Sakhanovich to replace Pogorilaya at SA | Golden Skate

Sakhanovich to replace Pogorilaya at SA

russianfan

Match Penalty
At least we've got a nice substitution here. Russian fed is doing amazing this season. Every decision is smart and on time (at least in ladies department, i don't follow other disciplines, so don't know how they're doing there)

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
At least we've got a nice substitution here. Russian fed is doing amazing this season. Every decision is smart and on time (at least in ladies department, i don't follow other disciplines, so don't know how they're doing there)

And good job by USA fed for filling the spot. At this late date, they could have left it open.

Interesting choice. Serafima can be really good when she's on, but surprised that 'ABBA' girl Valeria (?) wasn't chosen since Rus fed seem to like her?!

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Interesting choice. Serafima can be really good when she's on, but surprised that 'ABBA' girl Valeria (?) wasn't chosen since Rus fed seem to like her?!

ABBA girl was chosen because it was Rostelecom Cup and RusFed could chose whoever they wanted. In case of WD from any other GP the substitution is chosen on the basis of world standings

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
it is true. But what about Dabin spot? it was not filled, right? :(

Since Anna likely had a hotel and flight booked it was probably easy to just transfer her travel and lodging to Serafima. She probably still has visa and travel details already covered.

I wonder though...why no one from South Korea or even a quick drive from Canada isn’t available make the trip.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
The ISU entries page for ladies is still "down," so likely is being updated. It's entirely possible that when it returns, the other open spot will have been filled. Maybe Kailani, who trains in the U.S.?

Barb

Record Breaker
The ISU entries page for ladies is still "down," so likely is being updated. It's entirely possible that when it returns, the other open spot will have been filled. Maybe Kailani, who trains in the U.S.?

What do you mean being ¨down¨? I can see the entries and Serafima is there. It says 20. Nov. 2017 15:29h

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow, how exciting for Sima! Although also nerve-wracking, since apparently she has to go coachless!

Fingers crossed for a great competition for her! :pray: Go Sima!

Very sad to hear about Anna though, her poor back :( I hope she can get it successfully treated and get healthy.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Excuse me while I go find somewhere to hide and wallow in my sadness.

This isn't unexpected but still makes me so sad. The sport is less bright without her. :(

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Honestly I think Anna dug her grave by withdrawing here, she really needed to have a strong international skate before showing up at nationals, and now with polina t and Maria, it’ll be almost impossible for her to be on the team even if she is clean at nats

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It is sad to see such a great skater not be able to really compete due to injury. we know she is prone to bad falls but it is really sad when it is not because of bad skating but now she is clearly injured - when it effects your spins and spirals it is pretty clear it will effect jumps and all.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Honestly I think Anna dug her grave by withdrawing here, she really needed to have a strong international skate before showing up at nationals, and now with polina t and Maria, it’ll be almost impossible for her to be on the team even if she is clean at nats

She wouldn't skate at nats anyway, she's injured.

MRani

On the Ice
It is sad to see such a great skater not be able to really compete due to injury. we know she is prone to bad falls but it is really sad when it is not because of bad skating but now she is clearly injured - when it effects your spins and spirals it is pretty clear it will effect jumps and all.

Some things are bigger than the Olympics. Apparently she was in so much pain after the FS in Canada that she could barely move and couldn’t take off her costume in the locker room. Clearly, it’s impossible to train properly and compete with that kind of pain. I’m glad she’s taking the time to properly address her back injury. There can be permanent and lifelong damage if she ignores it. I don’t see how competing and having another disastrous result because of her poor health would be better for her.