Nam Nguyen | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Nam Nguyen

LRK

Record Breaker
yeah, next week's FaOI Kanazawa, and unfortunately its the only one that wont be broadcasted :bang:

He's only doing one week? If so, that is disappointing. And we can't count on any vids either, then. Hopefully some photos will surface, at least?

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
He's only doing one week? If so, that is disappointing. And we can't count on any vids either, then. Hopefully some photos will surface, at least?

according to this tumble post, he will only do Kanazawa, i hope we can see news clips and hopefully there will be reports, he might even skate to one of his new programs

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

Returning to this post of matmuh, I noticed that the second video shows Nam practicing his jumps while "Adios Nonino" was playing in the background. Wondering whether that will be the music for any of his programs. It's music that is certainly close to the hearts of his choreographers. Jeffrey Buttle won Worlds with that music for his SP choreographed by David Wilson.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
bringing hamaguri's post about Nam's performance at FaOI from yuzuru thread, thanks once again :cheer:
*Nam (per to request of Matmuh!)
Music: My Funny Valentine (with vocal), and I didn’t notice it, but I read Rachmaninoff piano concerto 2 was also used in its back. Interesting arrangement.
He was said to get taller. I don't remember his jumps in his performance, but in the opening, he fell largely (4S?). I felt his movement got smooth. Further, I read a twitter or so said that yuzu had been watching Nam’s performance and had clapped!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
he gets along with almost everyone doesnt he? from 13 yo to 30 yo :laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi, guys. I was wondering if anybody has any translations on this interview? Nam is speaking in Vietnamese and I am interested to know what he's talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSmy1m6IkWY

I reposted this in another thread in hopes of finding some help. Thanks for sharing the video...I too am interested. Maybe we'll learn how to say spicy in Vietnamese ;)

See link below:
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...ion-requests&p=1196805&viewfull=1#post1196805

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
new article about Nam from icenetwork :cheer:
his SP music is soundtrack of "The Killing Fields" and his FP music is "Johann Sebastian Bach's "Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor.", both programs are choreographed by Davin Wilson, i cant wait to see him at Thornhill Summer Skate few weeks later :popcorn:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
new article about Nam from icenetwork :cheer:
his SP music is soundtrack of "The Killing Fields" and his FP music is "Johann Sebastian Bach's "Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor.", both programs are choreographed by Davin Wilson, i cant wait to see him at Thornhill Summer Skate few weeks later :popcorn:

You're going to go? I've been entertaining the idea of going just to see Elizabet Tursynbaeva skate, after how well she did at Skate Detroit I kind of want to see her in person haha

hamaguri

Record Breaker
You're going to go? I've been entertaining the idea of going just to see Elizabet Tursynbaeva skate, after how well she did at Skate Detroit I kind of want to see her in person haha

Are you going to Thornhill? Tursynbaeva is really promissing skater. If you go, let us know about her and Nam!

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Are you going to Thornhill? Tursynbaeva is really promissing skater. If you go, let us know about her and Nam!

It's actually really close to me and I almost went last year but then something came up, I actually saw Nam already at Stars on Ice this year and took a photo with him after the show. He's very tall, I didn't believe people when they told me he grew about half a head in one season but he is definitely 5'10 (177cm), yepp. No doubt about it. I will let you all know if I choose to go and try to film some of it.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why do you suppose Nam wrote "wheels" on Maria Sotskova's farewell to all the skaters at east west palace. Was he there training or did he just hop in on the fun? Check out all the skaters that posted on it. Pretty cool but what's up with wheels? These are the big questions burning in my mind I tell ya:laugh:

https://instagram.com/p/5LF176DX2K/

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
It's actually really close to me and I almost went last year but then something came up, I actually saw Nam already at Stars on Ice this year and took a photo with him after the show. He's very tall, I didn't believe people when they told me he grew about half a head in one season but he is definitely 5'10 (177cm), yepp. No doubt about it. I will let you all know if I choose to go and try to film some of it.

Thanks:). Yeah, I saw him live at Kanazawa FaOI in Japan at the end of June. My impression was his sharply increasing height! He seemed to have a bit of trouble about jumps at that time. I hope he quickly recovers his consistency.
Why do you suppose Nam wrote "wheels" on Maria Sotskova's farewell to all the skaters at east west palace. Was he there training or did he just hop in on the fun? Check out all the skaters that posted on it. Pretty cool but what's up with wheels? These are the big questions burning in my mind I tell ya:laugh:
https://instagram.com/p/5LF176DX2K/

I have no idea! Someone tell me what he meant by “wheels”!:scratch:

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker

ahhhh, how i wish i could go but unfortunately i cant , i hope you can go and share it with us! there is gonna be live stream according to a user so i am hoping to watch online (if i dont fall asleep cause its gonna be middle of the night here XD) :cheer: