Deniss Vasiljevs hopes to show different side for 2020-21 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs hopes to show different side for 2020-21

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Latvian Champion Deniss Vasiljevs has been immensely popular with fans from all over the world since he first competed at the 2014 ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships where he immediately stood out as a born performer. Six years later, Vasiljevs has four World Championship and five European Championship appearances under his belt, is a 2018 Olympian, and more admired than ever. He loves to perform for his fans and can’t wait to get back out on the ice in front of an audience. The skater, who turned 21 earlier this month, is busy preparing for the season and has two new programs.

More...

COVID-19 has impacted everyone, everywhere, and every tragic way imaginable. In our little niche, it's still heartbreaking to hear the stories of skaters who have trained for so long to have the carpet pulled from their feet (skates). I can only hope that they will all have an opportunity to compete and show the work they have put in from last season to present.

What are your thoughts on Vasiljevs' new free skate choice? What would you like to see him perform to in the future?

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Prokofiev: very dramatic and "on point" for Deniss:agree: Of course, the cuts from R&J may make a difference, but I know he can make them his own.

I am very curious as to the Latvian composition, good for Deniss and Stéphane for trying something different.

As long as he has his wonderful sit spins, I'll be happy:yes:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I thought he promised very solid 3As and other solid jumps. He has been a very good performer so far. :luv17:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love his interview, he conveys his true feelings. I am so looking forward to his programs. And his sit spin. :)

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I winced when I saw Romeo and Juliet then perked up when I saw Prokofiev version specifically. Always love to watch Deniss skate, but this has the potential to be something really special imo.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I winced when I saw Romeo and Juliet then perked up when I saw Prokofiev version specifically. Always love to watch Deniss skate, but this has the potential to be something really special imo.

It really does, plus he trained with a ballerina for this program.

DenissVFan

Medalist
We’ve already had 2 glimpses of the Romeo & Juliet programme:

These pieces don’t seem overused to me. I’m really looking forward to seeing the full programme.

And of course it’s always a pleasure to read Deniss’s insights. He always has something interesting to say on a variety of topics ;)

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I echo the others, I am definitely thrilled by the choice of the music, the Prokofiev version of R&J is very powerful and classy, I can't wait to see the dashing Romeo enthralling us!!! Also the choice for SP is intriguing, that must be very special for him - can't wait to see this one, either.
Love also the glimpse of Deniss the nature's child :luv17: I do feel this season could be a turning point for the better for him... and I hope against hope to witness the progress in person at certain point this season - we are not geographically far apart and if Italy manages to contain the second wave of Covid, maybe, just maybe :love:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Love the Prokofiev music and am really looking to seeing his program to that music. I love that dramatic second clip that's posted above. Looks great! I'm intrigued by the Latvian music too. Hoping he's made some progress on the quad.

ice99

Rinkside
Country
Japan
It was a great pleasure to read this interview, I finally felt his true honest feeling from this text after a couple of years. I'm also excited about the choice of FS music, as the failed dancer, for me Dennis is one of the best skaters for the role of Romeo. In his Junior Period, I enjoyed his Adagio for Tron Program so much, and now that he's matured, I'm looking forward to seeing his deep, dramatic side again.