may not get that many chances this season, but they will put themselves in good place for the next season.

But while there is no JGP they don't need any particular support, do they? I mean everybody have to take part in Russian Cup. Is it possible they won't be able to compete in it?

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Correct me if I’m wrong: So there’s a little girl named Sofia Muravyova who WAS invited to the test skates, but another girl named Sofia Muravieva who was not. Yes? I assume these girls are too young to have fan fests, so could anyone tell me about their coaches, prospects in the sport?

I am no expert in Russian juniors (the experts would be in the RLT) but as far as I know Sofia Muravieva is another transliteration of Софья Муравьева, with Muravyova being the one closer to the actual pronunciation (like Alena vs Alyona/Aliona with Kostornaia). A quick google search tells me that she used to be with Sergei Davydov, tried out with Eteri, then moved to Plushenko, quite dramatic.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
But while there is no JGP they don't need any particular support, do they? I mean everybody have to take part in Russian Cup. Is it possible they won't be able to compete in it?

On paper, if they are not ready enough to compete and qualify to Nationals. Or some force majeur if Russian Cup event is cancelled. But the latter is valid not only for them.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I am no expert in Russian juniors (the experts would be in the RLT) but as far as I know Sofia Muravieva is another transliteration of Софья Муравьева, with Muravyova being the one closer to the actual pronunciation (like Alena vs Alyona /Aliona with Kostornaia). A quick google search tells me that she used to be with Sergei Davydov, tried out with Eteri, then moved to Plushenko, quite dramatic.

OMG, they’re the same person?!? Muravyova and Muravieva?

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
OMG, they’re the same person?!? Muravyova and Muravieva?

As far as I know, yes. Russian transliterations can get quite confusing when е and ё aren't distinguished (which they too often aren't), can't they.