Anna Shcherbakova | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Anna Shcherbakova

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
After Junior SP at Russian Cup Final she is 8th with 59.55 points. This is not bad, Anna got more than Losko and Nugumanova. I'm not sure but probably all other girls are 2 years older than she is.
But at 1st stage she got 61.95 and at the 2nd 65.79

Last edited:

vorravorra

Record Breaker
After Junior SP at Russian Cup Final she is 8th with 59.55 points. This is not bad, Anna got more than Losko and Nugumanova. I'm not sure but probably all other girls are 2 years older than she is.
No, there are other 12 year olds. Trusova, Tarakanova. And some 13 year olds.

Last edited:

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
SP, competition at Russian Cup Final: https://youtu.be/IOPLG-TGzHI?list=PLA_iriCOfhXzie8b_mRSAOCw3kJr0B1fS
Judges scores: https://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/198303/9252400.5/0_127627_58d0d246_XXL.gif
At 1st stage of the Cup she got 61.95 and at the 2nd 65.79; this time Anna lost 3.7 because didn't perform FCSp4 and 1.0 as deduction

Training before FP: https://youtu.be/Rs0dTQ0GPdY

FP score is 113.26 (172.81 total and 8th place).
Judges scores: https://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/218579/9252400.5/0_12762c_a50efe10_XXL.gif

Last edited:

venx

Match Penalty
Injury and two-month long break clearly got to her. Her mistakes were very unusual, while jumps pretty OK. For sure they'll give her more chances to advance for next year's JGP.

venx

Match Penalty
Moscow qualifiers for Nationals Elder Age will be skated this week. Entry lists haven't been published yet but Anna should skate there. TOP 6 skaters from this competition will qualify for Nationals Elder age which will be skated early April.
Afaik, she can't participate in Nationals Younger Age, so this could be her last chance to get a good placement/score this season and convince feds to her case in regard to next year's JGP spots.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Entries are up for Moscow qualifiers for Nationals Elder Age. Anna is there and so are Panenkova, Trusova, Tarakanova, Gulyakova and Tarusina among others. Very high quality event as one can see. As said before Anna needs to be among TOP 6 here so that she can skate at the Nationals Elder Age.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Sadly Anna WD.

Will have to wait official entry list of Nationals Younger Age and Nationals Elder Age to see if her name appears either one of those lists despite the fact that she qualified neither.

Undino

Rinkside
This makes me sad... 😪 Now I'm a little bit worried if she'll make the JGP team for next season. For Panenkova and Trusova it already seemed a sealed deal and I thought so it would be for Anna.... Praying for my favourite junior🙏🙏🙏

venx

Match Penalty
So her only chance for 17/18 JGP now is fed invitation to test skates in the summer? :(

The Finn

Record Breaker
Russian Fed did the right thing and added her to the entry list of Nationals Younger Age. Now she needs to deliver, hopefully she will win here.

hanca

Record Breaker
Russian Fed did the right thing and added her to the entry list of Nationals Younger Age. Now she needs to deliver, hopefully she will win here.

Right thing? That depend which way you look at it. There is no doubt that skillwise she deserves to be there. On the other hand, how does the person who just missed on qualification feels? Because in theory she is having this skater's spot. In USA, if you miss qualifying competition, you simply don't qualify to the nationals. Even if it is out of your control, for example being in bed with the flu. As much as I like Anna's skating, her gain is someone elses loss and that's not fair. What about, for example, Tarusina, who missed out on qualifying for nationals elder age? In theory, she would also deserve to be there skillwise.