2017 GP Internationaux de France Ladies SP | Page 44 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Internationaux de France Ladies SP

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
She could do a Tetris program maybe?
Ugh, I'm hoping tomorrow is better. I really would to do well in a prediction game.

alvina9894

Final Flight
Ok finally just now got to watch this and what.... did... I just.....watch!?!?
If something was wrong with the ice that would make sense, it just seemed like there is some black home in the arena that is sucking out the life energy from these girls.

Mai Mihara looked like she didn't know what the heck happened with running into those boards. I thought she recovered well though. Off topic but can I just say I appreciate her dress and that her bottoms are very appropriate. It's nice not to see awkward butt cheeks hanging out and we won't have to worry about a click bait YouTube thumbnail for her.

Alina Zagitova, everything with her was like 2 steps off. Seemed like she was really trying to catch up the entire program. Like she's the one in the orchestra that's behind and trying to find her place in the sheet music. As a result everything looked rushed.

Maria sotskova stood out as being very powerful but I swear that one arm over the head is looking worse. It looks like that Tetris peice everyone hates getting when all we want is that smooth straight peice. I didn't think it was possible to be bent at the elbow AND the wrist. It is the thing that I remember most from an actually well done program and that is unfortunate.
Katelyn Osmond was just kind of "meh" as well. I was expecting her performance to be outstanding in France for the SP!
Hopefully tomorrow is better!

Can't really blame Mai, the rink was on the small side and her first jump on the combo was iffy.
Alina really should go back to her SP last season, that was way better than Swan Lake.
Maria's arm-over-head was indeed... meh. But she got her GOE and that's the important part.
Katelyn did fair IMO, but she can do even better.

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
It is very warhorse isn't it? Almost tired of hearing it! Theme B would definitely be more creative. Extra points if she goes with anything 8 bit as well!

That would make sense if the rink is smaller than what one is used to I suppose it'd be tricky to get used to that! I think going back to the other program could be wise. This Swan Lake just isn't coming together. She looked so sad! Fingers crossed for all these ladies.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
I give Eteri a 9.75 in Performance PCS for her "utter disgust" face when handing the blade guards to Zagitova.

KweenAsada

On the Ice
Zagitova's coach needs to realize that maybe, just maybe, every skater isn't equipped to do the majority/all of their jumps in the second half of the program. I can't imagine how exhausting it must be on their bodies.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Yuna Shiraiwa totally won this SP. Too bad the judges didn't score it as such.

Polina Edmunds perhaps had the best program here, really good attention to position and movement throughout. She's not in competitive form though.

Everything else - ICK.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
To clarify some misinformation going around, I'd like to point out Polesud rink is actually 30x60m, which is Olympic size. The rink is not smaller than other rinks.

Crystal7

Final Flight
I like Alina so much. I think that too much pressure is being put on her. When I saw the faces of her coach and especially choreographer sitting next too her, I just felt like she's trapped. That was so sad. I hope that this relation isn't as bad as it looks, but I feel really sorry for her. And I am worried about what could happen in a year or two with her.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I like Alina so much. I think that too much pressure is being put on her. When I saw the faces of her coach and especially choreographer sitting next too her, I just felt like she's trapped. That was so sad. I hope that this relation isn't as bad as it looks, but I feel really sorry for her. And I am worried about what could happen in a year or two with her.

I think still that she is strong, talented and will cope. I think most of us (me included) expected her to come to the senior scene and be Medvedeva 2, who never makes mistakes, but it's actually only natural that she suffers from some nerves when making her senior debut and being already seen as potential olympic gold or silver.

If this weren't an olympic year it'd be less pressure for her, but her first senior season and she has to go all in already. I still expect her to have a great FP. :p

Crystal7

Final Flight
I think still that she is strong, talented and will cope. I think most of us (me included) expected her to come to the senior scene and be Medvedeva 2, who never makes mistakes, but it's actually only natural that she suffers from some nerves when making her senior debut and being already seen as potential olympic gold or silver.

If this weren't an olympic year it'd be less pressure for her, but her first senior season and she has to go all in already. I still expect her to have a great FP. :p

Of course, you are right :) Her abilities, skills are amazing and expectations were high,but I was thinking about her coach and choreographer reactions. He had such expression on his face like he was thinking 'how pathetic, how disgusting', something like that. Maybe I am too sensitive, but I really had that impression. I hope that they are treating her in a proper way - like a human.

bobbob

Medalist
Panic in Eteri's rink! first Evgenia now Alina!! The world is ending...

Anyways the skates here were a mess. Katelyn and Alina are supposed to be Olympic podium favorites....It's a little early, but I think carolina looks to be the favorite for the Olympic silver right now.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Panic in Eteri's rink! first Evgenia now Alina!! The world is ending...

Anyways the skates here were a mess. Katelyn and Alina are supposed to be Olympic podium favorites....It's a little early, but I think carolina looks to be the favorite for the Olympic silver right now.

Might be, but I really think that Wakaba Higuchi has shown more up until this point. If it so happens that Kostner would win over Higuchi with both skating an average performance, it'd really sting.

Zagitova probably needed a bit more of an adjustment period. It's quite harsh having to come into seniors and immediately need to do a really difficult program for the Olympics. She probably needed some more time... She's only 15 after all.

madison

Record Breaker
Of course, you are right :) Her abilities, skills are amazing and expectations were high,but I was thinking about her coach and choreographer reactions. He had such expression on his face like he was thinking 'how pathetic, how disgusting', something like that. Maybe I am too sensitive, but I really had that impression. I hope that they are treating her in a proper way - like a human.

Ohh, I don't think so... he always seems really supportive with Alina. And judging on his body language at Lombardia and COC, he looks to really care about everything.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Might be, but I really think that Wakaba Higuchi has shown more up until this point. If it so happens that Kostner would win over Higuchi with both skating an average performance, it'd really sting.

Zagitova probably needed a bit more of an adjustment period. It's quite harsh having to come into seniors and immediately need to do a really difficult program for the Olympics. She probably needed some more time... She's only 15 after all.

She doesn't have time. It's now or never to beat the others with her technical content - she's the best 'senior' in the World right now, and it is just her luck that this is the Olympic year. I don't think it's all doom and gloom for her. I'm pretty positive she will come back in the LP. And even if not, she still has several outings to prove herself, before judgement day. Technically it will only go down, the older she gets, we know that. I think the cracks are beginning to show now with Evgenia. She might make the Gold medal at Pyeongchang, but she won't be the dominant skater in the years to come.

madison

Record Breaker
She doesn't have time. It's now or never to beat the others with her technical content - she's the best 'senior' in the World right now, and it is just her luck that this is the Olympic year. I don't think it's all doom and gloom for her. I'm pretty positive she will come back in the LP. And even if not, she still has several outings to prove herself, before judgement day. Technically it will only go down, the older she gets, we know that. I think the cracks are beginning to show now with Evgenia. She might make the Gold medal at Pyeongchang, but she won't be the dominant skater in the years to come.

I don't think it's a luck that this is the Olympic year. The pressure and expectations are too high to handle and she didn't have time to establish herself as a top senior so in case she makes mistakes on the tech part to compensate in PCS - something similar to Med, Kostner and Osmond.

deneuved

On the Ice
Never thought I'd say this but I actually prefer Polina Tsurskaya to Alina Zagitova now. I'm not sure but this unusually high rate of mistakes by Alina this year are maybe mental - she's obviously nervous.

madison

Record Breaker
Never thought I'd say this but I actually prefer Polina Tsurskaya to Alina Zagitova now. I'm not sure but this unusually high rate of mistakes by Alina this year are maybe mental - she's obviously nervous.
Polina has the mental advantage of coming from behind. I don't like her but I think she'll surprise us this season.